The Killers - Wow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mculver

The Fly
Has anyone here bought the Killers album yet? I know that I am a bit behind having just purchased it this week but, damn, this album kicks ass! To me it sounds like a mix of pre-War U2, a little Cure, some REM and Midnight Oil, all of which are some of my fav. bands. Anybody else feel the same?

:drool:

I was just getting ready to say that. AH, why are you and I not mods?;) I know I have a big mouth so I can't moderate fights but I could at least move shit!

yeah the killers rock...i just bought presale tickets for their concert in denver today...i didn't have to give them $40 bucks, and the only tickets available in the presale were GA's...hmm if the killers can do it....

I love them - but lately I've been told that I have no taste bypeople more apparently sophisticated than I. Whatever. I'm fine with respectfully disagreeing with people.

I love Hot Fuss!

Im seeing them live in London in 2 weeks and I cant wait, The lead singer is gorgous as well as the great music which of course helps ;)

Angela Harlem said:
why did you post this in a political forum?

but welcome to the board anyway!!!!!!
:wave:

newbie. didn't the title tip you off? ;)

I always remind myself of threads like this when I see a TV ad for an album that came out AGES ago and think "Surely everyone who's going to buy that album has bought it by this point."

*coughDAMIENRICEcough*
;)

meegannie said:
I always remind myself of threads like this when I see a TV ad for an album that came out AGES ago and think "Surely everyone who's going to buy that album has bought it by this point."

*coughDAMIENRICEcough*
;)

elitist snob :mad:

:wink:

i know. i'm the same way.

i had forgotten about damien rice until recently...:shifty:

I hope u2popmofo is reaping royalties from the title of this thread.

See: AFI WOW!!!

:sexywink:

cujo said:
I hope u2popmofo is reaping royalties from the title of this thread.

See: AFI WOW!!!

:sexywink:

in the similar threads all i see is "the killers!!" "OMG TEH KILLERS!!!", "i <3 the killers!" and "have you heard of this band that's been on mtv and had an album out for months? they're called the killers!!"

sorry everybody, rookie mistake posting in the wrong forum!:ohmy: :huh:

"the Matchbox Twenty" of indy? Didn't see that one coming!

IWasBored said:

in the similar threads all i see is "the killers!!" "OMG TEH KILLERS!!!", "i <3 the killers!" and "have you heard of this band that's been on mtv and had an album out for months? they're called the killers!!"

:up:

or maybe it should actually be :down:

Good first half of a record, spotty 2nd half. All These Things That I've Done is a wonderful track.

I've seen them 3 times live. Once at T in the Park this past summer where they were pretty good, another time in Atlanta where they were atrocious and another time in NYC where they were atrocious.

They are absolutely hit or miss at best live, the singer tends to be off key and has a bad case of nerves. Every time I see them on TV I feel bad for them because Brandon Flowers cant stay on key. Like on SNL, they did pretty damn good the first time, but the second song was fucking terrible.

Live is where a band make their living, The Killers dont have the chops live yet.

The Killers are still my favorite new band. I can't get enough of their music - from acoustic sets to covers. I still think they have the brightest future of the new up-and-coming bands - Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Modest Mouse, and Arcade Fire.

Thanks for reminding me of their upcoming 5/3 show in Denver. Gotta get tix! :dancing:

bayernfc said:
come on guys, be nice to the newbie!

i'll do one better. here's some advice:

newbie - go into "it's official" and start a u2 thread.

:macdevil:

i'm a self-proclaimed asshole, thankyouverymuch.

ADecentMelody said:
The Killers are still my favorite new band. I can't get enough of their music - from acoustic sets to covers. I still think they have the brightest future of the new up-and-coming bands - Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Modest Mouse, and Arcade Fire.

Thanks for reminding me of their upcoming 5/3 show in Denver. Gotta get tix! :dancing:

you're without question, out of your mind.

keane blows, but the rest are good and kick the living batshit out of the killers.

and that, my friend is fact. my opinions always are.

bonosleftone said:
Good first half of a record, spotty 2nd half. All These Things That I've Done is a wonderful track.

I've seen them 3 times live. Once at T in the Park this past summer where they were pretty good

Live is where a band make their living, The Killers dont have the chops live yet.

I also saw them at T last year :wave:
I saw then a couple of weeks ago (Glasgow, jan 20) headlining the NME award tour. Maybe it was the atmosphere and the crowd, but they were a lot better than they were at T in the Park. I'm looking forward to seeing them again at this year's T.

Zoomerang96 said:

you're without question, out of your mind.

keane blows, but the rest are good and kick the living batshit out of the killers.

and that, my friend is fact. my opinions always are.

Interpol are kicking the living batshit out of the others, The Killers join them in kicking the living batshit out of them even though I like them all

bonosleftone said:

I've seen them 3 times live. Once at T in the Park this past summer where they were pretty good, another time in Atlanta where they were atrocious and another time in NYC where they were atrocious.

They are absolutely hit or miss at best live, the singer tends to be off key and has a bad case of nerves. Every time I see them on TV I feel bad for them because Brandon Flowers cant stay on key. Like on SNL, they did pretty damn good the first time, but the second song was fucking terrible.

I do agree with the part about the live shows. I love the album, but I was very dissapointed when I saw them live. So, unless I'll see them at some festival (which will probably happen) I won't be paying money to see them again.

Wow, IWasBored, you must live some life with over 20K posts!

You are right, I should have never tried to post my opinion on a new band that I found exciting. I mean, how dare I have the audicity!

By the way, it is true that I am new to this whole internet forum thing, having a family and a career doesn't leave a whole lot of time to post subjects in forums, but I enjoy reading the opinions of other U2 fans.

Speaking of U2, just because I don't post as much as someone like yourself does, does not mean that I am not just as big as a fan! Case in point, my first daughter is named "Alison" if that gives you any clue as to how big of fan I really am. Sorry to go off on a rant, it just kind of burns me when pretention trumps exceptence.

Zoomerang96 said:

i honestly don't understand how anyone can say that.

I don't either. And I agree with you about the Killers. I mean, I like them okay but I don't think they have sustaining power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom