the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4-2 again would be nice:drool: we should win :yes:

babyman said:

Usa is surely a hard team, the last championship they really played well......................but if Italy wants to go ahead, we cannot fear Usa, with all the respects! so, in the end, i think that...........................................

we gonna eat their flesh!! :evil:

:wink:

they were ok last time but they are awful against european sides in europe:wink:

1stepcloser said:
Should be a good game tonight. I'm thinking it's going to be a draw, 1-1 probably. My brother reckons 2-2.

was thinking the same thing. 2-2 most likely.

well it ended basically how i thought it would but i figured with rooney/rvn/henry that someone would be able to scrape out a goal or two.....v disappointing. :|

oh well..at least both teams dropped points. :D

Sweet Tart said:

:hug:

ok, here's what i want to happen the rest of the year

1. wigan beat arsenal in lge cup...we beat them in the final
2. we win fa cup
3. barcelona destroy chelsea in the cleague & then get destroyed themselves in the next round :evil:
4 england win world cup, beating brazil in the final <---this is the most important:wink:

the rockin edge said:

ok, here's what i want to happen the rest of the year

4 england win world cup, beating brazil in the final <---this is the most important:wink:

:rockon:

we've got the players.....

I want that to happen obviously, and i also want this to happen:

1. Villa to win the FA cup
2. Villa to finish in a respectable top half position
3. Birmingham city, west ham and newcastle to get relegated
4. Villa to sign Ronaldinho in the january transfer window

Number 2 is really the only one with a realistic chance of happening but i can dream!

the rockin edge said:
:lol:

you don't want west brom going down?

i love the world cup cause then all the arsenal/chelsea/man utd etc fans stop hating each other and back the country :up:

wouldn't mind west brom going down, but their real rivals are Wolves. Just like our proper rivals are blues.

a good point u make about the world cup too :up:

i love the world cup :drool:

Football rules :rockon:

after the last world cup it took me half the season to get into the league again, it seemed so trivial compared to the wc.

the world cup is without doubt the biggest sporting competition in the world. :rockon:

Of course it is. it happens and the world stands up and takes notice.

Euphoria will break out over here if England really do win it. The Ashes and the Rugby world cup triumphs will be absolutely miniscule compared to if we won the world cup :drool:

the rockin edge said:

i love the world cup cause then all the arsenal/chelsea/man utd etc fans stop hating each other and back the country :up:

yeah, rock, this is infact the right spirit of football!.........................Even make one applause to Ac Milan's players when they play for Italy................................But you don't know how much weariness it costs.................tough things of life

:(

We don't need a team of scientists to tell us footy is the most exiting sport :wink:

Other sports don't come close.

Liverpools champions league final for example :drool:

wish i could watch it but they aren't showing any of the FA cup games here. well at least not this round. :(

Sweet Tart said:

:ohmy:

that's insane! where are you from????

from bedford, eng. moved to the us 7 years ago, we don't have cable & even if we did hardly anything would be on :sigh:

i listen to anything i can on 5live on the net but prem games aren't broadcast there :rant:

*slaps head* oh wait, i just remembered, i watched utd draw 0-0 with liverpool in the league this last sept when i was in glasgow :wink:

1stepcloser said:

When was the last time you went to Old Trafford? :wink:

i was there in 2002, never been to a game though :( biggest football match i've been to was Ipswich vs Tranmere 9 or 10 years ago...good game:wink:

Back
Top Bottom