The KFC Pocket Rocket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
news-padlock.jpg

.....................I hear someone coming..........(I love it when Sicy or Khanada close threads!) :laugh: .........:lock:

inmyplace13 said:
Pocket Rocket, eh?

They could have easily chosen a less suggestive name.

But I guess, like McDonald's reaching out to inner-city street kids, KFC is trying to nail the "sexual deviant" demographic.

I'm sold!

:lmao:

and seriously, this thread shouldnt be closed. thats just me tho.

what if others would like to discuss the delicousness of pocket rockets?

Chizip said:
what if others would like to discuss the delicousness of pocket rockets?

I'd like to, but I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with its basic premise.

Might have to run to KFC

i raaaaaaarely go to KFC but my favorite thing from there are the Boneless Honey BBQ Wings :drool: :drool: :drool:

Chizip said:
i raaaaaaarely go to KFC but my favorite thing from there are the Boneless Honey BBQ Wings :drool: :drool: :drool:

Haven't had them. Might have to take your suggestion. I don't go that often either, the closest KFC is right next to Ton's Mongolian Grill, so when I'm hungry I always go with Ton's upon seeing it. But my favorite KFC dish would have to be the crispy strips. :yes:

Deservedly so

But to get on topic, I might go get one of these things today

Is there a picture of it somewhere on their site? I just got home and saw this delectable thread... perhaps I'll just runalong and see... :drool:

But on the topic of KFC, I love Popeyes much more though. :wink:

I am wondering (and thankfully, we can't ask him) if the pocket rocket thing is just an AUS thing, knowing where Palase is from.

inmyplace13 said:
Ton's Mongolian Grill

Is this a fast food type place, or sit down?

Tell me more...link me if you can to a website. It sounds like it could be an interesting concept (having gone to Mongolian BBQ places before).

:up:

zonelistener said:

Is this a fast food type place, or sit down?

Tell me more...link me if you can to a website. It sounds like it could be an interesting concept (having gone to Mongolian BBQ places before).

:up:

It's sit down and I think it's only location is south Arlington. You go in and all the food you pick off the buffet is cold and raw and you make your plate and give it to the guys cooking on this huge circle grill. That's the basic premise. $5.50 lunches, all you can eat. You really can't go wrong.

http://www.digitalcity.com/dallas/entertainment/venue.adp?sbid=138846

That's the only website I could find. I'm sure it's pretty much like the Mongolian BBQ's you spoke of.

Good stuff though. :up:

Holy hell, we just peacefully coexisted.
It's a good feeling, zoney.

Last edited:
zonelistener said:
I am wondering (and thankfully, we can't ask him) if the pocket rocket thing is just an AUS thing, knowing where Palase is from.

I think it's just an Australian thing. I remember seeing the commercial for it when I was there.

Aussie KFC's are a bit different. For one thing, they don't have biscuits, just those fluffy white rolls. Of course, it could be a bit confusing if they did because what we call biscuits, they call scones.

beli said:
Scones? As in white objects eaten with jam and cream? At KFC? :boggle:

Yep, but they are usually eaten with butter and honey in this instance. Because I guess, whereas you would mostly have scones with tea, here they are sometimes served as an accompaniment to dinner.

Well I went by the local KFC tonight and....

no Pocket Rocket.

Must be an Oz thing.

Calluna said:

Yep, but they are usually eaten with butter and honey in this instance. Because I guess, whereas you would mostly have scones with tea, here they are sometimes served as an accompaniment to dinner.

That sounds vile. Eating honey and scones with dinner? :sick:

Too sweet. The USA doesn't have a reputation as the Land of Sugar for no reason. :wink:

inmyplace13 said:
Holy hell, we just peacefully coexisted.
It's a good feeling, zoney.

:lol:

It can and WILL happen! :D:up:

Mongolian Grill :up:

I have been to a few similar places...but not for 5.50USD. :ohmy:

BELI.....they aren't exactly scones...they are a bit more fluffy (and, because it is the ole' US of A, greasy).

Biscuits are for all times of the day...and are an important cultural piece in the Southern States.

and check Calluna's sig.

Back
Top Bottom