The Michael Jackson appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, his dance moves are better than mine :hmm:

in all fairness he did write some classic pop songs :up:

Last edited:
I have never seen him live and at this moment I don't want to anymore (unlike Madonna). However, he made some great songs. I have Thriller and Bad on vinyl and bought HiStory on the day of release (even got a 12" version of the accompanying booklet for free). Billie Jean is classic, as is The Way You Make Me Feel and I also like Earth Song (less sugary than Heal The World).
So yeah, until the mid-Nineties he was definately :up:

Aw!

:dance:

Marty

if he ever does tour again, which isnt liklely, i highly recommend it to anyone who used to like him back when he was at his greatest. he is an utter perfectionist and performs live, as he does on all his mini movie video clips.

I never saw him live, I honestly never liked any of his music. That Making of Thriller video was overshown ad nauseum on MTV back in its day. So you can image how tired I am of hearing about it now. I never liked it. BUT- yes I will admit he's talented and a creative genius. I also think he's weird as all get out. But just as we saw in the famous poet thread, and as we see with artists all through time including now, some of the greatest creative geniuses have been freaks, weirdos, and dysfunctionals. Not all, but plenty of them. It could be that the part of the brain that makes you creative also makes you weird.

So I have one question left- WHY AM I STILL POOR? :scream: ;)

I have a worse confession than having seen him. I was really mad and jealous when my friend got tickets to see him at MSG and I didn't back in the mid-80s. It's not that I was a big fan or anything, it just seemed like a show I should see, being a rabid music/concert fan and all. I got over it, though.

Also, the first record I ever bought with my own money all by myself was a Jackson 5 record when I was 6. :|

Last edited:
i haven't seen him live, i have never wanted to, and he's always scared me so i've never been able to see him on tv long enough or hear his music long enough to appreciate any pop classics or his dancing abilities.

i probably liked the free willy song at one point :| because when the movie came out on video, my sister and i watched it every day :shifty:

i do know someone who saw him live, and she unembarrasingly told everyone she enjoyed it. and she said she was sitting next to the the subway diet jared guy.

Michael wasn't always scary. Unfortunately those of you born in the mid 80s have only known scary Michael. There was nothing scary about Michael Jackson in, say, 1984 and certainly nothing embarrassing about seeing him live. He was universally beloved and his performances were exciting and groundbreaking for the times.

I was about 15 or 16 when the Thriller album came out. I really loved Billie Jean and Beat It - still love them to this day. But by the time he did the Thriller video I was already kind of tired of him. Plus I realized that Prince was about 1,000,000 times cooler.

I've never seen MJ live, but I'll bet it was quite an experience back in the day. Nowadays I wouldn't cross the street to see him for free. :|

(Edited to add I love the Jackson 5 stuff from the early '70s - ABC rules!)

Last edited:
Yes, I have seen the Jacksons live in concert. You know how you remember certain things about shows....

The concert I saw was at BC Place in Vancouver, 60,000 seat stadium and it was sold out. The opening act was....wait for it.

still waiting...

a juggler - yes, some guy juggling for 60,000 paying customers.

Michael Jackson can sing, dance, and has written some great songs but sadly I don't music historians will be able to focus on that. Instead I think he is going to be remembered less favourably due to the plastic surgeries and child abuse allegations.

I like his songs and I think he`s been very influential. I only have Thriller though, but I want to buy his Best of. I used to be a huge fan when I was about 5-6 years old. I had a MJ sweatshirt and I was trying to learn how to moonwalk. :lol:

I dont really like Jackson now- he is a little wierd but I can say that he is very good musically, or was, he hasnt had the same staying around power as say Madonna or Prince, but I think that because he was just so astronomically massive in the 80s that he has many, many die hard fans still lingering around. I can remember 80s Jackson very well, when I was about 6 years old Beat It was one of my fave songs and I can remember the impact musically that the whole Thriller album had........
I liked some of his stuff off Bad- man in the mirror was nice and I liked the song that he did called 'Leave me alone' around that time- it had an awesome film clip..........but I think that from then on he just progressively become wierder or eccentric, who knows. Part of me however does think that he didnt molest those boys, or rather he saw that what he was doing as not wrong and if that is the case than maybe he is actually just not very well. I feel for his kids the most, seriously, could you handle it if Jacko were your Father????????:ohmy:

no way. anyone who is smart enough to marry nic cage wouldnt be dumb enough to sleep with michael jackson....ah who am i kidding. lisa marie is a trollop and probably did sleep with him....god knows how :|

strike that. all the bed hopping that goes on in hollywood is beyond my comprehension and i like it like that.

:sigh:

I'm still a fan of the music. Maybe not so much the recent stuff but nevertheless I started out when I was young. Dangerous was a great record to listen to in high school whilst drowning out the world.

Never saw him live. Never really had the chance. Don't know if I would now.

Back
Top Bottom