The March of the Penguins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
Has anybody seen this movie?

It's a documentary narrated by Morgan Freeman.

Absolutely charming and beautifully filmed in Antarctica. Follows the journey of the emperor penguin, their mating habits and how they bring up their young. It's a really fascinating (and often funny) tale.

I really want to see this!

So far it's only playing at the Mayan, which is the most uncomfortable place to see a film, but I will brave it.

My hairdresser said she went and really enjoyed it. I don't know if I have THAT much free time, as I don't get out to see many of the movies I've wanted to see... Such is life...

Pingouin03.gif

I think it had the 2nd highest per screen avg behind "Wedding Crashers".
Its supposed to get a much wider release this Friday.
Its already made like 16 Million in limited release, with basically no advertising.
Seems like it could be this year's "My Big fat Greek Wedding".

I saw this film when it was in limited release about a month ago in VA ! (one of the good things of living in the DC metro area!)

Albeit a short film 80minutes, it's great and truly entertaining!

I just read an article about the film on how the French version has French actor playing the parts of the penquins (I'm not kidding, maybe I can find the article again, it was on Yahoo last week!!)

American audiences didn't like humans voicing the penquins so a narration was written (voiced by Morgan Freeman) and as well as a new score.

My sister watched it yesterday! She enjoyed it but she didn't understand how the penquins wouldn't protect the babies from that bird when they would protect one baby from a grieving mother.

Oh well!!!

I highly recommend this picture!!

Re: how much penguin sex exactly

bonosgirl84 said:

yes.

when i saw the preview i said oh look, they made a movie just for meggie! :cute:

me, too!

I can't wait to see it. I love pengies. :heart:

I really want to see this movie, but I've been holding off for a couple reasons.

1) When I see cute animals, no matter if it is in real life or on tv, I always end up making the most embarrasing cooing noises. I just know I'll do that in the theatre. Have any of you heard other freaks like me in the theatre who can't handle cute animals? :cute:

2) I get very emotional about cute animals in peril. Can any of you tell me if there are very intense peril scenes that last for a long time and drag things down?

HelloAngel said:
I really want to see this movie, but I've been holding off for a couple reasons.

1) When I see cute animals, no matter if it is in real life or on tv, I always end up making the most embarrasing cooing noises. I just know I'll do that in the theatre. Have any of you heard other freaks like me in the theatre who can't handle cute animals? :cute:

2) I get very emotional about cute animals in peril. Can any of you tell me if there are very intense peril scenes that last for a long time and drag things down?

There are a couple of scenes (not very long) where sad things happen. You'll be fine :hug:

As for the cooing if anyone asks say there is a dove in the theatre :giggle:

I saw it today, very good despite the horrible crowd.

Everyone was going "awww" at the screen, so you should be able to coo unnoticed, Hello Angel! :)

I wish it would hurry up and come out here. :impatient:

I make little squeeling noises when I see cute animals, HelloAngel. I'll have to modify fah's suggestion and say there is a guinea pig in the theatre. :lol:

"The March of the Penguins" and "Mad Hot Ballroom," two documentaries that drew impressive lines at box offices, are among 15 documentaries that made the cut for Oscar consideration, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said on Tuesday.

The 15 were chosen by the Academy's Documentary Branch Screening Committee from 82 films. The list will be narrowed to five when Oscar nominations are announced on January 31. The 78th annual Oscars will be presented on March 5.

The French-made "March of the Penguins," a nature tale that humanizes the life of penguins, became a U.S. box office phenomenon by grossing $77 million in domestic ticket sales, second only to 2004's "Fahrenheit 9/11," the all-time top grossing documentary with $119 million in domestic receipts.

"Mad Hot Ballroom," a heartwarming tale of New York City schoolchildren competing in a dance contest, earned critical raves plus $8 million in ticket grosses. Critics have called 2005 an exceptional year for documentaries, thanks in part to the success of "Penguins" and "Ballroom."

Among the 13 other films making the short list are "After Innocence," about three convicted men freed by DNA evidence, "The Boys of Baraka," about 12-year-olds from Baltimore going to school in Kenya, "Darwin's Nightmare" about fishing for a predatory fish in a lake in Tanzania, "The Devil and Daniel Johnston," about a tormented musical genius, and "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room," about the collapse of the company.

Also on the list are "Favela Rising," about slums outside of Rio de Janeiro, "Murderball," a film about quadriplegics who play a form of wheelchair rugby, "Occupation: Dreamland" about the Iraqi war, "On Native Soil: The Documentary of the 9/11 Commission report," "Rize" about a Los Angeles dance movement, "Street Fight," about one man's campaign to become mayor of Newark, "39 Pounds of Love," about a man unable to move any part of his body and "Unknown White Male" about a man who woke up with total amnesia

Back
Top Bottom