The KLF/Timelords/2K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
The Arrested Development/rap thread reminded me of these guys when I went searching for the top hits of '92ish era.

These guys were brilliant, and their stuff is timeless.

Listening to all their stuff today made me sad and made me realize how lucky I was to be around in the late 80's and early 90's. Trance, Acid, Ibiza coming into it's own :drool:

We moved to Canada in 89 and I was mostly devastated about the loss of the great music I was tapped into living in Dublin and having TOTP and Smash Hits magazine etc.
I remember when we were moving we were only able to bring clothes and pack a small box each of our stuff and having to choose between posters, and lyrics pages taped to my wall after being cut from SH was like trying to choose a favourite child. Begging to be allowed to put my tapes into another box and asking my Nana to save it for me so I could collect it someday when I came back. ( I was 14, we didn't have the internets, I felt like I was saying goodbye to all that good stuff forever).

My one ray of hope was that Kon Kan was Canadian and I was shattered when I got here and had to explain to the mall dwellers who their own acts were. I think that's when I gave up music. I had a local bookstore order Smash Hits for me and friends send over tapes, but it wasn't the same. I lived for going home and getting in touch with the scene again. I have never been into music as much since then. When I see the rabid passionate people on the board I think it's great, except when they piss on each other, who cares, all types make the world go round. Listening to the KLF et al reminded me I used to be one of those, and I remember the incident that woke me up and got my head out of my ass when it came to appreciating all music and realizing the stuff my friends and I listened to wasn't the be all and all of taste. Another memory, another thread maybe sometime.

Brilliant times to be going to clubs, wish I'd been able to
go more :drool:

Sorry for the rambling,

anyway, enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_hnYKTys8rU&mode=related&search=

anyone else remember the excitement of getting a 12"...yeah yeah, I walked into that one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6YlBAs0Lfo&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=apjTA2p_Wf8&mode=related&search=

and more. Too bad they went mental, I could have used that million pounds, and deleting their UK back list - a sin :tsk:

This thread wins! :applaud:

snowbunny00774 said:
Listening to all their stuff today made me sad and made me realize how lucky I was to be around in the late 80's and early 90's. Trance, Acid, Ibiza coming into it's own :drool:

OMG! Tell me about it! It was a great time for rock AND dance! :combust:

Btw, what do you mean by "listening to all their stuff today"? Are they still making music?

I have never seen that Doctorin' The Tardis video except for a bit in the Justified and Ancient video at the end I think... The KLF would like to thank the 5 for making this all impossible :lol:

Last Train To Trancentral :drool: :drool: :drool:

I saw the KLF album The White Room at a record fair a couple of years ago and I had to buy it. Even though I kinda hated their stuff when it first came out (around 1990-1992 indeed). But listening to it now, their stadium house is quite good.
A brilliant non-joke joke.

P.S. For the absolute U2 freaks among us, The White Room also has some samples from U2. They used some crowd noise from some of the Rattle And Hum live tracks for their own songs. :lol:

Popmartijn said:
P.S. For the absolute U2 freaks among us, The White Room also has some samples from U2. They used some crowd noise from some of the Rattle And Hum live tracks for their own songs. :lol:

Oh wow! I did not know this. :lol:

Yeah, I like them for that Euro House sound :drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
My one ray of hope was that Kon Kan was Canadian and I was shattered when I got here and had to explain to the mall dwellers who their own acts were.

Oh man, Kon Kan takes me back! :lol: I remember getting a 7" (yeah yeah, don't even go there...) of that one song where they sampled a country song. I can't remember which song that was though. I think I destroyed the single at one point. :hmm:

But yeah, the KLF were pretty amazing.

Last Train to Trancentral :combust:

America (What Time is Love) :combust: :combust: (<-- I still have this 7"btw)

Back
Top Bottom