The lonely annual AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
The ladder as of this evening:

Kangaroos 12
Brisbane Lions 12
St Kilda 8
Port Adelaide 8
Sydney Swans 8
Hawthorn 4
Fremantle 4
Melbourne 4

Where the heck did Freo come from? :laugh:
Early days though. I actually stopped watching the Sydney game at half time when it was 45-47. I have so little faith. :sigh:

Sydney Swans 10. 13. (73) def. Geelong 10. 7. (67)

cheer, cheer the red and the white....

cool another swans fan.....

i went to essendon-west coast match on satday night, absolutely stunning.....

lets hope the sad saints arent as good as they turn out to be and Eddie McCollingwood's team finishes last...

intedomine said:
and Eddie McCollingwood's team finishes last...

hey hey, settle down!! :)

just becuase we hold the record for loosing 3 grand finals in a row ...but we hold it 2 times over already :lol:

so prehaps another Brisbane V Collingwood Grand Final is likely again this year? GO PIES!!

early days yet but my top 8 for this year:
1- Brisbane
2 -Port Adeliade
3- Kangaroos
4- Sydney
5- Collingwood
6- St.Kilda
7- West Coast
8- Fremantle
with Richmond finishing in there usuraly position of 9th....bottom 8 champions :)

collingwood may be heading for the bottom 8 this year....after watching them play yesterday. prehpas wrong year to buy an 18 game membership ;)

i think sydney might be able to go one step further this year... a Swans V Saints GF :)...anyone but brisbane this year

Last edited:
Haha that'd be funny, our cousins are big Saints fans. That kind of final could do damage to our relationship with them :D
I think Roos really has it this year. We might not make the finals, but he's found his form.

Dont write your Pies off just yet bm!

oh dont worry i think the swans will be in the finals.
i have written the pies of yet....but here next 3 weeks

Vs Essnedon on anzac day
Vs Port Adeliade in Adeliade :yikes:
Vs Carlton on the rebound

without buckley and tarrant on sunday we played like chickens with our heads cut off, thats gota change, bucks wont be around forever...plus were suffering with injuries at the moment, which we havent had for a few years.

i might be heading up to the Sydney match at Tesltra stadium this year...$125 not bad with accomodation, tickets to the game...really good deal!

im not looking forward to us v melbourne on anzac day. partly because i will forget the importance of the day for 2 hours while i have angina watching it. lol.

i'd like to wish you luck at telstra, and if it was any other team i would! :D
should be a good game though. you have 3 tough ones, but i reckon you can knock carlton off even without buckley.

i cant stand st kilda...i have never ever known such an utterly pathetic bunch of supporters.......get a real team!.....ponsy tossers

ever looked closely at the bulldogs crowd?
there's some losers for you!

they're all on day release or something.

actually, no the team itself is worse.

after last nights match....i think Richmond supporters are the worst...

i cant belive melbourne got up!!....prehpas bono will play drums on the next tour? :) lets hope this is the week for upsets...for a collingwood fans point of view :wink:

argh that game was a right off. essendon played well, and they deserved the win. but sometimes i do wonder what drugs these umpires are on.
:sigh:

right off??? :lol: i meant write off. geez my typing just gets worse every day.
:tsk:

you know bm, i'd almost believe there is some reason like that behind it. not saying it's likely, but for instance, one goal was paid in the sydney/essendon match when CLEARLY one of the sydney forwards got a hand on it!! honestly, it is blatant shit like that which pisses me off no end. there was a contentious 50 paid as well which was nothing but a steaming pile of bullshit. in defence of essendon, it wasn't all one sided. the umpiring was just shocking.

:mad:

I am really hoping that Brisbane can make it 4 in a row, I am going to a few games this year at the Gabba- a friend has a season pass and I told him that I would go to any night games with him, there is nothing like being at the Gabba for a night game or being there as a balmy night hits at the last stage of a one day cricket match...............

the gabba:drool:
Brisbane Lions:drool:
Queensland:drool:

although, dont bother talking to me about 'no neck' rugby league or union- I cant stand those sports:mad:

Brisbane oh dont get me started on them! :rant:
(p.s i'm a collingwood supporter :wink:)

i think we do need 2 umpires at either end ...as well as some unbiased field umpies!

Yeah also in the Essendon Sydney game, Llyod clearley threw it to his teamate, and they got a goal.....somethings gotta be done...i know its proberbely hard on the umpires at that very moment, becuse they dont see what people at home get to....but somethings gotta be done

car'n the pies!!...were up against the second best team in the league (yes i know the saints are on top, but IMO brisbane are better, oh god that hurt)

even the last couple of years have anything to show...teams who play in Perth the previous week usuraly loose there next match...and we need anything we can get...

my tips for this week: (winners in bold)
Adeliade Vs Essendon
Richmond Vs Western Bulldogs
West Coast Vs Sydney (sorry Angela, hope the swanies play better ...i want them to win, just dont think they will)
Brisbane Vs Carlton (i dont think brisbane will go home at Quater Time ala Collingwood)
St.Killda Vs Collingwood (i have my reasons ;) )
Hawthorn Vs Freo - hawks have a good record down there in Tassie.
Geelong Vs Melbourne
Kangeroos Vs Port Adeliade.

as mentioned on the footy show tonight....someone wrote a letter in an explained why the Power lost last week.
they mentioned finals and got scared :lmao:

I am so not looking forward to this weekend's game. Last weekend was just plain embarrassing.

My picks:
Adelaide Vs Essendon *Adelaide, but it will be tough
Richmond Vs Western Bulldogs *Richmond. But I am hopelessly biased against the Dogs
West Coast Vs Sydney *sanity says the WEagles, but I hope we win
Brisbane Vs Carlton *Brissie
St.Kilda Vs Collingwood *Saints, sorry b_m ;)
Hawthorn Vs Freo *I'm going Freo on this one
Geelong Vs Melbourne *Geelong
Kangeroos Vs Port Adeliade *Tricky, I hope Port, but I pick the Roos

Dear Umpires,

Please do not put money on the opposition team when umpriing a collingwood game!

looking throught he footy record i think we had umpire Head in the game....use your imagination with that one ;)
I was at the Saints Game.....and Fraiser Gerig of St.Killda almost got into a fight with some bloke in the crowd.
the cheer squad were giving him shit...but geeez it happens to everyone...
also at one stage when he took a mark...he looked at the bloke and lifted nooded to the crowd...then kicked it out on the full.....ahh and chants of "gerigs a wanker"
ah it was good being there.......Saints should get fined though right?...they had an extra man on the field for a whlie there....oh yeah but he wanst supposed to be there :)

forgot to add...

do you see what trouble Rex Hunt Got in...i think he'll be going a little more carefully from now on....still love his commentary though

woooohoooo Collingwood had a win...it was a shocking match...and the only victorian collingwood game i havent been able to go to this year....oh well.....go pies!! :)

St Kilda 36
Melbourne 28
Brisbane Lions 24
Port Adelaide 24
Fremantle 24
Essendon 24
Geelong 20
Sydney Swans 16

Great.
We're playing the dogs this week. Bunch of crims.
:angry:

Back
Top Bottom