The Lonely Hearts V8 Supercars 2007 Season Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Gotta love V8 Supercars!

Welcome to the V8 Supercars 07 Thread, I have a feeling this may be a very slow moving thread, but we'll see how we go. The season starts this coming weekend, at the Clipsal 500, which has I think been dramatically moved forward for some unknown reason.

I'm a Holden boy through and through, so here's hoping General Motors are back on top again this season.

Let the festivites begin!

COBL_04 said:
^ :mad: Grr

Apparently if we don't sort out our current issues both HRT and HSVDT won't be racing after Clipsal.

That's right.....Skaife has to prove that both teams are racing and being managed seperately. If they had pissed off Walkinshaw back to England when he went broke, they would not have had the controversy because of the tactics they used last year, they would'nt have this problem now
:shrug:
cheetah-kelly.jpg

0 round wins
0 dignity

Anyhooo................enough.....lets have a look at the new paint job on Lowndsy's car!!!!!
teamvodafone.jpg

WOAH!!! That's so cool! Did you check my profile?

July 18...what a great day.

Hilarious picture of Rick Kelly by the way. :wink: No, seriously.

COBL_04 said:
WOAH!!! That's so cool! Did you check my profile?

July 18...what a great day.

Hilarious picture of Rick Kelly by the way. :wink: No, seriously.

:shifty:

Of course....July 18:rockon:

I got more.........hubby is a Ford Forum junkie! so we get lots.......Love V8 season!!!!

Who said this thread was going to be quiet!!!!! You wait to the races........hope you have thick skin!!!!!

:mad:

:wink:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

TODD KELLY YOU ARE A STAR!!!!

Where was Lowndesy, huh? :wink:

1. Todd Kelly HOLDEN!
2. James Courtney FORD - a very good drive. Looks much better this year.
3. Jamie Whincup FORD

Shame for Holdsworth, he was looking great.

Oh come on... it was only a racing incident! It's not like Rick rammed into him.. Lowndes didn't give Kelly enough room and Kelly would ahve had to have gnoe on the grass to avoid him.

[/potstirring]

How did I miss this thread? Coupla folks I know were driving in the Formula Fords, including Samantha Reid (she's gonna be a star, she's that fucking good) and Asher Johnson (who had a bit of a bummer this w/end unfortunately).

Nice way to spend the arvo on the couch.

*honda girl through and through* :D

Ah, jesus, woman! I have a problem with the following:
the people who drive them
the people who drive them who have p-plates clearly hidden behind the number plate
i have a problem with the ad [cue tinny 2-stroke lawnmower soundeffect!]
i have a problem with the shittacular design, sound, style, and lack of class of them!
i have a problem with the import factor
i have a problem with the notion that they have cornered airbags and safety features as standard! i drive a kia (for gods sake, lol) and IT has curtain airbags as standard (about 6 or something in total), some brake thing, it's ultra reliable, fuel efficient (for a v6 it's actually superb), and on and on. plus it came with a 6 year warranty!! and i don't even really endorse kias! i like fords. well, v8s are about the only thing i can get passionate about. holden to hate, and ford to salivate over.
:wink:

i hate HATE hondas!
:reject:

Last edited:
Craig Lowndes, pre-season: "The new VE's are going to take until at least the second round to show anything. Holden are under pressure."

Race One
1. Tander
2. R. Kelly
3. Skaife
4. Eggonface

'Nuff said.

Take sunblock. And hat. And insect repellant.

:voiceofexperiencetalking: :mad:

Actually I love Winton, it's a great track and you actually get to see the whole fucking track, unlike some. Oh and take a brolly too, it is Victoria :wink:

Oh really? That's awesome. That's the only sucky thing about going to Bathurst and Sandown, you can only see one part of the track.

Yeah Dad booked a camp site today, there's heaps of us going! It may turn out to be a weekend of intoxication and inebriation :wink:

A brolly is a hat, yer? :reject:

COBL_04 said:
Oh really? That's awesome. That's the only sucky thing about going to Bathurst and Sandown, you can only see one part of the track.
They'll prob put up some grandstands for the V8s (cos there's nothing there usually) but you'll get to see the whole thing, if you're near the one and only kiosk that's a great view into turn 1 and 2. :mayhem: :drool:

Try to go there when the Victorian state racing championships on if you can, you can wander all over and it's only usually about 10 bucks to get in. Good fun.

Yeah Dad booked a camp site today, there's heaps of us going! It may turn out to be a weekend of intoxication and inebriation :wink:

Now aren't you a bit young for that???:shame:
:D

A brolly is a hat, yer? :reject:
Brolly = umbrella :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

They'll prob put up some grandstands for the V8s (cos there's nothing there usually) but you'll get to see the whole thing, if you're near the one and only kiosk that's a great view into turn 1 and 2. :mayhem: :drool:

Try to go there when the Victorian state racing championships on if you can, you can wander all over and it's only usually about 10 bucks to get in. Good fun.

:drool: Can't wait....

Now aren't you a bit young for that???:shame:
:D

Well I never said I was going to join in... :wink: Passive drinking.

Brolly = umbrella :wink:

:lol: Cheers! I thought it was one of those hats wiht the strings anhd corks... :reject:

fly so high! said:

So COBL....... did you have fun at the Go-Karts?......that's not a real race track:rolleyes:

Well it may only be a go-kart track... but Holden are still going to eclipse Ford. The way I see it, 1-4 will consist of Rick and Todd, Skaifey and Tander, there might be a DJR in the top 10 somewhere...

Originally posted by fly so high!

God made shit.............Holden made it move :d

Ahhahahahahhahhaha....

No.
:lol:

Have you never heard of FORD.... Found on Rubbinh Dumps?

Originally posted by fly so high!

Nooooooo! Eastern creek is alright..............it's Bathurst hands down!!! :yawn:

That I'll agree with. :up:

Provided things go right at school, I'll be going there for my fourth time! We've gotta make up for Lowndes last year...

Back
Top Bottom