The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a surprising episode. Didnt expect Yager to quit.
It also felt sort of strange to get rid of Ortiz with only a few days left. As much as I hate the guy, it seemed like maybe Dana was just being spiteful. Then again, I guess they have another fight to hype, so it could be just business

Yeah, at the end of the day, it's all about money and promoting the next fight for corporate types. I assume they cut the "The entire point of this show is to hype a future main card fight, and you're not going to be in the fight any more so we have to rush and pull in someone else" discussion, as Tito took it far better than I thought he was going to.

Yeah, that Yager guy looked like he'd never been hit in his life.

I'm psyched for the event here in SLC, even though it's just a "UFC on Versus" event, it should be awesome to see in person.

True fact:

I once was splattered with a bit of Cro Cop's blood.

In Saitama.

We all have our stories.

I guess there are worse bodily fluids to be splattered with. Who was he fighting?

Also, anyone see the weigh ins for the fights this weekend? Chuck looks ripped. He's got a six pack now

I guess there are worse bodily fluids to be splattered with. Who was he fighting?

Also, anyone see the weigh ins for the fights this weekend? Chuck looks ripped. He's got a six pack now

He fought Fedor.

I got some of Fedor's blood on me too.

While his wife sat behind us, crying.

Good times.

Also, it was like 100 degrees Farenheit in the arena. When I asked one of my contacts there why they don't put the AC on, he said "If they keep the temperatures raised, then people will need to buy more liquids and maybe t-shirts to replace their sweaty garments.".

Oh.

That being said, it was a privilege to witness and entire Pride fighting card in Japan. This was one of Pride's last big events, and it was a pretty good one. Watching the crowd watch these matches was amazing...their knowledge of and respect for the sport was amazing. I had been to a UFC event just a few months prior to this and the difference between the crowds is staggering.

Some good fights last night, but this was my favourite thing to happen

qpih5d.jpg

rothwellhat.jpg

3356y44.jpg

I cant find a gif of the Rothwell one
made me lol

June 26th. I think this one is a payperview though, isnt it?

Edit: I was wrong about the payperview

If anyone watched the fights this last weekend, the little bio about Cort showed the gym I used to work out at. One of my friends literally lived a block or two away from there. I knew he had previously said he was "from" here, but I didn't actually think he was still living here. Pretty cool, really glad he won.

Has anyone seen the shape Lesnar is in now? Pretty incredible.

Fedor :laugh:

Well done in proving all the critics who thought you were mind-blowing overrated correct. The sad thing is, I can probably name 10 guys in the heavyweight division of the UFC that would have beat him even faster than that. Hell, with that showing, there are probably middleweights and welterweights that could kick his ass.

when i saw the fight video was only 4.5 minutes long, I assumed it was a quick knockout by Fedor. I couldnt believe it. Glad he lost though. His management has too much clout because of his record. At least he'll be able to dodge the Overeem fight again

I don't know what's funnier, the guy's face, or the other guy's celebration dance.

The LONG overdue MMA Thread a.k.a. The Thread That JT and Mofo Created So They Could Talk To Eachother in Complete Privacy About Their Strange Mutual Love of Violent Homoerotic Sport

And sometimes when they touch
The honesty's too much
And they have to close their eyes and hide
They wanna hold each other til they die
Til they both break down and cry
They wanna hold each other till the fear in them subsides

The LONG overdue MMA Thread a.k.a. The Thread That JT and Mofo Created So They Could Talk To Eachother in Complete Privacy About Their Strange Mutual Love of Violent Homoerotic Sport and GAF can visit on a regular basis and quietly play with himself in the corner

fixed

In all honesty though, your post made me lol

And sometimes when they touch
The honesty's too much
And they have to close their eyes and hide
They wanna hold each other til they die
Til they both break down and cry
They wanna hold each other till the fear in them subsides

Its so much more romantic to imagine geico caveman Dan Hill singing it himself

nm_dan_hill_090211_main.jpg

He's Canadian. how do you know it?

You're a closet Canadiana aficionado, arent you

I thought you were like 25.

And, I'm the same....I recall the oddest things with total clarity from my youth......but forget some really easy to recall shit from the here and now.

My youth and useless trivia... Unless I'm playing Trivial Pursuit. Then it is quite useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom