The Lake of Minnetonka is Pure No More... Prince would be so dissapointed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
The Lake of Minnetonka is Pure No More... Price would be so dissapointed.

Minnesota Vikings players are being investigated in connection with a lake cruise that turned into a wild sex party last week on Lake Minnetonka. The party became so out of control that crew members on the two yachts were offered money for sex and feared for their safety, law enforcement authorities and an attorney for the cruise company said Tuesday.

Head coach Mike Tice told reporters today that he's not happy about the allegations, while refusing to comment or confirm any details.

"I fashion these young men as an extension of my family," Tice said. "So as a father and a family man, you can probably sense how I feel."

The accusations come on the heels of a two-day retreat in which a code of conduct was at the forefront, the team is "on the same page" when it comes to standards for player conduct. He said he had discussed the allegations with team owner Zygi Wilf this morning.

"Incidents like these can either blow a team apart or pull a team together. It's my job to pull the team together," Tice said. "Obviously, our job is to get ready for Chicago and allegations like these don't make it any simpler."

Tice also said he has struggled with disciplinary measures in the past. "There have been instances in the past where I feel like my hands have been tied by contracts or union guidelines," he said. But he reminded reporters that the allegations were as yet unproven.

Tice said nothing specific about how many players were involved in the cruise, or who they were.

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper also would not comment on the allegations today.

"If you're not going to ask me a question about the Chicago Bears, then don't ask," Culpepper told reporters at Winter Park. "Playing in the NFL is tough enough without any distractions."

The Vikings are tied with the Bears for second place in the NFC North. The teams play Sunday at Soldier Field.

The excursion Thursday on two yachts owned by Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises in Mound was organized by first-year Vikings safety Fred Smoot and possibly two other players, according to Stephen Doyle, the company's attorney.

At least 17 Vikings players have been identified as being on the yachts, he said. It was unclear how many were involved in sex-related activities.

At least 90 people were on the two yachts. The boats were ordered to return to shore just 40 minutes into what had been planned as a 3½-hour cruise after supervisors learned of the alleged behavior.

The crew members, including one who was 18, were "petrified" for their safety, Doyle said.

"The behavior was terrible," he said. "Vikings were absolutely participating. This was not a passive event for them. It was outrageous."

The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case, after the boat company notified authorities about the players' alleged behavior.

No arrests have been made, and no charges have been filed.

The incident took place during the team's bye week; the Vikings didn't play Sunday.

Late Tuesday, Vikings officials issued a statement: "The organization has been made aware of the allegations involving our players and we take these allegations very seriously. We are working diligently to gather as many facts as possible. At this time, we have no further comment."

Attempts to reach Smoot and his agent were unsuccessful.

Doyle said behavior on the cruise included oral sex, masturbation and playing with sex toys.

A source with direct knowledge of the case said Tuesday that accounts of Vikings players having public sex on at least one of the boats matched with what witnesses had reported.

The source said that it appeared that the sex acts took place between consenting adults and that no felony-level crimes had been committed. The source said that it was likely that misdemeanor charges involving lewd behavior could be filed against some players within a week.

The investigation comes as the Vikings' new owner, Zygi Wilf, was hosting a two-day retreat at Oak Ridge Conference Center in Chaska in part to establish a vision of how the team will operate under the new ownership group

Wilf, made aware of the investigation late Tuesday, kept his plans to fly back to New Jersey and declined to be interviewed through a spokesman.

The Vikings also are lobbying for the Legislature to hold a special session to talk about building a new stadium.

But at a DFL Senate caucus Tuesday, Majority Leader Dean Johnson suggested that the team had hurt its chances with its poor record this season and the sex-party accusations.

"It's difficult enough to move ahead on stadiums and professional sports teams. I would suggest that the Minnesota Vikings not only have a better record on the playing field but after hours set a better role model for the people of Minnesota and our youngsters," said Johnson, DFL-Willmar.

Doyle said that before the excursion, Smoot came to the charter company in person to work out details for the party and put money down for one of the boats. Someone else paid for the other boat.

Smoot, a highly sought-after free agent who signed a six-year contract worth $34 million in March, discussed party logistics with company employees, Doyle said.

The staff was excited about hosting the party and put floating purple balloons in the boats, he said. Alcoholic drinks and hors d'oeuvres were part of the fare for the guests, he said.

The party was initially designed to fulfill what is an annual obligation by a first-year player to throw a social event for any players and any friends and family members who want to attend, Doyle said. The cruise was to end at midnight.

Doyle declined to identify any of the players who boarded the boats.

Almost immediately after boarding, crew members noticed partially disrobed women walking around, he said. One employee opened a galley and three nude women popped out, he said.

Then the crew -- about five people on each boat -- saw women giving lap dances for money.

"Players were approaching the wait staff telling them they would be tipped if they danced," Doyle said.

The players started to become more aggressive, wanting to pour their own drinks and screaming at the bartenders, he said. Naked woman walked around without hesitation. They performed oral sex in the open, he said. Sex toys were strewn about, he said.

At some point, the yacht captains called each other to see whether similar activity was happening on both vessels. It was, Doyle said, recalling what he called eye-popping conversations he had with crew members.

"They [the captains] had to step around people who were having sex on the floor," he said. "They were thinking it couldn't be safe out in the middle of the lake. It was a petrifying scene."

A woman working as a hostess on one of the boats called Mound police about 7:30 that night to report possible prostitution, drugs and sex acts, according to police.

The boats had been cruising only for 40 minutes when the supervisors on shore were told of the party and ordered the captains to return.

When they got to shore, some women asked if they had stopped to switch boats, Doyle said. The guests departed in their limos without incident.

Prior to boarding, at least one group in a limo urinated on Cathy Hough's lawn in Mound, according to Hough and police. She said she confronted the men. "I said, 'Excuse me, do you mind?' And they looked at me as if I was crazy," Hough said Tuesday. "One of them said, "It's only water, ma'am,' and he continued peeing. I said no, it's not."

She followed the limo to Al & Alma's, where the men got on board, and she reported the incident to police.

It is no longer under investigation because Hough could give only vague descriptions, said Mound Police Chief Jim Kurtz.

Doyle said Al & Alma's is a longtime family business that would never have allowed such behavior to take place on their boats. Doyle, contacted by Al & Alma's on Monday, said he was concerned that detectives hinted to him that the captains didn't have control and didn't act quickly enough.

The Sheriff's Office said it is investigating a report of alleged criminal conduct on the yachts. Sgt. Haans Vitek wouldn't say whether Vikings were involved. "It was a stag-party atmosphere on the boat with allegations of strippers and sexual conduct," he said. "We're still trying to sort things out at this time."

Said Doyle: "The staffers were really shook up. It sounded as if they were fending off people. It was just a scene."

Last edited:
my guess is Mike Price

i dont know why he would be disappointed though

They must have removed the "n" from your keyboard like Clinton's staff removed all the "w"s from the White House computer keyboards before vacating.:wink:

i wonder if you can buy tickets to the vikings sex cruise? :hmm:

it would be a great way to raise money for the building of a new stadium...

think of it... they could sell tickets to vikings sex cruises for $50 bucks a pop. and the best part about it is if a particular date is sold out, mike tice will scalp one to ya for $100 bucks.

more info......

Crews say pictures taken at Vikings boat party
Paul McEnroe and Pat Doyle, Star Tribune

Detectives were investigating accounts Thursday that photographs were taken of sex acts that occurred during a cruise staged by Minnesota Vikings football players on two charter boats in Lake Minnetonka.

There was no indication that authorities had recovered photographs, but if any exist they could help investigators identify players who allegedly participated.

Crew members told Hennepin County Sheriff's detectives that they saw passengers photographing at least two separate sex acts as other partygoers watched and cheered during a Vikings party on Oct. 6, said Stephen Doyle, the charter company's lawyer.

Crew members were unable to recall whether the passengers who took pictures were Vikings players or other passengers. At least 90 people were on the boats for the evening cruise, and 17 have been identified as Vikings players.

"[The crew members] talk in fairly extensive detail about ... a couple of different acts - one specifically in front of the bar that involved at one point a male and female, and another point in time, two females and some sex toys," Doyle said. "People were standing around and photographing that, and photographing it fairly closely," Doyle said. "There was cheering from the passengers on the boat and there were people shouting directions as to what things they wanted to see."

Crew members described players having public sex, drinking heavily and aggressively propositioning female crew members to perform sex acts. A resident of the lake community of Mound said several players urinated on her lawn.

Team officials told Vikings players not to comment on anything related to the cruise.

Before the cruise, crew members had been looking forward to the Vikings being on board. One worker brought a camera to get a picture of herself and football players as a souvenir.

"Sometime during the course of the evening the camera disappeared, because at the end of the cruise she couldn't find it," Doyle said. "There's so much going on here that we haven't figured out, that I'm not about to speculate on that one."

Doyle said that no members of the crew took photographs of people having sex.

The Vikings chartered the cruises, with about 50 people on board one ship and 40 on the other, last Thursday. The Vikings had a bye week, giving them last Sunday off. Doyle said in earlier interviews that Vikings defensive back Fred Smoot was one of the players who arranged the party, based on information from the charter company's employees. Smoot has repeatedly denied organizing any party on the charter boats and has threatened legal action.

Asked Thursday whether he was getting a local lawyer, Smoot said: "I'm looking into it." Pressed further, he said, "I'm done with the media."

His agent, Bus Cook, said there was no plan of action for his client. "Our concern is somebody alleged he paid for the boat and he did not."

On Thursday, seven crew members who worked on two charter boats each gave Hennepin County Sheriff's detectives their own accounts of what they witnessed on the boats. The crew work for Al & Alma's Supper Club & Charter Cruises of Mound. The list of players they identified also is in the hands of the Vikings organization, which has not disclosed what steps it has taken to find out what happened.

Doyle said not all of the players on the list have been accused by crew members of lewd behavior. He said some crew members told of players protecting others on the crew and apologizing for the behavior of teammates. However, other players tried to turn off the lights on one of the boats or persuade crew members to perform in a sexual manner, he said.

Some crew members came forward about three days after the cruise to report their accusations to authorities.

Doyle said several factors explained the delay. After the boats returned to dock and guests departed, the crew had to clean the boat, he said, finding "used rubbers, K-Y Jelly, Handi Wipes, wrappers for sex toys - it was just incredible how it was left."

"Never in the history of this group of people have they ever had anything like this," Doyle said. He said they didn't know if a crime had been committed or whether they were expected to tolerate the players' behavior. "These are very powerful and rich people, intimidating in size," he said.

Investigators sought the garbage as evidence, but the crew threw it away, Doyle said.

Doyle said he didn't learn of the details until Monday afternoon. By Tuesday, sheriff's detectives began to conduct interviews that led them to conclude various accounts were matching up.

In other developments, the NFL, which already suspended Vikings running back Onterrio Smith for the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, is watching the Vikings once again. The players involved could be in violation of the league's personal conduct policy if charges are filed.

"Yes, we are monitoring the developments," league spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Paul McEnroe taught one of my journalism classes in college!

To set Headache straight....Lake Minnetonka hasn't been "pure" has a pretty "dirty" past. There are some interesting things going on on the lake any given day.

I dated a woman who owned a boat on the lake. she helped me get up for the first time!

WATER SKIING people. WATER SKIING!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i wonder if you can buy tickets to the vikings sex cruise? :hmm:

it would be a great way to raise money for the building of a new stadium...

think of it... they could sell tickets to vikings sex cruises for $50 bucks a pop. and the best part about it is if a particular date is sold out, mike tice will scalp one to ya for $100 bucks.

get manute bol to be a celebrity passenger and i think youre on to something

ST. PAUL, Minn. - As the investigation continues into an alleged sex party involving Minnesota Vikings players, the Minneapolis-based Star Tribune on Saturday named quarterback Daunte Culpepper as one of several team members on Lake Minnetonka charter boats where the incident is believed to have occurred.

In addition to Culpepper, left tackle Bryant McKinnie, cornerback Fred Smoot, running back Mewelde Moore, all-pro defensive tackle Kevin Williams, tight end Jermaine Wiggins, safety Darren Sharper, running back Moe Williams, cornerback Ralph Brown, wide receivers Nate Burleson, Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor and Koren Robinson were passengers, reported the newspaper, citing an unnamed source with direct knowledge of the case.

Culpepper declined comment, and McKinnie said, "I'm upset my name is on the list, but I'm going to let my lawyer handle that."

McKinnie then referred all calls to his attorney, Joe Tamburino. Burleson said Saturday, "The truth is always the best remedy for any situation.

"I'll reserve any comment until then."

But Robinson said Saturday that he was not on either boat and was upset the Star Tribune associated him with this incident, given his effort to rebuild his life.

"I wasn't there," Robinson said. "As far as the whole situation, I just know I wasn't on the boat, and I don't want to get involved. I don't want my name brought up because of what I just went through and what I'm still going through.

"So for my name to be brought up like that is just crazy and upsetting, because I don't want anyone looking at me because I had nothing to do with it."

Robinson struggled with substance abuse for several years, and he checked out of a 12-step, 30-day program at the University of South Carolina on Aug. 28. He signed with the Vikings on Sept. 7. He is in the NFL's substance abuse program, and he gets randomly tested for alcohol and drugs multiple times a month.

After practice on Oct. 6, the day of the boat party, Robinson said he proceeded to the hotel he was temporarily living in, gathered his belongings and moved into a home he purchased in Eden Prairie. Because of the party, Robinson said he did not want to "bother anybody" and ask for help from teammates. Robinson said he finished up around 8:30 p.m. and called his son Marquise, who turned 4 that day.

"I'm going to see where this is going to go," Robinson said when asked about his name being mentioned by the Star Tribune. "But if it goes any further, I'm definitely going to protect my name."

Since Wednesday, Culpepper, Wiggins, Moe Williams, Brown and Taylor all declined comment when asked about the boat scandal. Smoot has denied arranging the boats, as attorney Stephen Doyle, who represents Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises, has said.

Moore said earlier last week that he was on the boat but denied witnessing any sexual activity.

Doyle declined comment on the list of players Saturday. A Hennepin County sheriff's office sergeant said Saturday his office wouldn't comment on any part of the investigation until it is completed.

The incident occurred Oct. 6, when members of the 2005 Vikings rookie class rented the boats with about 90 guests. Some team members are accused of participating in activities that involved strippers, lap dances and sex acts.

On Friday, Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said he would fine, suspend or take further action against any players found to be involved.

Tamburino criticized the Star Tribune for releasing the list.

"To put people's names out here, before there is any criminal charge, is reckless," said Tamburino, who declined to comment when asked whether McKinnie was on one of the two boats. "There has been up to supposedly 90 people (on the boat), and to name a few people is unfair, because we have no idea if there was improper conduct and who was doing improper conduct.

"We have individuals who have families, and to have their names partially leaked out is unfair," Tamburino added. "All we're asking is that these players have the same due process and respect as any other citizen in an investigation."

Tamburino also was critical of Doyle.

"The actions of Mr. Doyle in coming out and going in local news, the cable news and print media is completely reckless," Tamburino said. "Let's face it, his 15 minutes are up. Let the police investigation take its course.

"Just let them do their job," Tamburino added. "If anybody is charged, then you take it from there."

Others on the list could not be reached for comment Saturday.

tis quite a shame that they lost that fine upstanding citizen randy moss... his moral fiber and outstanding character and team leadership appears to be sorely missed.

i couldn't even type that with a straight face...

At least this incident didn't affect the Vikings' performance on the field against the Bears. :huh:

Maybe what they needed was a good tongue lashing at halftime.:ohmy:

tis quite a shame that they lost that fine upstanding citizen randy moss... his moral fiber and outstanding character and team leadership appears to be sorely missed.

In reality...this takes a lot of pressure off of him in Minnesota. Viking fans can no longer complain how "bad" he was.

They had a GREAT photo on the front page of Star Tribune online today of two bears fans...one dressed as the skipper, one dressed as gilligan! The skipper had a sign "boat for rent"

Three hour tour. Three hour tour.

zoney! said:

In reality...this takes a lot of pressure off of him in Minnesota. Viking fans can no longer complain how "bad" he was.

They had a GREAT photo on the front page of Star Tribune online today of two bears fans...one dressed as the skipper, one dressed as gilligan! The skipper had a sign "boat for rent"

Three hour tour. Three hour tour.

did you hear the interview with tice? "i wanna puke... i didn't eat anything, but i feel like i'm gonna puke"

top quality :up:

i wonder if daunte did his trademark "worst touchdown celebration dance ever" after bangin' him some ho's

img6902773.jpg

i wonder if daunte did his trademark "worst touchdown celebration dance ever" after bangin' him some ho's

img6902773.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"bangin' him some ho's"

Back
Top Bottom