The Killers.... NEW ALBUM..... SAWDUST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry i wasnt able to find a thread that was over a month old and 10 pages back in the archives without being able to search

geez, now i remember why i left

Frank the Tank said:
sorry i wasnt able to find a thread that was over a month old and 10 pages back in the archives without being able to search

Yep, this place is pretty ridiculous sometimes.

I was really in to the Killers for awhile, but suddenly I'm pretty over them. I still like Hot Fuss, but a lot of Sam's Town bored me. Will this win me back?

Frank the Tank said:

geez, now i remember why i left

sorry I was just trying to give you a head's up before the mods. You don't need to get all pissy about it.. :|

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I was really in to the Killers for awhile, but suddenly I'm pretty over them. I still like Hot Fuss, but a lot of Sam's Town bored me. Will this win me back?

same here.
when does this come out or is it all ready out?

Listening and downloading now.

When I was an Interference newbie, I didn't understand the netiquette of not having a million threads on the same theme, but now i get it.

I've been on other boards where there will be like 25 threads about the same topic with two posts each, and goddess, is that annoying, so please, be nice to your mods in here as they try to keep it kind of coherent.

Anu said:
Listening and downloading now.

When I was an Interference newbie, I didn't understand the netiquette of not having a million threads on the same theme, but now i get it.

I've been on other boards where there will be like 25 threads about the same topic with two posts each, and goddess, is that annoying, so please, be nice to your mods in here as they try to keep it kind of coherent.

thanks.. anu...

it's much better being on a board where there isn't a gazillion threads on the same topic.. One of the best things I like about this place. Our mods here are on top of things.. Well, appreciated. :D

At the end of the brightside remix one will find "The Captain" song they use on the killers fan club site.

check it out...pretty neat little jingle too..

PS: it's about 10 minutes in on last track

I think its perfectly fine to rip into and be rude to all the mods on this forum. All they are is a bunch of fat cats who get rich by telling us what to do. How dare they rule us with an iron fist when we are the ones that pay our monthly subscription to keep this place running.

Dalton said:
I think its perfectly fine to rip into and be rude to all the mods on this forum. All they are is a bunch of fat cats who get rich by telling us what to do. How dare they rule us with an iron fist when we are the ones that pay our monthly subscription to keep this place running.

and....... u still have aspirations for being mod yes ? :hmm:

Yikes kids, this is a Killers thread, and I feel bad now for taking us off-topic.

Speaking of the record, it's not getting to me yet, but I do like the stripped-down and slowed-up Sam's Town along with Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf.

I just downloaded it last nite..

listening so far... I like tranquilize, shadowplay, under the gun, move away...so far..

haven't listened to it all the way thru yet...:wink:

LemonMelon said:

http://forum.interference.com/t171533.html

Read the part about non-premium members and stop whining.

You really expect people to spend the time to manually search deep through the archives to find a thread that may or may not exist? I actually did go back 5 pages, but after that it just gets to be a pain in the ass.

If someone starts a thread about an album that's going to come out in the future, then that thread dies, falls back tons of pages, is it really that much of a crime to start a new thread when the album actually does come out? I understand not wanting duplicate threads or clutter, but not allowing similiar threads 15+ freaking pages apart in the archive seems a bit extreme, especially when you don't allow many people to use the automated search.

I see this place is still as uptight as ever.

Frank the Tank said:

You really expect people to spend the time to manually search deep through the archives to find a thread that may or may not exist? I actually did go back 5 pages, but after that it just gets to be a pain in the ass.

If someone starts a thread about an album that's going to come out in the future, then that thread dies, falls back tons of pages, is it really that much of a crime to start a new thread when the album actually does come out? I understand not wanting duplicate threads or clutter, but not allowing similiar threads 15+ freaking pages apart in the archive seems a bit extreme, especially when you don't allow many people to use the automated search.

time to move on about this subject. :huh: And cut downs don't help you out either.. :|

If you want to complain.. how about asking for the ability to search as a non-premium member..

let's get back to the topic at hand shall we? :wink:

Frank the Tank said:

Evidently, you didn't read the link I gave you. Bonochick said she would search the archives for you. The mods on most forums would leave you hanging, but not on this uptight forum. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Evidently, you didn't read the link I gave you. Bonochick said she would search the archives for you. The mods on most forums would leave you hanging, but not on this uptight forum. :wink:

agreed.. :up:

that is very nice of BC to do that. Not sure it's appreciated tho.

yeah, we all are a bunch of uptight arseholes... :huh:

Let me just express my dismay and shock at how fucking terrible Tranquilize is, after hearing it for the first time.

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded. It's like, it's like that collaboration David Bowie and Trent Reznor did, except, even worse.....if that's possible.

I have to go throw up now.

Canadiens1160 said:
Let me just express my dismay and shock at how fucking terrible Tranquilize is, after hearing it for the first time.

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded.

WTF? It's better than at LEAST 3/4 of the atrocity that was Sam's Town. Lou Reed's presence alone assures that.

Canadiens1160 said:

This is possibly the worst song the Killers have ever recorded. It's like, it's like that collaboration David Bowie and Trent Reznor did, except, even worse.....if that's possible.

I have to go throw up now.

Whoa now, I love "I'm Afraid of Americans" and "Tranquilize" as well.

I think it's pretty lame that The Killers are releasing b-side compilations after every regular album. First, they released "Under the Gun", "The Ballad of Jimmy Valentine" and "Indie Rock and Roll" on the black cover version rerelease of "Hot Fuss", and make that available only for a month or something a year. Then they release this with those same 3 tracks.

These guys are so commercial, it's disgusting. Then again, if I were a massive Killers fan, I might appreciate not waiting a few years until there were enough new b-sides to fill a CD. I sometimes wish Radiohead would release more rare stuff.

Canadiens1160 said:

Unfortunately, you're right. It's terrible.

Seriously, what happened to Brandon Flowers' voice? Are they too poor to buy a new auto-tune, or what?

The Killers are on the verge of becoming a truly great rock band. They're not there yet, but very, very close.

Brandon Flowers has one of the most unique and best voices in rock. "Sawdust" gets 4 1/2 stars from me, for being so good AND merely being a B-side compilation. Other bands WISH their B-sides were half this good.

Back
Top Bottom