The MC5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have that album yet, but I hear it's better than the second one, which I friggin love. Let Me Try is awesome. :drool: I love how he goes from super sensitive to basically "I'm a hit that shit right" from one line to the next.

I picked up Parklife from Blur at the same time, and there's an interesting juxtaposition between those two albums that I don't fully understand yet. But I like it.

That's the only MC5 song I can name.

I really don't belong in this thread, I guess. I just wanted to say "kick out the jams, motherfucker."

I'm sorry.

MrBrau1 said:
"Baby Won't Ya" is just the king of rock & roll songs.

Better than Chartered Trips by Husker Du? That's a bold statement. I'll look it up.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:drool:

They do kick all sorts of ass. One of the few reasons to be a proud Detroiter. :hi5:

I recently learned it mean Motor City. Actually, I think I knew that but forgot, so I guess I relearned it. But whatever, it's a cool name.

UberBeaver said:
I have Back in the USA. How does the live album sound? Is the quality good?

it's called "Kick Out The Jams".
it's insane. those dudes were completely and totally off their rockers...

UberBeaver said:
I have Back in the USA. How does the live album sound? Is the quality good?

Oh yeah, get "Kick Out The Jams" and "High Time."

If you'd like, I'll upload.

"Back in the USA" is MC5 after being neutered.

Last edited:
I do plan on picking up Kick Out The Jams, but I usually don't dig live albums. They never sound right to me.

I know what you mean by the neutered sound, but they still have a cool groove to them. I like the 50s throwback shit, like the Misfits. Just old time rock and roll with a modern understanding. It's awesome. The closest we've gotten to that in a while is The Strokes.

UberBeaver said:
I do plan on picking up Kick Out The Jams, but I usually don't dig live albums. They never sound right to me.

I know what you mean by the neutered sound, but they still have a cool groove to them. I like the 50s throwback shit, like the Misfits. Just old time rock and roll with a modern understanding. It's awesome. The closest we've gotten to that in a while is The Strokes.

this isn't a live album like you think of live albums...
pink floyd gave live albums a bad name.
this was a concert, recorded live, that served to define the band and their music.
frankly, you could own only "Kick Out the Jams" and nothing else
and be a complete MC5 fan.
it's the definitive recording.
the wheels are simultaneously catching fire and falling off...

GET IT!!!

amazing stuff....

Back
Top Bottom