The Kinks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacHat

Refugee
I've just recently rediscovered this awesome band, I forgot how many of their songs I know :lol: :reject:.

Who else is a fan? Ray Davies is one of the greatest songwriters of all time :drool: :drool: .

P.S. As I'm not a premium member I can't search for other Kinks threads :wink:

Autumn Almanac is classic, as is Dedicated Follower of Fashion...

I intend to become more of a Kinks fan meself...

Yeah I'm a great fan!

I discovered them a year ago with the album Arthur (or the declin...).

Then I bought Village green, something else, lola, muswell hillbillies and preservation act 1 and 2.

My favourite album is Muswell Hillbillies, beautiful! And I like the concept albums preservation act 1 and 2.

Now I'm listening to Soap Opera, it's not as good as their other material but a couple of very good songs.

DUCKS ON THE WALL

Very good lyrics, melodies, and a very good singer Ray is!

I absolutely love the kinks!
They're much better than the beatles!

I was thinking of starting a thread like this! :love:

I'm a big fan. My fave is Village Green, with Lola next. What a great band. Fantastic songwriting, great musicians, underrated all the way. :heart:

Ray Davies solo album that came out earlier this year was good as well. :D

:love: The Kinks :love:

Hubby is a huge fan too. Saw Ray Davies perform in Los Angeles earlier this year, not to mention previous tours when he's swung through town. Great (underrated) writer, performer - puts on a terrific show & tells great stories. :up:

Same here, I got the Ultimate Collection as a starter, so when I start my full time job I can afford to acquire their albums :drool: :drool:.

Victoria is an ace song! :yes:.

One of the music stores in town has the Village Green Preservation Society album, I think I'll buy that next :drool:, I love the title song :D.

Back
Top Bottom