The Killers Rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IWasBored said:

the killers are opening european dates. if you're seeing them in the US, you're stuck with the kings of leon for all dates.

And thank god for that.

I've liked them since their first album, and imho, they are 1,000 better than the killers.

Lara Mullen said:
Think of a band you don't really like. Imagine seeing thread after thread after thread started about them while you're trying to find information on a good band you like. It's not like you actually needed to start this thread, you could have went to the reference thread at the top of this forum and added your Killers comment to one of the 3247284729837428937 other "I love the Killers" threads. There was a reason it was put there, if other folk use it I don't see why others can't. Seems a bit unfair.

While I understand that as long as we have that reference thread, people should indeed use it, at the same time, there is also the option of simply not reading threads regarding bands you don't like, too. Especially considering how many other artists get talked about in here constantly as it is.

Not attacking anyone here or anything, just my thoughts on that aspect of it all.

As for the Killers...I don't mind them. They've got some good songs. It's yet to be determined whether or not they'll stick around for a long time, but while many bands who people thought would be known forever wound up fading into obscurity, there are also the bands who wound up actually living up to that prediction, too, so... Time will tell.

Angela

Dalton said:

RademR

are those the dates that the killers will be opening for U2?

nope, the Killers are playing some theatre in Chicago on 5/11. Gonna catch that show after seeing u2 on 9&10.

Moonlit_Angel said:

While I understand that as long as we have that reference thread, people should indeed use it, at the same time, there is also the option of simply not reading threads regarding bands you don't like, too. Especially considering how many other artists get talked about in here constantly as it is.

Not attacking anyone here or anything, just my thoughts on that aspect of it all.

As for the Killers...I don't mind them. They've got some good songs. It's yet to be determined whether or not they'll stick around for a long time, but while many bands who people thought would be known forever wound up fading into obscurity, there are also the bands who wound up actually living up to that prediction, too, so... Time will tell.

Angela

i don't read band threads when i don't care about the bands. i'd ignore the killers thread if there was just one massive thread full of "OMG!!! TEHY RAWK!!!!" kind of like i ignore pleba and it's "OMG BONO IS SOOO HAWT!!!!". but when they keep popping up week after week, it gets annoying and that was the point. this wasn't a "OMG I H8 CREEd AnD U SUX 4 PSOTING ABOUT THEM!" debate. the fact that we've had the "OMG PLEAZ STOP POSTING KILLRES THREADZ" debate so many times proves this point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom