The Lonely Hearts V8 Supercars 2007 Season Thread! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 AM   #61
45:33

Local Time: 03:33 AM

I should go to bed earlier cos I only have one day of the week to sleep in. But I can't fall asleep at 10 or earlier.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Something for you Holden fans.....put these in your album!

Now this is the best looking Holden I have ever seen

My hubby after Skaife forgot to use his clutch on the mountain - Bathurst 2006

Old 07-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #63

Haha, that top picture was pretty good actually. I'll pay that.

And that was a horrible moment. The race just starts, I"m with a bunch of Holden blokes. We are mixed with Ford blokes. All of sudden, Skaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaifeeeee's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible moment. They should have let Garthy start. Boo.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #64

Ah well. Let's hope we can regroup for Bathurst. With Skaifey back we should be better...

There were some good performances at Sandown. Simonsen/Lyons in the second Vodaphone car, Bargwanna/Denyer in the WPS car, before they went, Dumbrell and Weel in the Super Cheap Car, Todd Kelly was outstanding given his condition. Bowe, just outside the top ten. Unfortunately when Lowndes took that lead it just seemed that even if the gap was half a second he was completey in control.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #65
Vocal parasite

What date is Bathurst? I'm usually too busy these days and don't follow anything outside of rugby and cricket all too much. But I always look forward to Bathurst in a big way.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #66

Bathurst is not this weekend, but the weekend after.

It's such an awesome race.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

Fuck. I was hoping it'd be later. This weekend and the subsequent two weekends, I'll likely be writing essays. Oh well, I'll make it work.

It just has to be during the Rugby World Cup too, doesn't it? Hopefully I won't be so buggered after staying up late for an All Blacks game that I'll miss the minor races that precede the main race. Those are sometimes my favourite part of the day.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 AM   #68

Really? The main purpose they serve is simply to fill in time, no one really cares too much about them. In post cases I've seen them just as something to watch while thousands of people stand on the hill sobering up from a loooong Saturday night.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

See, I enjoy the variety - and I enjoyed it even more when I regularly followed the V8s. Seeing cars going around that you don't normally get to see always struck me as pretty cool. Plus, because they're such short sprint races, I find they're pretty damn entertaining on that merit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #70

Fair enough. I can understand watching the Fujitsu series, as that's basically the reserves, and sometimes the Carerra cup, but all the others I don't care about. Don't know the drivers. It's like the AFL and VFL - I live on AFL, really couldn't care about the VFL. I'm a huge Geelong fan, and they won the VFL Grand Final today and I barely cared. I mean it's good but not that great.

Are you Ford or Holden? Cos at the moment I'm outnumbered 3-1.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #71
Refugee

Why,hello young Daniel
Old 09-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #72
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Are you Ford or Holden? Cos at the moment I'm outnumbered 3-1.
Well, put it this way: on my first post, I nearly included "PS Fuck Holden", but I figured that I need to tone down my language a little.

That said, if I like a driver, I couldn't care less what they drive. Lowndes was one of my favourites even when he was with Holden, and who doesn't love Brock?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #73
Refugee

Yes, there is no denying a legend.

How are you Axver? I've been meaning to find out how the competitions has been going......i did not have anytime to listen to anything, just got back on the forums........been extremely busy, you could say, of late!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #74
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!
How are you Axver? I've been meaning to find out how the competitions has been going......i did not have anytime to listen to anything, just got back on the forums........been extremely busy, you could say, of late!
I'm doing pretty well, but also busy, mainly thanks to uni. The Rugby World Cup isn't helping. The current mini-Desert Island is going pretty nicely, has some of the best tracklists I think. It's my favourite so far, very consistent quality.

Good to see you around - when I saw you listed as the last poster on this thread, I thought "hey, it's been a bit of a while since I've seen you post much!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally posted by Fly So High!
Why,hello young Daniel
Hey! how are you going?? I've missed this thread.

Ps what was your name again? I dont think I ever caught it. Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Well, put it this way: on my first post, I nearly included "PS Fuck Holden", but I figured that I need to tone down my language a little.

That said, if I like a driver, I couldn't care less what they drive. Lowndes was one of my favourites even when he was with Holden, and who doesn't love Brock?
So we've got a drifter in the midst...

Nah I agree with that but even if they are good, I will still tend to hate them.

Ambrose, for example.

Brock, absolute legend, but the one time I met him (his comeback in 04 I think it was) he was a prick lol. Everyone says he had heaps of time for his fans but he didn't that day. It's been a year since his death!

I was meant to come back earlier and say that I got Dad the best birthday present ever: Six DVD Box Set of Bathurst Highlights from earlyt 60s to like 02.