the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were clearly the better team, but these matches are always close. The boys deserved it :yes:

Yep, I'd especially like to avoid Barcelona.

Arsenal could do what Liverpool did last year, play crappy in the national league and win the CL. :D

:(

I know this is not about English football but this deserves to be mentioned. How sad.

[q]Los Angeles Galaxy manager dies in Costa Rica

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (Reuters) - The president and general manager of U.S. Major League Soccer club Los Angeles Galaxy has died while on a flight back from a match in Costa Rica, local emergency services said.

Doug Hamilton, in his mid-forties, suffered what appeared to be a heart attack shortly after take-off from San Jose with Taca airlines late on Thursday, and died before the airplane could land again, local Red Cross spokesman Omar Piedra said.

"The airplane took off and the gentleman suffered a heart problem. They went back to the airport but he was already dead, there was nothing they could do," Piedra said.

Hamilton was on his way home after Galaxy played Costa Rican team Saprissa in the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions Cup quarter-final on Wednesday. Saprissa won the game 3-2. [/q]

Juve had big problems getting through the last round, didn't they?

We'll beat them :drool:

U2Man said:
Juve had big problems getting through the last round, didn't they?

We'll beat them :drool:

well they had problems, but Arsenal only scored 1 goal over their 2 legs & RM aren't known for defense so i wonder if Arsenal can score enough against Juve.

i think i want barca to win it now, just cause of the way they play:drool:

and they beat chelsea:wink:

The eliminations of Manchester earlier, Chelsea and Liverpool are very good for the team of England.
Chelsea players are in holidays (Cole, Terry, Lampard, etc...), Liverpool (Gerrard, Carragher,....) and Man U (Rooney,...) players only have the league to play, Beckham too.... Great for you :yes:
Players will be in top form for the World Cup.

guill said:
The eliminations of Manchester earlier, Chelsea and Liverpool are very good for the team of England.
Chelsea players are in holidays (Cole, Terry, Lampard, etc...), Liverpool (Gerrard, Carragher,....) and Man U (Rooney,...) players only have the league to play, Beckham too.... Great for you :yes:
Players will be in top form for the World Cup.

interesting point :hmm:

i still think Arsenal will get the 4th spot eventually. if they finish outside of the top 4 it will be a footballing and financial disaster. i think the thought of that will spur them on to a strong season finish.

Or they could just win the Champions League :wink:

1stepcloser said:
i still think Arsenal will get the 4th spot eventually. if they finish outside of the top 4 it will be a footballing and financial disaster. i think the thought of that will spur them on to a strong season finish.

Or they could just win the Champions League :wink:

Could you imagine if Arsenal did win the Champions league and Spurs finished 4th? Spurs would then have to go into UEFA cup. Oh that would be good!

Henry :rockon:

It didn't hurt that on a local scale here:

Brøndby IF:rockon: - FC Copenhagen: 3-0

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Great weekend :drool:

Back
Top Bottom