The Killers are cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh hell don't get me started on Muse. Boo to Matt Bellamy! Boo! Booooo! And while we're at it, boo to Craig Bellamy (no relation) as well, crappy bad hair ex-Norwich evil evil evil...nevermind.

I really couldn't give a crap about the Killers, apart from the fact they remind me slightly of New Order's sound on their last album (just a little side-track here but bloody hell, is it going to be another 200 years between New Order albums again?).

Anyway, I think the best example of a band who get loads (and fucking loads) of attention is Radiohead. Does that invalidate their output as complete and utter shit? Hell no.

How the hell can you compare them to White Stripes? there crap and the Killers aint!

Its too early! think to say that the killers are the next big thing! maybe give them another few months

Kate1 said:
How the hell can you compare them to White Stripes? there crap and the Killers aint!

oh, so that's how you figured it out.

it all makes sense now.

HelloAngel said:

Thank you. :) Not every band that gets hype/attention is shit. Just look at the groundswell behind Muse and Modest Mouse right now. I don't really let the media affect me so much to the point where it turns me off of a band. Some bands deserve the attention they get, and The Killers have really impressed alot of people this year across the board, and there's nothing wrong with that.

To clarify, I don't think The Killers are necessarily the next big thing. But I do think they made a great debut album. Who knows where their career will go, but I like their sound, and think it is fun and sexy music.

i thought i tried to throw in the point yertle made, but apparently i didn't. i am fully aware of that fact.

as to the killers being the "next big thing", i disagree with you. i think that they're everywhere enough right now that they qualify as being as close to the next big thing as possible.

Last edited:
Kate1 said:

Its too early! think to say that the killers are the next big thing! maybe give them another few months

lesson 1: learn to read. never was a musical comparison made.

lesson 2: there, their, and they're.

their indicates possession: for example, "joe and suzy have a cat. it is hungry. their cat wants to eat dinner." in this case, "their" emphasizes the fact that joe and suzy own the cat. there is the slight matter of

they're is a contraction, a combination of the words "they" and "are." i believe this is the one you wanted.

there indicates place. "the book is lying on the table over there."

lesson 3: deathbear's post was funnier.

IWasBored said:

lesson 1: learn to read. never was a musical comparison made.

lesson 2: there, their, and they're.

their indicates possession: for example, "joe and suzy have a cat. it is hungry. their cat wants to eat dinner." in this case, "their" emphasizes the fact that joe and suzy own the cat. there is the slight matter of

they're is a contraction, a combination of the words "they" and "are." i believe this is the one you wanted.

there indicates place. "the book is lying on the table over there."

lesson 3: deathbear's post was funnier.

Heck I'll do it in Chinese.

1. Qing xue xi zen yang du. Wo mei you yong yin yue zuo shen me bi jiao.
2. 'There', 'their' yu 'they're' shi bu yi yang.

'Their' zhi de shi 'you'. Li ru, 'Joe yu Suzy you xiao mao mi. Ta men de xiao mao mi xiang chi fan'. Zhe li lai shuo, 'their' zhi de Joe yu Suzy you yi zhi xiao mao mi'.

'They're' shi you 'They' yu 'are' suo duan de. Wo ren wei zhe shi ni xiang yong de.

'There' zhi de di fang. 'Na ben shu zai na bian'.

3. Si xiong jiang de geng you qu.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Heck I'll do it in Chinese.

1. Qing xue xi zen yang du. Wo mei you yong yin yue zuo shen me bi jiao.
2. 'There', 'their' yu 'they're' shi bu yi yang.

'Their' zhi de shi 'you'. Li ru, 'Joe yu Suzy you xiao mao mi. Ta men de xiao mao mi xiang chi fan'. Zhe li lai shuo, 'their' zhi de Joe yu Suzy you yi zhi xiao mao mi'.

'They're' shi you 'They' yu 'are' suo duan de. Wo ren wei zhe shi ni xiang yong de.

'There' zhi de di fang. 'Na ben shu zai na bian'.

3. Si xiong jiang de geng you qu.

:ohmy: very nice :up:

i have no idea what any of that says :up: well, i have an idea...but i wouldn't know otherwise...

Angela Harlem said:
IWb lets see you do this in russian. ja.
:up:

i should probably learn to finish what i'm saying in english first, don't you think?

"their indicates possession: for example, "joe and suzy have a cat. it is hungry. their cat wants to eat dinner." in this case, "their" emphasizes the fact that joe and suzy own the cat. there is the slight matter of "

uh....where was i going with that?

nothing more lame than an insult that falls short.

(actually, i'm writing it up in russian in paint, and i'll post it once i'm done. but first i need to go study finnish before my exam in 45 minuntes)

yertle-the-turtle said:
oh don't be silly, just do it phonetically!

:hmm: that would be easier, wouldn't it.

i'm sure there's going to be some mistakes in here...i don't speak russian fluently.

oorok 1: ychite chitat. moozikalnoye sravneneye nikogda ne gelal.

oorok 2: 'there', 'their', i 'they're'.

'their' znachet vladyeniye: naprimer, "oo joe i suzy yaest koshka. ona golodna. ix koshka xochet oozhenat." b etom naprimerye "their" vwirazhayet tom, shto oo joe and suzy yaest eta koshka. (ya ne znayou, shto ya govorila, kogda ya pisala "there is a slight matter...")

they're - sokrashcheniye, kombinatsia slov "they" i "are." ya doomayou, shto eto slovo, kotoroe vwi xotela.

'there' znachet gde chto-to naxoditsa. "kniga lowit na stolye tam."

oorok 3: deathbeara cmyeshnyeye.

Flying FuManchu said:
I enjoy the trendy mainstream stuff like The Killers, The Hives, The Strokes, Coldplay, The White Stripes...

Same here, there could be FAR worse things to listen to.

That being said, it's just a band. Take a freaking chill pill, everyone.

Flying FuManchu said:
I enjoy the trendy mainstream stuff like The Killers, The Hives, The Strokes, Coldplay, The White Stripes...

I think we forget that these bands aren't really that mainstream. Most people I know couldn't name a song by The Killers, The Hives, The Strokes, or The White Stripes. Coldplay would be the exception, and even then, I still know people who have no clue who they are.

Only Jenny was a Friend of Mine truly has a Duran Duran vibe. The Killers' true influence is New Order. Hell, that's how they got their name.

HeartlandGirl said:

I think we forget that these bands aren't really that mainstream. Most people I know couldn't name a song by The Killers, The Hives, The Strokes, or The White Stripes. Coldplay would be the exception, and even then, I still know people who have no clue who they are.

VERY good point. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:

i tend to forget this.

HeartlandGirl said:

Wouldn't Lindsay Lohan fall into this category? I mean I know she has an album out and many friends seem to know she has an album out but we couldn't name one song on that album. Hmmmmm.... :hmm:

Lindasy Lohan = indie/ underground?

Back
Top Bottom