The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they've turn into the Devil Rays of seasons past. :love:

I'd be happy if the Devil Rays turned back into the Devil Rays. But yeah, if the Yanks were the new D-Rays, that would be pretty cool.

I'd be happy if the Devil Rays turned back into the Devil Rays.

They pretty much have, at least when they're playing somebody other than Boston. They're 6-1 vs. Boston, 5-15 vs. everyone else.

Yeah I'd like them to get back to stinking against Boston, please. I'm cool with them beating the Yankees tonight though.

d1c9a6a3-b4cc-405b-b919-d15f6ef0210c.jpg

shove it up your grienke

Greinke: 6-0, 0.40 ERA, 54 K's, 3 CG
Carlos Santana: 4-1, 0.91 ERA, 54 K's 0 CG

Advantage still Greinke.
Should make for a good all star game matchup.

He doesn't need much.

If he was doing this in NY or Boston it would be a huge story. Hope he keeps it up, the Royals could be the story MLB needs this year.

obviously grienke's been great... not taking anything away from him. i mean if he was in new york or boston he'd also be doing it against much better teams... but still, he's been great thus far and it will be interesting to see if he (and the royals) can keep it up. of all the small market teams kansas city would be the ones who i feel for the most, the fans want to turn out for them but they've been so bad the last decade that it's tough.

the scary thing about santana is that his history says that he will get better once the weather gets warmer. he's never this good early. i don't really know how that could be possible at this point.

What you're seeing with Santana thus far is reminiscent of (from my and your GF's standpoint) '86 pre-Pettitteinducedsteroids Clemens or a '99-'03 Pedro.
Every time he takes the mound, you expect a win and no more than 2 runs by the opponent.

He's clearly on top of his game, which means he's almost unhittable.

As for Greinke, obviously we need to see him do it for a longer stretch.

And much like Pedro, Santana hardly gets any run support. It's like the bats go to sleep because they expect a great outing and only need a run or two.

I'm really not shocked by anyone at this point, but I was hoping Manny was above it.

wow. that changes the NL West for sure.

by the way, anyone see Duffy's catch last night? Go Brews!

I guess his claim is that it was something a doctor gave him that happened to be banned, not steroids or anything...who knows.
Apparently stuff such as hair regrowth drugs are on the banned list, so maybe he's being truthful, maybe those dreads aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Well, good to know the Mariners haven't forgotten how to suck. Hopefully it's just an occasional suck this season, and it wasn't just one glorious month of playing well and sitting atop the AL West.

manny being suspended for taking rogaine to grow longer dreads would be the ultimate in manny being manny moments.

i really hope it comes out that it was something just completely wacky that just happens to be on the banned substance list, just so we don't have to deal with people all pissy about manny and the hall of fame.

Yeah, those are my thoughts too. I don't know how but I hope we find out that he's telling the truth about it just being something the doctor gave him...not steroids. And the Dodgers are still gonna win that division anyway.

As for Greinke. Fuck. But this isn't really anything new. If I remember correctly, his first 6 or 7 starts last year were phenomenal as well and he brought like a 1.25 ERA into mid May. He's kicked it up to an even higher level this year but, yeah, it's not like nobody saw this coming. Dude has had great stuff and great potential for years. Hiding in the murky depths of the AL Central.

Not much to say about Manny because I really couldn't care less, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Poor Joe Torre. He was able to avoid all the A-Rod BS. Now, he's gotta deal with the Manny BS.

Wow, when was the last time the Rangers, Blue Jays, and Royals were all in first?

I don't even care if it's just a half game. I'm loving it. Apparently Anna Benson thinks getting Kris Benson back is going to bolster the Rangers and give them what they need to turn this half game lead into a thirteen game lead. Myself? I'm skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom