The Legacy of Elvis Presley.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RebelJamesDean

Babyface
So I was browsing through the B&C Band Index, and no thread has been started on ELVIS THE KING OF ROCK 'N F*CKIN' ROLL PRESLEY!! I was SHOCKED!

Anywho, I :heart: ELVIS PRESLEY! LOVE THIS MAN TO DEATH. I was introduce to Elvis since a baby thanks to my mom. I have been an Elvis fan ever since. Recently I was helping my 11 year old nephew with his report on Elvis Presley. He chose Elvis all on his own. He loves his music. [Ok so I have a major influence on this kid who also loves: U2, Pearl Jam, Lennon, Oldies, Queen, Marley.. et et] :wink:

So it got me thinking, will Elvis Legacy ever die? It has been 28 years since Elvis' death, however, Elvis Presley's popularity shows no signs of fading. Everywhere I go there's something about Elvis. How many more music compilations can they continue to make? I mean it's really an amazing thing. Elvis transcends color barriers and language barriers. My mom for example did not know English when she introduce me to Elvis, yet she knew his songs and watched his movies.

What is it about Elvis that has so many people fascinated with his legacy? It's no secret that many artist have been influenced by Elvis in some way or another. Elvis to me will forever be an icon. To me he is the man responsible for creating America's pop culture in the first place. It amazes me that Elvis brings in new fans with each generation.

Anyway, what are your feelings/opinions/ on THE KING? DISCUSS..........

wp_17.jpg

don't be a drama queen.

I’m not trying to be. I’m just posting what I feel/sense.

we'll drop it immediately.

cheers to elvis!

You can do whatever you want. I can’t control where or what you post. If this thread turns into a free for all/mess around/smart ass/get your post count to 10,000, then what can I do? It is what it is. It’s not that I don’t have a sense of humor, I do, I’m just not into this whole cliché thing I see a lot at interference. That’s all. I’m not trying to be a bitch either but...hmm maybe I am? Who the hell knows.

i was going along with the spirit of your thread.

cheers to elvis presley the musician is what i meant.

so let's move along now, ok?

1stepcloser said:
He's done some great songs.

:yes:

I think Elvis will be remembered for at least as long as The Beatles are. I think Elvis is on a par with The Beatles in terms of his 'legendary status', if you know what I mean.

Bono's shades said:
I saw this on the back of someone's T-shirt once:

"Before Elvis, there was nothing."

- John Lennon

:heart: Elvis :heart:

Before Elvis, there was Chuck Berry. Don't get me wrong, I'm an Elvis fan; the man had talent and had amazing songs, but to say that he started it all is a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom