the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Believe it or not, he's the host of the Champions League TV program in Denmark. Best paid TV host of all here.

Really? Wow, would have never imagined it, I was almost more than sure that he became something like juniores manager of Broendby, Lyngby, Fc Copenhagen............................
Better to be a TV Star..........:wink:

clock.gif

Robben is a disgrace. i hate divers. so theatrical. Remember at the last World Cup when Rivaldo got hit in the knee by the ball and he went down like he'd been shot clutching his face :madspit:

robben definately played it up but there was no need for reina to shove him in the face. he was the one that clattered gudjohnsen to begin with...what he was thinking i have no idea

the rockin edge said:

that was one of the most disgraceful things i have ever seen :down: :down:

He's one of the great Brazilian players of this generation and he went and tarnished his reputation by doing that.

However, he has won the World Cup and i haven't so i don't think he really gives a shit what some guy on a U2 internet forum thinks about him lol

1stepcloser said:
Of course it is. it happens and the world stands up and takes notice.

Euphoria will break out over here if England really do win it. The Ashes and the Rugby world cup triumphs will be absolutely miniscule compared to if we won the world cup :drool:

Keep dreaming. Its not going to happen.

Celticfc said:

Keep dreaming. Its not going to happen.

We have every chance of winning it. Our defence in particular is exceptional, especially compared to some other teams *cough*Brazil*cough*....

1stepcloser said:

We have every chance of winning it. Our defence in particular is exceptional, especially compared to some other teams *cough*Brazil*cough*....

Every team has a every chance of winning.
Now Im not talking about you but the arrogance of the english press and english fans in general is that they think they have a divine right to win it.
The tabloids are completely over the top when it comes to England in the World Cup.

No team has a divine right to win the world cup. i can understand the press getting excited about the current England team however because it's our best for years. i mean compare our midfield to the '98 world cup. now it's beckham, lampard, gerrard and joe cole. then it was darren anderton, david batty, paul ince and beckham. it's a massive improvement. although i do agree some tabloids do go over the top sometimes.

Owen and Shearer were wonderful individual players but they couldn't really play together. Owen and Rooney seem to have a better bond. Although i've got a feeling Rooney will be totally marked out of each match :(

1stepcloser said:
Owen and Shearer were wonderful individual players but they couldn't really play together. Owen and Rooney seem to have a better bond. Although i've got a feeling Rooney will be totally marked out of each match :(

i dunno about that, he wasn't marked out of the games in Euro 2004

but even if he is marked well, all it takes is one defensive error and a few touches and he scores

babyman said:
^Cassano has ruined himself, he should have remained in Italy, Juventus would be the right team for his talent

Capello was bored of Antonio. But he was the only one able to manage him, so....

Back
Top Bottom