(The London) Suede

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Anybody else like these guys? I only have a couple of mp3s by them (Metal Mickey, the Drowners, Animal Nitrate, The Wild Ones, a cover of Across The Universe, She's In Fashion, and Beautiful Ones) but I quite like what I've heard so far.

I got some of their CDs amongst all of the CDs I received for my birthday inj March...but...yeah...because of such a high volume of CDs received, I have yet to listen to any of theirs yett. :reject:

I'll give them a listen soon!!!

Their 2 best were the selftitled debut record in '93 and Dog Man Star in '94. Those records were made w/ their original guitar player, Bernard Butler. He was also co-writer on most of the music for those 2. After he left the singer was free to let his ego explode and their music suffered. Coming Up released in '96 is good, but the last 2, Head Music and Morning Star are poor. Bernard Butler put out 2 solo records, People Move on in '98 and Friends & Lovers in '00. I think Bernard is better solo than Suede w/o him. His solo records have real shining moments and his guitar playing is Fing amazing.

I passed up the chance to see Suede live this year. I think it's something I may regret doing, because I wasn't impressed with 'Obsessions' at all (although 'Positivity' had its moments). They're not doing well in the UK at the moment, in all likelihood they're going to split soon.

My favourite Suede tune is 'Beautiful Ones', despite the fact Butler isn't on it...the hooks are so perfect on it.

Back
Top Bottom