The Masters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Ok so its already over so this will be a pretty short ass thread, but wasnt that chip in by Tiger on 16 amazing? Then he nearly choked it away only to come back and win in a playoff.

Good stuff, even though I was pulling for DiMarco

yeah so apparently my sister went like it was no big deal! Drove down to Augusta with some friends and they knew people who had passes and went right in. She was 3 feet from Tiger Woods...

damn, I am not even a big golf fan but I would've LOVED to have been there

:drool:

Definitely one of the best golf shots ever. Gotta love the Augusta greens.

im not a huge fan of golf on tv, but on the last day, down the stretch, its usually some pretty exciting stuff

and this was one of the more exciting finishes ive seen in a long time

with one of those shots that will go down in history

then on 18 dimarco almost made his own historic chip that went in and out of the hole, and that would have won it for him

it was just back and forth until the end, very fun

Last edited:
Chizip said:
Ok so its already over so this will be a pretty short ass thread, but wasnt that chip in by Tiger on 16 amazing?
Somewhere at Augusta National, after that shot rolled in, Bill Murray was seen slinking away from his TNT plunger.

I'm an avid golfer, my handicap is less than 10; I golf Orange County and Tiger Woods is Orange County's hero, just not my hero...

I've never liked him, I admit I don't know him....I've always rooted against him BUT...........the chip shot on 16 even got me to jump out of my seat!!!!

Lucky bastard, he'll never do it again....(under those conditions)!

:flipsfingeratTiger:

you know if former rams player D'Marco Farr married Chris Dimarco, and took his last name, he would be D'Marco Dimarco

Speaking of Rams, I play golf at nearby Anaheim Hills where....you can always see Deacon Jones sitting at the bar or Vince Ferragamo putting on the practice greens....

I think Deacon only plays when he's gassed...can't hit a sober shot! Not just my opinion but also witnessed by others...at 2 a.m., they just prop him in the corner until the next day!

The shot at the 16th was one of the best ive ever seen, and i watch a lot of golf. Was jumping around the room when that went in (a bit like listening to a U2 concert). Credit to DiMarco though, he did well to stay in there right to the end.

Anybody else wondering why Tiger continued on 18 with that damn siren going off?

I kept thinking, WTF, back off and wait until the siren is done for good. Then he skanks it into the bunker like a 17 handicap. Glad he prevailed, great drama, but IMO that was a mental error to continue with that shot.

Back
Top Bottom