The Killers are cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kate1

War Child
Its not often i say band in my generation are good, becouse most are utter crap! Take eminem for instance and other rap crap!

Anyway i have discovered a really cool band that could be staying around for a few years, unlike the hear today gone tomorrow bands that are around today!

I like the Killers new singles the rythem and beat is well class! I really wanna buy the album, but i wanna know if their other songs are good on the album!

Does anyone have it? If so what is ur opinions on it?

They're my favorite new band. There are at least 7 awesome songs on the album. I do mean awesome. :up:

Unfortunately, Vertigo's going to have a tough time beating them out during the Grammy's.

NO

you mean to post another INTERPOL threed.

because JUST THE BANG AND THE CLATTER cannot have enough of those

NEVER!!!

I like all of the songs on their album. Also, you will probably like Franz Ferdinand.

I love The Killers - quite possibly my favorite album of the year. The entire album is worth your time. Very sexy, very fun. :heart: I haven't latched onto Franz Ferdinand just yet.

I like them but a little too poppy (Duran Duran). There are other bands that I have gotten into this year that I enjoy more (Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, Modest Mouse, Muse, Snow Patrol).

Kate1 said:
Duran Duran RULE!

I agree, except for their new stuff. :barf: I just don't want other bands to sound like them. I do like the Killers cd, it just doesn't seem to have much emotional depth. All style, no substance.

hmmm Duran Duran's new material is ok, but i agree their older stuff was better! ah well! Have ya got the astranourt album?
Do you not like "sunrise" then?:(

I agree though the killers dont really put emotion into their songs! I suppose its cos there not really emotive songs come to think of it!

The killers don't sound that much like Duran Duran!

Angela Harlem said:
the killers blow arse.

i was just gonna say "the killer suck shit", but this works too. care for a high five? no?

well the offer stands should you change your mind.

Kate1 said:
I agree though the killers dont really put emotion into their songs! I suppose its cos there not really emotive songs come to think of it!

I would suggest hearing "All These Things I've Done" and "Mr Brightside" before coming to the conclusion that The Killers have no substance. Basing it off of the fun "Somebody Told Me" isn't exactly an accurate picture of their CD or its subject matter.

Kate1 said:
hmmm Duran Duran's new material is ok, but i agree their older stuff was better! ah well! Have ya got the astranourt album?
Do you not like "sunrise" then?:(

Sunrise doesn't do anything for me and I don't care for the other clips I have heard either.

Give me Girls on Film, Hungry Like the Wolf and Union of the Snake. Pure guilty pleasure!

HelloAngel said:

I would suggest hearing "All These Things I've Done" and "Mr Brightside" before coming to the conclusion that The Killers have no substance. Basing it off of the fun "Somebody Told Me" isn't exactly an accurate picture of their CD or its subject matter.

I own the cd and that is why I feel they are all style.

I like them alright. Theyre not my favorite band by any means but they're pretty good. I liked the nod to the Cure in 'Everything Will Be Alright' -- "I'm coming to find you if it takes me all night"...

i'm kind of curious...are all the fans of the killers the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes a couple years ago?

They remind me of a lot of New Order circa Get Ready.

And I like New Order circa Get Ready, but I couldn't be arsed about the Killers. There are worse bands out there, I just can't be bothered about the bloody Killers.

The killers have a great rhythem a "happy vibe"! Plus there is only ONE DURAN DURAN! No one comes near to them their ledgends!

Plus yea i have heard "somebody told me" "Mr Brightside" and that other single cant remember the title but goes like....

"ive got soul but im not a soldier"! So i think them songs are well class!

The lead singer aint bad looking either!:wink:

IWasBored said:
i'm kind of curious...are all the fans of the killers the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes a couple years ago?

Well, I am not a huge Killers fan, but I am still a huge White Stripes fan. Don't see a similarity in their music at all, though there could be some correlation in terms of their hype and being the cool band to like. Dunno.

IWasBored said:

Would that be a problem? Or is it just evidence of being "trendy?"

I still love The White Stripes and genuinely do - just like I did at the time. I went back and bought their back catalogue - it's not a trend for me.

As for The Killers, time will tell if they stand up as a band, or just end up to be a one hit album wonder when the kicked up dust around them settles.

HelloAngel said:

Would that be a problem? Or is it just evidence of being "trendy?"

I still love The White Stripes and genuinely do - just like I did at the time. I went back and bought their back catalogue - it's not a trend for me.

As for The Killers, time will tell if they stand up as a band, or just end up to be a one hit album wonder when the kicked up dust around them settles.

well, yes. that's exactly what i was accusing the majority of their fans of doing. being trendy.

i believe you genuinely like them, as i'm sure others do. it's just if you watch this place (and you should know better than i do, since you've been here longer) there is this one band that people are absolutly obsessed with. it seems that it's the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes, just an observation as to what band the trend has jumped to. it probably hit another band or two in between, i don't care enough to actually pay that much attention.

i'm just saying this is appearing to be one mighty full bandwagon. not to say you can't have actual fans of a band on a bandwagon...

this is going nowhere.

end transmission.

i agree with iwasbored.

bono makes a few mentions of the killers, they get a video that's played on mtv and right away throngs of u2 fans think this is the next best thing.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Just because the hype machine is in overdrive over a certain band does not necessarily invalidate the musical merits of aforementioned band.

Thank you. :) Not every band that gets hype/attention is shit. Just look at the groundswell behind Muse and Modest Mouse right now. I don't really let the media affect me so much to the point where it turns me off of a band. Some bands deserve the attention they get, and The Killers have really impressed alot of people this year across the board, and there's nothing wrong with that.

To clarify, I don't think The Killers are necessarily the next big thing. But I do think they made a great debut album. Who knows where their career will go, but I like their sound, and think it is fun and sexy music.

Back
Top Bottom