The Lake of Minnetonka is Pure No More... Prince would be so dissapointed. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2005, 03:14 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Head Coach

HA!

Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minn. - As the investigation continues into an alleged sex party involving Minnesota Vikings players, the Minneapolis-based Star Tribune on Saturday named quarterback Daunte Culpepper as one of several team members on Lake Minnetonka charter boats where the incident is believed to have occurred.

In addition to Culpepper, left tackle Bryant McKinnie, cornerback Fred Smoot, running back Mewelde Moore, all-pro defensive tackle Kevin Williams, tight end Jermaine Wiggins, safety Darren Sharper, running back Moe Williams, cornerback Ralph Brown, wide receivers Nate Burleson, Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor and Koren Robinson were passengers, reported the newspaper, citing an unnamed source with direct knowledge of the case.

Culpepper declined comment, and McKinnie said, "I'm upset my name is on the list, but I'm going to let my lawyer handle that."

McKinnie then referred all calls to his attorney, Joe Tamburino. Burleson said Saturday, "The truth is always the best remedy for any situation.

"I'll reserve any comment until then."

But Robinson said Saturday that he was not on either boat and was upset the Star Tribune associated him with this incident, given his effort to rebuild his life.

"I wasn't there," Robinson said. "As far as the whole situation, I just know I wasn't on the boat, and I don't want to get involved. I don't want my name brought up because of what I just went through and what I'm still going through.

"So for my name to be brought up like that is just crazy and upsetting, because I don't want anyone looking at me because I had nothing to do with it."

Robinson struggled with substance abuse for several years, and he checked out of a 12-step, 30-day program at the University of South Carolina on Aug. 28. He signed with the Vikings on Sept. 7. He is in the NFL's substance abuse program, and he gets randomly tested for alcohol and drugs multiple times a month.

After practice on Oct. 6, the day of the boat party, Robinson said he proceeded to the hotel he was temporarily living in, gathered his belongings and moved into a home he purchased in Eden Prairie. Because of the party, Robinson said he did not want to "bother anybody" and ask for help from teammates. Robinson said he finished up around 8:30 p.m. and called his son Marquise, who turned 4 that day.

"I'm going to see where this is going to go," Robinson said when asked about his name being mentioned by the Star Tribune. "But if it goes any further, I'm definitely going to protect my name."

Since Wednesday, Culpepper, Wiggins, Moe Williams, Brown and Taylor all declined comment when asked about the boat scandal. Smoot has denied arranging the boats, as attorney Stephen Doyle, who represents Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises, has said.

Moore said earlier last week that he was on the boat but denied witnessing any sexual activity.

Doyle declined comment on the list of players Saturday. A Hennepin County sheriff's office sergeant said Saturday his office wouldn't comment on any part of the investigation until it is completed.

The incident occurred Oct. 6, when members of the 2005 Vikings rookie class rented the boats with about 90 guests. Some team members are accused of participating in activities that involved strippers, lap dances and sex acts.

On Friday, Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said he would fine, suspend or take further action against any players found to be involved.

Tamburino criticized the Star Tribune for releasing the list.

"To put people's names out here, before there is any criminal charge, is reckless," said Tamburino, who declined to comment when asked whether McKinnie was on one of the two boats. "There has been up to supposedly 90 people (on the boat), and to name a few people is unfair, because we have no idea if there was improper conduct and who was doing improper conduct.

"We have individuals who have families, and to have their names partially leaked out is unfair," Tamburino added. "All we're asking is that these players have the same due process and respect as any other citizen in an investigation."

Tamburino also was critical of Doyle.

"The actions of Mr. Doyle in coming out and going in local news, the cable news and print media is completely reckless," Tamburino said. "Let's face it, his 15 minutes are up. Let the police investigation take its course.

"Just let them do their job," Tamburino added. "If anybody is charged, then you take it from there."

Others on the list could not be reached for comment Saturday.
tis quite a shame that they lost that fine upstanding citizen randy moss... his moral fiber and outstanding character and team leadership appears to be sorely missed.

i couldn't even type that with a straight face...

Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

At least this incident didn't affect the Vikings' performance on the field against the Bears.

Maybe what they needed was a good tongue lashing at halftime.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

tis quite a shame that they lost that fine upstanding citizen randy moss... his moral fiber and outstanding character and team leadership appears to be sorely missed.
In reality...this takes a lot of pressure off of him in Minnesota. Viking fans can no longer complain how "bad" he was.

They had a GREAT photo on the front page of Star Tribune online today of two bears fans...one dressed as the skipper, one dressed as gilligan! The skipper had a sign "boat for rent"

Three hour tour. Three hour tour.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

They had a GREAT photo on the front page of Star Tribune online today of two bears fans...one dressed as the skipper, one dressed as gilligan! The skipper had a sign "boat for rent"
Nice
Old 10-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

In reality...this takes a lot of pressure off of him in Minnesota. Viking fans can no longer complain how "bad" he was.

Three hour tour. Three hour tour.
did you hear the interview with tice? "i wanna puke... i didn't eat anything, but i feel like i'm gonna puke"

top quality
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

apparently they got these bitches and ho's for the boat trip flown in from hot-lanta... i wonder if they came on a personal recommendation from a one ron mexico...
Old 10-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Or his brother Plaxico Mexico.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 02:29 AM
oh great...

now i'm going to hear the theme to gilligans island in my head all day.

a three hour tour, a three hour tour...
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

ahhh, the life of a professional athelete.

I wonder if Culpepper was really on the boat?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

i wonder if daunte did his trademark "worst touchdown celebration dance ever" after bangin' him some ho's

Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i wonder if daunte did his trademark "worst touchdown celebration dance ever" after bangin' him some ho's

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"bangin' him some ho's"
Old 10-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

daunte culpepper is the elaine bennes of the nfl... he can't dance, yet he doesn't know it.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #29
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:29 AM
the purple one bought a house in toronto, so he just likes hockey now!