The Killers Grudge against GreenDay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's shades said:
What does he mean he thinks American Idiot may have been misunderstood in the same way Born in the USA was misunderstood? If anything, people misunderstood Born in the USA in the sense they thought it was about how great America was when it was really about how America crapped all over Vietnam veterans when they came home. Does this dofus really think Springsteen meant to write a pro-American song and people misunderstood it as anti-American?

American Idiot? Sounds like a good description of Brandon Flowers.

uumm... i believe he meant that people would mistake the song as to meaning that billie joe thinks americans are, um, idiots.

Flying FuManchu said:
Flowers is so pompous... he also said that Springsteen shits on Dylan and Dylan has a crap voice. He mentions in another interview that U2 was great but ATYCLB and HTDAAB are bad in his opinion and that they need to go back to making another POP. I respect Flowers' music but I can't respect the fact that he has an opinion. He needs to go back to England where he belongs if he's going to shit on a legendary band like Green Day.

For the record, Brandon Flowers has stated that he thinks ATYCLB is one of U2's very best albums, possibly his favorite. He said he loves In A Little While, and hoped to sing it with U2, which is exactly what he did when they played in Vegas.

LemonMacPhisto said:
When your band's drummer looks like Earl from My Name is Earl, you have a problem.

pg2_w_flowers_195.jpg

How right you are.
That's hilarious!!!

Perhaps Brandon needs to refresh his memory about the lyrics both Bruce and Green Day write and take a 101 class in the whole "love your country but not your government" kind of patriotism that actually means something.

Frankly, I love Bruce, Bono, Billy Joe, and Brandon; all of their songs, outfits, albums, but not always their big ass attitudes.

I live in freaking Tennessee and love my home -- but that doesn't mean I endorse the anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-tax attitudes of many of my neighbors. And I forgive my midwestern and Northern friends for thinking everyone from here is a racist redneck.

coemgen said:

Actually, I think he looks like he should be in Back to the Future 3.

:lol:

He'll never have Marty's style!

This is all just propaganda. The Killers are quickly becoming master media manipulators.

I am cry for the days when the music mattered most :sad:

discothequeLP said:
the killers are so good that none of this crap really matters :shrug: though it keeps the writers at NME happy

Yes. The Killers are very good. I rank their album in my top five of 2006.

I saw the Killers play Saturday night in Las Vegas, and they were amazing. I had no idea they were that good live! Their first album is incredible, but Sam's Town is definitely a sophomore slump. Rolling Stone only gave it 2 stars...

Maybe in a few years, after they've made at least 3 good albums, then Brandon Flowers will have earned the right to spout off about legendary artists like U2, Green Day, and Bob Dylan.

Back
Top Bottom