the minus 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
any thoughts or opinions?

i just picked up a couple of their albums since i'm obsessed with peter buck and all...listening through them...i'm really liking it. some of their stuff has definate beatles vibes...especially some on "in rock"...i'll post more thoughts when i listen to the other 2 albums i got (heh, i went ebay crazy...)

anyone else?

ok, i popped in a new one. it's called i don't know who i am (let the war against music begin vol. 2).

this one is very beck. it reminds me of sea change a lot...really laid back and layered. good stuff...i like this one better than in rock so far...heh.

:) I like the Minus 5 a lot. And Scott McOi is one of the craziest, friendliest musicians around.

brianne!!! hey girl!

yeah...i was listening to some young fresh fellows and laughing my ass off...he's crazy...

Yay! I Minus 5 thread!. I really enjoy them. And Scott McOi is indeed fabulous.

Also, I can't remember if it's Young Fresh Fellows or Minus Five (I think it's the former), but I believe Taco Wagon to be one of the finest songs ever recorded. It's basically just the band jamming, interspersed with shouts of "TACO WAGON!" Quality stuff. ;)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I believe Taco Wagon to be one of the finest songs ever recorded. It's basically just the band jamming, interspersed with shouts of "TACO WAGON!" Quality stuff. ;)

YES! I think it is the Young Fresh Fellows, but you're totally right. Hank, Karen, and Elvis is also a Minus 5 song I enjoy a lot. Laura, we saw them in concert last year in Chicago. Sadly, no Peter Buck. (Peter Buck is currently leering at me from the May page of my R.E.M. fanclub calendar, though.)

ooh, i'm jealous...if any of the 3 of us lived any closer to seattle we'd have more buck luck (heh)...

yeah, that picture on the calander is creepy, in a funny sort of way...

i want to see the minus 5 with peter buck though...see for me...well, let's just say he's the object of many obsessive tendencies :wink:

if they ever play in chicago again, though, i'm going with you guys...

and just out of curiosity, isn't his last name mc caughey? i know it's pronounced like you wrote it...

i haven't heard taco wagon, but i really like the song my drum set, among others. any recommendations for my next yff album? i just have because we hate you.

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:
ooh, i'm jealous...if any of the 3 of us lived any closer to seattle we'd have more buck luck (heh)...

yeah, that picture on the calander is creepy, in a funny sort of way...

i want to see the minus 5 with peter buck though...see for me...well, let's just say he's the object of many obsessive tendencies :wink:

if they ever play in chicago again, though, i'm going with you guys...

and just out of curiosity, isn't his last name mc caughey? i know it's pronounced like you wrote it...

i haven't heard taco wagon, but i really like the song my drum set, among others. any recommendations for my next yff album? i just have because we hate you.

Honestly, I've never heard a full YFF album. My only exposure to them is an excellent mix tape a friend (another REM-o-phile, now that I think about it) made for me that I don't get to listen to very much because I managed to leave it at home. :rolleyes:

Also, yes, Scott's last name is indeed spelled McCaughey. I spell it the other way a) because it's shorter and b) so I remember how to pronounce it correctly (heh).

Back
Top Bottom