The Knife - 'Heartbeats'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I suppose I'm pretty late to the party, but I discovered this tune a few days ago and I'm loving it. Catchy as heck.

Jose Gonzalez's cover is ace as well. Still kinda annoyed that I missed his gig here because I was in camp.

The Knife's album from last year Silent Shout was one of best albums of 2006...really amazing electronica...and Deep Cuts which Heartbeats is from is pretty good to, but you should definitely listen to Silent Shout:drool:

I hate Jose though :wink:

got_edge said:

I still haven't heard Silent Shout. :shifty:

:shocked: Run immediately to your local record shop or favorite download site and get it. It's really good and different. Sort of has that odd, bizarre, anything-can-happen, Bjork kind of feel to it.

As to "Heartbeats", as much as I love the album version, when I saw them live "Heartbeats" just blew me to the back of the club! They slowed it down a bit and it was just dripping pure sex! It was fanf*#&ngtastic! :yes:

Dude I could kiss you for that:love:

That was such an awesome version.

FitzChivalry said:

Well, I almost turned around and kissed the dude next to me DURING that! :yes:

(Ok, so the guy was my friend and we were sort of on a date and there were a few Gin & Tonics involved, but still . . . . that song just does things to me! :drool: :rockon: )

I could imagine it having such an effect:drool:

Are they excellente live? Just from experience, some electronica based bands tend to be slightly boring live.

They were really good. Of course they have to be mostly chained to their electronic instruments, but they made up for it with an awesome visual show.

They had a projector for the back wall, and then they had a scrim in front of the stage and they would project images onto the scrim that meshed or juxtaposed with the images being projected on the back wall. Most of the images were dark, gothic, macabre sorts of things. It was pretty cool.

They also had that cool series of LED columns that you can kind of see in the video, but in person were just awesome. Those LED colums can shine almost any color of light at any intensity; they're pretty frickin' awesome (I also saw, on a different night, Massive Attack, and they used those LED lights but on a much, much larger scale. It was AMAZING!)

And the singer left her post as often as she could to get the crowd dancing and amp up the club.

Having only found out about them one week prior (through my friend who got the tickets) I was really impressed. Perhaps because The Knife also play their slower, quieter, more atmoshpheric stuff as well, there wasn't as much of a sustained full rock testonerone techno energy as at say a Chemical Brothers or Underworld show, but, again, I was very impressed.

I would definitely reccommend going if you get the chance. :up:

Back
Top Bottom