The Killers Rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I have to say that I couldn't be happier with the Killers. It's great that the late 70s early 80s punk/new wave sound is coming back! By the way, I have 2 different versions of Mr. Brightside... one at 3:42 and the other one 4:19. Neither one sounds like the video version. Same thing with Somebody Told Me. :huh:

smile liek you mean it is my favourite song off of hot fuss, I only saw the video this morning - really good!

people were saying the same thing about the hives and the white stripes two years ago.

"man am i glad that old school garage band rock is back again!"

good thing that wasn't a trend or anything...

What about the versions of Brightside? If the 3:42 one is the album version, what the hell is the 4:19 one (with the stronger synthesizer)? Anyone know? :huh:

Zoomerang96 said:
people were saying the same thing about the hives and the white stripes two years ago.

"man am i glad that old school garage band rock is back again!"

good thing that wasn't a trend or anything...

shhhhhhh. look at them. they are so happy. ignorantly thinking that "the next big thing" will last this time, even though music history has proved them wrong 290784282895010927841902890468643783284284 times before.

Wow, is this our first Killers thread?

Jack In The Box said:
The Killers don't rock

I think they are just the same as all those other bands who have music that's only good for the trash/ have one or two song that are okay, they haven't done anything really outstanding. They are pretty forgettable.

At the top of this forum, there is a very nice thread called: B&C Band Index. It's even marked important, so it must mean something I think. It even says PLEASE READ between brackets (and in proper capitalisation, which I only changed for emphasis purposes)
If you can't find it, here's the link:http://forum.interference.com/t115814.html

In it you find links to the most recent threads about a certain band. And wow, The Killers already have 7 threads dedicated to them. And oh, the most recent one was only 2 days old.

:sigh:

I think I'm going to start to hate them, based on the number of threads that are being started in here. And I fear I will have them as a support act opening for U2 at least once this summer.

:|

Zootlesque said:
I have to say that I couldn't be happier with the Killers. It's great that the late 70s early 80s punk/new wave sound is coming back! By the way, I have 2 different versions of Mr. Brightside... one at 3:42 and the other one 4:19. Neither one sounds like the video version. Same thing with Somebody Told Me. :huh:

About the two versions....it was the first song written by the band, so there is a really early version. Next, they released an EP in 2003, and that is probably the 2nd version you have. The redid the song for the album and single. I prefer the album versions, but I alsoo appreciate the two older versions because they sound so raw.

Zootlesque said:
Oh... forgot to mention. The Killers rock, and will never be forgotten!

The same with all those other bands that people said would never be forgotten, and were.

There can be too many Killers threads. Think of a band you don't really like. Imagine seeing thread after thread after thread started about them while you're trying to find information on a good band you like. It's not like you actually needed to start this thread, you could have went to the reference thread at the top of this forum and added your Killers comment to one of the 3247284729837428937 other "I love the Killers" threads. There was a reason it was put there, if other folk use it I don't see why others can't. Seems a bit unfair.

I'm sorry. I had no idea about the band index. Shit, there are 7 threads about these guys.

Okay, I'll be going now. :|

I don't want to upset the fans of the Killers, so I'll keep my anti-Killers comments to myself:wink:

they suck, they're a flash in the pan, no substance whatsoever, and it's just oh-so-hip to like them.

gimmee a break with the 80's analog synth crap pushed to the max....and that "singer"...just awful.

yeah, they have "a good beat" or something a freshman girl in college would say, and maybe a good look for today's trashy pop groups. but they're outta here next year.

Dalton said:

RademR

are those the dates that the killers will be opening for U2?

the killers are opening european dates. if you're seeing them in the US, you're stuck with the kings of leon for all dates.

Zootlesque said:
I'm sorry. I had no idea about the band index. Shit, there are 7 threads about these guys.

Okay, I'll be going now. :|

not reading is a common mistake newbies make. plenty of people who've been around a particular site for a while make that mistake as well. learn. we strive for literacy.

IWasBored said:

not reading is a common mistake newbies make. plenty of people who've been around a particular site for a while make that mistake as well. learn. we strive for literacy.

:eyebrow: I feel insulted by the seemingly condescending nature of that post.

Back
Top Bottom