The lonely annual AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Port stormed through with something like a 40 point lead, but im not sure and dont know the actual score.

Brisbane did not deserve to win that. I'm glad they didnt.

:ohmy:

Lawks! If that's the case, then yeah, they didn't deserve to win it!

I was outside the 'G for most of the afternoon [as in, on the other side of the Yarra], and I was actually quite surprised at how quiet the crowd was.

I've been out and about in Melbourne on Grand Final day before [admittedly, not so much for football, as for pub crawling :D] and I've never been that close to the MCG before and not heard a lot of crowd cheering.

It was most strange.

I dunno, I would have thought that even the Victorian's who'd grabbed themselves a ticket would have picked a team to cheer on! [but maybe that's just me!]

The year I went on the crawl was just... yeah. I was invited along to the annual Punk Pub Crawl which is held every Grand Final day [and there's punks from all over Australia. It's madness] and there were a couple of cops assigned to go around with us all day and they actually said they'd rather be going around the city with us than over at the 'G keeping two packs of rabid fans apart!

Renne said:
So. Er... what was the actual score?

I don't think I caught it.

had to pop over to the AFL website....
final score (if your Axver Look away now)

Port Adelaide 17. 11. (113) def. Brisbane Lions 10. 13. (73)

Spewing.......what on earth happened to the Lions in that third quarter? and then in the final quarter they just gave up. They played just like Collingwood did last year. It was a sad sight to see such a great team loose by such a big margin....

I can't believe that when I tuned in, Brisbane were six points in front. Talk about blowing it in a big way.

Back
Top Bottom