The Killers - Wow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jeff tweedy's lyrics alone set them above just about any other band in the world today.

and zerodude, no...just no.

mculver said:
Speaking of U2, just because I don't post as much as someone like yourself does, does not mean that I am not just as big as a fan ...Sorry to go off on a rant, it just kind of burns me when pretention trumps exceptence.

With all due respect, there is quite a distinction between a devout fan of music in general and a devout fan of u2.

If pretention is eclecticism, than I'm all for the former.

:sexywink:

cujo said:

With all due respect, there is quite a distinction between a devout fan of music in general and a devout fan of u2.

If pretention is eclecticism, than I'm all for the former.

thAn i am too.

~slick'n silly sally

I was being ironic.

I work in complex and mysterious ways.

~the PUNdit

Zoomerang96 said:
jeff tweedy's lyrics alone set them above just about any other band in the world today.

I disagree to the highest extent.

My point is that music is all personal opinion, I feel the exact same way about Wilco as you feel about The Killers. I just dont get why anyone acts like they're anything special in any remote sort of way. Just not my thing, at all.

That being said, I do support you all in your fanship of ANY band that suits your fancy. One person's treasure is another's trash, lets share the love.

PS, I love you all (except for Cujo, he freaks me out!)

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
One person's treasure is another's trash, lets share the love.

Amen! :up:

Hi mculver!
I can't personally speak for IWasBored, but I'm pretty sure she was joking in her post, I'm sure she'll correct me if she wasn't!
There's a real love/hate relationship with The Killers around here. There are people who adore them and there are those who love to hate them. I think The Killers are good fun, if that makes me uncool, oh well, whatever. :shrug: Hope you'll stick around though. There are a lot of people here who have excellent taste in music, and I've learned about many new bands from them. You might hear something you like.
Welcome to the board! :wave:

Zoomerang96 said:

:up: :up: :up:

I sat down with the lyric book to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot the other night and read them all cover to cover and was just blown away. Nobody else writes like that today. Pure poetry, beauty and depth.

Thx for the support Imjhitman! I am here for the long haul. It is great to have a place and people to talk to that are just as nuts as I am about U2!

I posted the thread about the Killers because I thought it would be something new and different to talk about but in no way are they even in the same ballpark as U2. I can't say enough how much i appreciate the insight and intelligence of 99% of the people in this forum.

Thx again!:wave:

Zoomerang96 said:

I agree, I feel the same with whole band, Wilco now, for me, is the best band in the world, but this is just my opinion, ok?... ok?!

mofo isn't perfect :wink:

mculver said:
Wow, IWasBored, you must live some life with over 20K posts!

listen, you sarcastic fucknut, you don't know me. i work my ass off, i go out, i have a life.

seeing as i don't have a clue why naming your kid alison has anything to do with u2, i guess you win the biggest fan competition. but you also win the biggest retard competition for getting your panties in a bunch over some minor jokes on being a newbie. it's just common sense, even if you're new to message boards, that you might look a page or 2 back for threads similar to the topic on which you plan to voice an opinion.

IWasBored said:

listen, you sarcastic fucknut, you don't know me. i work my ass off, i go out, i have a life.

seeing as i don't have a clue why naming your kid alison has anything to do with u2, i guess you win the biggest fan competition. but you also win the biggest retard competition for getting your panties in a bunch over some minor jokes on being a newbie. it's just common sense, even if you're new to message boards, that you might look a page or 2 back for threads similar to the topic on which you plan to voice an opinion.

well played. :up:

IWasBored said:

There's really no need for that. Not everyone knows how to use a message board as efficiently as we do. It's called tolerance. Just because they're new doesn't mean we have to go hard on them. We were all new once here. I recognize that most of you in this thread don't like the Killers, and that's totally fine. Let's not resort to name-calling. You don't know him either, IWB, just like they don't know you. So let's not start calling people fucknuts and retards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom