The Manic Street Preachers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ludwig72

Babyface
I am getting back into these lads, thanks to their latest release single - Empty Souls. I really dig them. Whadda ya guys think?

What a coincidence, I'm just starting to appreciate them. I heard snippets from their first record and it sounded pretty good. I'm going to try and get some of their songs and then choose which records to buy (I know I'm going to buy the first one). :wave:

There's already another thread here :) Right below yours...but that said, i like what i've heard... but I've only heard "so why so sad"

Manics

They are a great band and their new LP is a real return to form I think. Does anyone have a CDR copy of their New year's Eve show from 99/2000? I have been looking everywhere.

rolinpo@hotmail.com

boystupidboy said:
though i'd get a response with that one.Nothing good has ever come out of Wales:ohmy:
'waits for a long list of Welsh achievements from an irrate taffy'

I am not Welsh! But, just these two words for you Boy -

'THE EDGE"
:wink:

Anyway, the MSP new album is slowly growing on me. But nothing will surpass Holy Bible or Generation Terrorist for me. I saw them in concert in Plymouth on Friday, and it was pretty good. That's when the new stuff started to hit me.

Aardvark747 said:
Good album Zero. Get the 1st album next...if only just for You Love Us and Motorcycle Emptiness.

iv,e already downloaded both of them on reccomendation from someoneelse thinking about getting the Holy Bible rerelease if i can come up with the money..:|

HeartlandGirl said:

They're the cat's meow. :up:

Hello Kitty!!!

Because of the Yertles and HeartlandGirls, I enjoy this band by a good amount now. I'm listening to Lifeblood for the first time as I type this, actually. :up:

Their catalog of music is fairly difficult to find in the States.

u2popmofo said:
I'm listening to Lifeblood for the first time as I type this, actually. :up:

Rub it in, why don't ya? :angry:

:wink:

Actually, I heard '1985' on LAUNCH today. I approve highly. Less than a week til the U.S. release, if it can be found anywhere.

I guess I'll swallow my pride and use IE to go over to Launch. I have trouble using Firefox on that site.

The Manics are a great band.

I didn't know they existed until 1998 when I was in Bulgaria for the Peace Corps. I got MTV Europe and they played their videos. The first song I heard was If you tolerate this, then your children will be next (and we talk about u2 having long song titles).

I liked the song and bought their CDs.

I recently ordered Forever Delayed off of Tower.com

Hey Yertle, (or anyone else who knows)

I dont think Lifeblood actually was released in the US. HLG and I cannot find it anywhere. It's not even listed on Amazon, other than import versions.

Any news or info on a US release? Let's hope this doesnt happen with the Holy Bible rerelease!

I haven't seen the Holy Bible re-release in Singapore, so I'm guessing for the moment it's a UK thing due to region codes and stuff.

I'm researching the US release thing.

you love us
ocean spray
i live to fall asleep
from despair to where

that is only after 3 full listens....time will tell volumes im sure...

Every song on Lifeblood has been good so far except maybe for "Always/Never"

Personal favourites so far: I live to fall sleep, 1985, solitude sometimes is.

and I haven't heard anything about a re-release of Holy Bible in canada. Maybe it is just a UK thing.

Back
Top Bottom