The Manic Street Preachers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yertle-the-turtle said:
Nice mix. Interesting transitions though; Of Walking Abortion --> Miss Europa? Unreal!

Also wanted to ask what everyone makes of Simon Price's 'Everything'. I read it about two years ago at the library and I liked it a lot.

Haha, yeah, that transition doesn't seem like it should work, but I love the contrast between the two songs. The Manics can really be all over the place that way, which is something I love about them. I listened to the mix a couple times (making sure it recorded okay...:wink: ), and I thought the transitions sounded good for the most part, even when it seemed like they shouldn't. And that JDB solo version of Tolerate is just wonderful--joyful, I think you'll like it!

And I'm now a couple chapters into 'Everything.' I LOVE IT. The first chapter describing their childhoods and where they grew up sucked me right into the story. I just finished the '4 REAL' chapter today, which was a bit gruesome to read. Their story and their philosophy for the band and their music is fascinating to me and is making me want to go back and listen to everything I've got of theirs. I like Simon Price's style of writing as well. It's clever and seemingly leaves out no details. I also like that the text is small and the book is long, because this is a book I'm really enjoying and I want it to last awhile. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:
And I'm now a couple chapters into 'Everything.' I LOVE IT. The first chapter describing their childhoods and where they grew up sucked me right into the story. I just finished the '4 REAL' chapter today, which was a bit gruesome to read. Their story and their philosophy for the band and their music is fascinating to me and is making me want to go back and listen to everything I've got of theirs. I like Simon Price's style of writing as well. It's clever and seemingly leaves out no details. I also like that the text is small and the book is long, because this is a book I'm really enjoying and I want it to last awhile. :up:

Yeah that's a great book, one of the best I've read about a rock band.

hey, hey, hey, bump, hey

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T24O3JVU

I uploaded this for someone on another forum, thought 1 or 2 of you may be interested so here y'are. 42 solo acoustic tracks (though a couple may be dupilicates, apologies) including, but not limited to:

4st 7lb x2
Bright Eyes
Drug Drug Druggy
Empty Souls x2
Enola/Alone (&Lost In The Supermarket)
Everything Must Go
Faster x3
Forever Delayed
I Live To Fall Asleep x3
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
Intravenous Agnostic x2
Kevin Carter