The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to head over to the video site and see what it looked like on TV. I got a laugh out of Koscheck's reaction when his cornerman was trying to ice his eye; pulling away and batting his hand only to have him try again 5 seconds later.
What I love about GSP is how his gameplans are so well planned and executed and he tells everyone what it was after the fight. I'm sure a lot of the fighters tailor their gameplans, but it doesnt seem to the extent that GSP and his trainers do. It's like a completely different game to them.

Since they took away the Utah fight, you have a place to stay if you ever decide to come to Toronto for a show

JT, did you tell everyone in your section to sit down so you can listen to the music watch the fight in relative peace? How selfish of them to deprive you of a pleasant experience.

Seriously, though, I know people here might think I'm a prick or something for repeating the same thing over and over, but I have to say that Montreal crowds are known for being loud and boisterous. What you experienced, the deafening cheering, is what it's going to be like during the U2 concerts, and not just at the start. I mean throughout the show. Sporting events are like that, too.

I'm glad you had a great time. I'm not an MMA guy, but I watched it to see GSP and the crowd response. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm jealous. :up:

BoMac, after the show, I told my girlfriend that I hope the Toronto fans are that loud. Montreal is an awesome crowd.

Also, have you ever seen a man's orbital bone move beneath his skin?

josheye3.gif

God Damn!

Haha, I watched that live, and nearly crapped my pants.

Did you see the fights this weekend? I loved that they had this total "douchebags of the UFC" lineup, and every single one of them lost. Diaz, Leben, Vera, Baroni, etc. Awesome.

Also, the first two rounds of the Edgar / Maynard fight were so freaking awesome. Even though I hate that it was a draw, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to made a decision if I were a judge.

I'm jealous.

Jake Shields first fight in the UFC looked pathetic, sort of a joke they're actually letting him have a championship match after that. Good chance St. Pierre will actually finish though, which will be fun to see.

I just read that Couture vs. Machida is also being rumored for that Toronto event, JT. Hopefully that happens!

Couture vs Machida is official :up:

Aldo vs Hominick for the Featherweight title is official :up:

It's gonna be an awesome card

Also, this weekend:

6.gif

I am Stoked

Holy crap, that card is going to be awesome, JT! Sheesh, I'm crazy jealous. This weekend's card will be great too! I'm really glad the UFC has sorta started to make at least some of the cards extremely stacked.

Still weird you still see cards like Penn - Fitch though, where there are next to no big fights. Poor Australia.

I used to love Silva, but I'd love to see him lose now.

I'm very conflicted on Jones vs. Bader and Griffin vs. Franklin, as I like all of them.

I definitely want Jones to win. He's one of the most exciting fighters at the moment and having him rise up the ranks will only bring good things. Bader on the other hand is a blanket. I can't stand watching the guy fight. Fuck that guy!
As for Griffin and Franklin, I'm in the same boat. I really like both of them and they both seem like really cool guys. I suppose if I had to chose one to win, I'd go with Griffin, if for no other reason than he has a longer career ahead of him and could benefit more from a win. I wont be upset if Franklin takes it though

Some great fights last night. The undercards were mostly a bore, but the main events were quite good, even if Griffin Franklin went to decision.
It was nice to see Jones' reaction to being offered a title fight. Should be an interesting match up. I like Shogun, but I'd like to see Jones take it

Yeah, I saw a post-fight interview where Anderson said he learned the kick from Steven Segal, and I assumed he was talking about someone else. :laugh:

So tickets go on sale this thursday.... I'm considering $225 seats, but it's always hard to judge how close/far you are from the octagon. With ticketbastard charges and 1/4 of the fightclub membership, that will bring it to about $295..... Am I insane for paying that much?

The fight card is fantastic, I'd pay it (then again, I've never been to a UFC event though, so I'd probably be a bit more willing to pay a decent amount because of that).

So I am officially going :up:
If you go to the UFC website, they've got a rather awesome 3d stadium seating chart. You type in the seats and it shows you what your view will look like.
We decided to go with the 200 level instead of the 100s. $175 plus service charge, plus fightclub membership. I have a feeling the view to the octagon might be better than from a lower angle that's not a whole lot closer. We had similar seats at the arena in Montreal and they were great (though, I'm a little concerned with how much further back the 200s start in a stadium as opposed to an arena).
No matter, I'm sure once we're there and the atmosphere is in full swing, it will be just fine. Maybe I'll enter some contests to see if we can get lucky with some super close seats. Probably not, but a fella can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom