The Kids Are Alright on VH-1 today!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
It's scheduled for 1 pm to 4pm!!!! YAY!!! This is a great movie; it's good for those who love the band, as well as those who are new to the band. Set those VCRs.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Thank you Martha! Sigh, I remember when that was new and they wouldn't put it in the regular theater, we had to go to the midnight movie to watch it. It's about damn time VH-1 and their "Movies that Rock" cut the crap and lightened up on the Michael frigging Jackson and played us a movie that REALLY rocks! Yahoo!

It will be interesting to see if the footage of The Who at the Stones' Rock and Roll Circus will be in there. It was when it was in the theaters, and when it was on Pay TV back in the 80's but a videotape I bought later had it edited out. It used to start with Keith Richards in an eye patch and piratey costume introducing them with 'Now ladies and gentlemen, dig The Who' and they played "A Quick One While He's Away" (you know Ivor the dirty ol' sooty engine driver) Roger was HOT, his curls were just growing long and he had on a fringe outfit similar to the Woodstock one. Keith Moon was in some sort of purplish outfit and it was so funny how he lip synched some of the lyrics, complete with dramatic comical face motions, as he drummed.

Anyway the story goes that Mick and Keith were not happy with Rock and Roll Circus and never wanted it to be seen. They demanded that its footage be removed from The Kids are Alright and it was! Still I think I recall rumors that Circus was later released though I never saw it. (If it was perhaps "Cocksucker Blues" is not far behind? Mick never wanted that released either) Well this is cool and should be interesting. Thank you Martha! (((HUGS))))

They played the Rock and Roll Circus part!!!! I got it on tape, finally! Thanks Martha you're a dear!!!

Back
Top Bottom