The Mclusky Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XHendrix24

Refugee
EAT WHAT YOU ARE WHILE YOU'RE FALLIN' APART
AND IT OPENED A CAN OF WORMS

:rockon:

Any other Mclusky nuts in here? One of the best good-humored ROCK bands in recent memory.

Mcluskyism box set = :drool:

ive only heard she will bring you happiness and loved it, what else would you recommend?

Yeah, unfortunately they did break up. :( Though I think I heard something about a couple of their members forming a new band. Not sure if anything's come of it yet or not.

And while "She Will Bring You Happiness" is definitely one of my favorite Mclusky songs, be forewarned that it's probably the most melodic/poppy song in their catalogue (well, it's up there at least). Most of their stuff has a bit of a harder edge to it, and though the pop sensibilities are still in tact, they're a bit more subtle. I'd recommend the Mclusky 3-CD set for beginners, which includes a singles disk with some of their best songs ("Lightsaber Cocksucking Blues," "To Hell With Good Intentions," "That Man Will Not Hang," and the single-only release "There Ain't No Fool In Ferguson" are some highlights, along with "She Will Bring You Happiness" and others), a disk of b-sides which is good in its own right, and a disk of so-called "C-Sides" that's mostly made up of demos and some live recordings, which is actually really good as well. If you're looking for a single CD, I'd probably recommend Mclusky Do Dallas, though you really can't go wrong with any of their three full lengths.

Really great yet often overlooked band. They were kind of like The Pixies with more of a punk edge to them. I don't know, I'm bad at descriptions. But they ruled.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom