The Kooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
One of the youngest and most talented bands I've heard in a long time. A lot of potential.

Stand Out Songs:

See the World
Sofa Song
Ooh La
Naive (Awesome Tune)
I Want You

Please Appreciate:wink:

I can't get over how young they are and so good at the craft of song writting. Remind me of the Arctic Monkeys a little.

gherman said:
Do Americans just not know who these guys are?

Yes. At least I do. But they haven't been mass-promoted yet. But I have heard two of their songs on the radio.

They aren't that great:eyebrow: Decent pop tunes, but I don't find them mind blowing...played everywhere in the UK as well....that said I do really like Naive at least.

I like 'em. Bought the album and think it's really good....All the good music comes out of the UK....

gherman said:

Oooh... I like them too but I think there is much more potential there for The Kooks.

You never know with the fickleness of the industry these days.

the tourist said:

You never know with the fickleness of the industry these days.

When I went to see The Kooks last week I heard some of there new songs and they were really good. They were starting to dig into bigger subjects and experimenting with a bigger sound. You never know. I hope they have the freedom to expand and grown and then I think they will be great.

I just got The Kooks as a gift from my brother for Christmas. I'm listening to it now for the first time. It's promising.

Back
Top Bottom