The Killers are cool - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:03 PM
can i just ask "what makes them great"?

Old 12-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kate1
I agree though the killers dont really put emotion into their songs! I suppose its cos there not really emotive songs come to think of it!
I would suggest hearing "All These Things I've Done" and "Mr Brightside" before coming to the conclusion that The Killers have no substance. Basing it off of the fun "Somebody Told Me" isn't exactly an accurate picture of their CD or its subject matter.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kate1
hmmm Duran Duran's new material is ok, but i agree their older stuff was better! ah well! Have ya got the astranourt album?
Do you not like "sunrise" then?

Sunrise doesn't do anything for me and I don't care for the other clips I have heard either.

Give me Girls on Film, Hungry Like the Wolf and Union of the Snake. Pure guilty pleasure!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:08 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

I would suggest hearing "All These Things I've Done" and "Mr Brightside" before coming to the conclusion that The Killers have no substance. Basing it off of the fun "Somebody Told Me" isn't exactly an accurate picture of their CD or its subject matter.
I own the cd and that is why I feel they are all style.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 AM
These are the next Duran Duran
Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #21
Refugee

I like them alright. Theyre not my favorite band by any means but they're pretty good. I liked the nod to the Cure in 'Everything Will Be Alright' -- "I'm coming to find you if it takes me all night"...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:00 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm kind of curious...are all the fans of the killers the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes a couple years ago?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:33 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 AM
They remind me of a lot of New Order circa Get Ready.

And I like New Order circa Get Ready, but I couldn't be arsed about the Killers. There are worse bands out there, I just can't be bothered about the bloody Killers.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:19 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 07:03 PM
The killers have a great rhythem a "happy vibe"! Plus there is only ONE DURAN DURAN! No one comes near to them their ledgends!

Plus yea i have heard "somebody told me" "Mr Brightside" and that other single cant remember the title but goes like....

"ive got soul but im not a soldier"! So i think them songs are well class!

The lead singer aint bad looking either!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:47 AM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i'm kind of curious...are all the fans of the killers the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes a couple years ago?
Well, I am not a huge Killers fan, but I am still a huge White Stripes fan. Don't see a similarity in their music at all, though there could be some correlation in terms of their hype and being the cool band to like. Dunno.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:49 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
Would that be a problem? Or is it just evidence of being "trendy?"

I still love The White Stripes and genuinely do - just like I did at the time. I went back and bought their back catalogue - it's not a trend for me.

As for The Killers, time will tell if they stand up as a band, or just end up to be a one hit album wonder when the kicked up dust around them settles.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

Would that be a problem? Or is it just evidence of being "trendy?"

I still love The White Stripes and genuinely do - just like I did at the time. I went back and bought their back catalogue - it's not a trend for me.

As for The Killers, time will tell if they stand up as a band, or just end up to be a one hit album wonder when the kicked up dust around them settles.

well, yes. that's exactly what i was accusing the majority of their fans of doing. being trendy.

i believe you genuinely like them, as i'm sure others do. it's just if you watch this place (and you should know better than i do, since you've been here longer) there is this one band that people are absolutly obsessed with. it seems that it's the same people who were going nuts over the white stripes, just an observation as to what band the trend has jumped to. it probably hit another band or two in between, i don't care enough to actually pay that much attention.

i'm just saying this is appearing to be one mighty full bandwagon. not to say you can't have actual fans of a band on a bandwagon...

this is going nowhere.

end transmission.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:44 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

i agree with iwasbored.

bono makes a few mentions of the killers, they get a video that's played on mtv and right away throngs of u2 fans think this is the next best thing.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Just because the hype machine is in overdrive over a certain band does not necessarily invalidate the musical merits of aforementioned band.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Just because the hype machine is in overdrive over a certain band does not necessarily invalidate the musical merits of aforementioned band.
Thank you. Not every band that gets hype/attention is shit. Just look at the groundswell behind Muse and Modest Mouse right now. I don't really let the media affect me so much to the point where it turns me off of a band. Some bands deserve the attention they get, and The Killers have really impressed alot of people this year across the board, and there's nothing wrong with that.

To clarify, I don't think The Killers are necessarily the next big thing. But I do think they made a great debut album. Who knows where their career will go, but I like their sound, and think it is fun and sexy music.

Tags
the killers