The Killers.... NEW ALBUM..... SAWDUST! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I just downloaded it last nite..

listening so far... I like tranquilize, shadowplay, under the gun, move away...so far..

haven't listened to it all the way thru yet...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

http://forum.interference.com/t171533.html

Read the part about non-premium members and stop whining.
You really expect people to spend the time to manually search deep through the archives to find a thread that may or may not exist? I actually did go back 5 pages, but after that it just gets to be a pain in the ass.

If someone starts a thread about an album that's going to come out in the future, then that thread dies, falls back tons of pages, is it really that much of a crime to start a new thread when the album actually does come out? I understand not wanting duplicate threads or clutter, but not allowing similiar threads 15+ freaking pages apart in the archive seems a bit extreme, especially when you don't allow many people to use the automated search.

I see this place is still as uptight as ever.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

You really expect people to spend the time to manually search deep through the archives to find a thread that may or may not exist? I actually did go back 5 pages, but after that it just gets to be a pain in the ass.

If someone starts a thread about an album that's going to come out in the future, then that thread dies, falls back tons of pages, is it really that much of a crime to start a new thread when the album actually does come out? I understand not wanting duplicate threads or clutter, but not allowing similiar threads 15+ freaking pages apart in the archive seems a bit extreme, especially when you don't allow many people to use the automated search.

time to move on about this subject. And cut downs don't help you out either..

If you want to complain.. how about asking for the ability to search as a non-premium member..

let's get back to the topic at hand shall we?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #49
The Male

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

Evidently, you didn't read the link I gave you. Bonochick said she would search the archives for you. The mods on most forums would leave you hanging, but not on this uptight forum.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Evidently, you didn't read the link I gave you. Bonochick said she would search the archives for you. The mods on most forums would leave you hanging, but not on this uptight forum.

agreed..

that is very nice of BC to do that. Not sure it's appreciated tho.

yeah, we all are a bunch of uptight arseholes...
Old 11-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:33 PM
I still need to pick this up, but the nice thing is I already know that I like half of the tracks, especially "Under the Gun."
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Let me just express my dismay and shock at how fucking terrible Tranquilize is, after hearing it for the first time.

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded. It's like, it's like that collaboration David Bowie and Trent Reznor did, except, even worse.....if that's possible.

I have to go throw up now.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #53
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Let me just express my dismay and shock at how fucking terrible Tranquilize is, after hearing it for the first time.

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded.
WTF? It's better than at LEAST 3/4 of the atrocity that was Sam's Town. Lou Reed's presence alone assures that.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24

WTF? It's better than at LEAST 3/4 of the atrocity that was Sam's Town. Lou Reed's presence alone assures that.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded. It's like, it's like that collaboration David Bowie and Trent Reznor did, except, even worse.....if that's possible.

I have to go throw up now.
Whoa now, I love "I'm Afraid of Americans" and "Tranquilize" as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #56
Refugee

I think it's pretty lame that The Killers are releasing b-side compilations after every regular album. First, they released "Under the Gun", "The Ballad of Jimmy Valentine" and "Indie Rock and Roll" on the black cover version rerelease of "Hot Fuss", and make that available only for a month or something a year. Then they release this with those same 3 tracks.

These guys are so commercial, it's disgusting. Then again, if I were a massive Killers fan, I might appreciate not waiting a few years until there were enough new b-sides to fill a CD. I sometimes wish Radiohead would release more rare stuff.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24

Whoa now, I love "I'm Afraid of Americans" and "Tranquilize" as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #58
The Male

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, you're right. It's terrible.

Seriously, what happened to Brandon Flowers' voice? Are they too poor to buy a new auto-tune, or what?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:33 PM
The Killers are on the verge of becoming a truly great rock band. They're not there yet, but very, very close.

Brandon Flowers has one of the most unique and best voices in rock. "Sawdust" gets 4 1/2 stars from me, for being so good AND merely being a B-side compilation. Other bands WISH their B-sides were half this good.