The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, that's scary and amazing all at the same time.

July 21st, 2008 can't come soon enough.

Jack's Joker was great for the movie Tim Burton was making, but was completely over-the-top and "Jack as the Joker" and not just "The Joker," you know?

With Ledger's Joker, it would be darker and more true to the early and late '80s comics. A definite inspiration would be Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke".

My first exposure to Batman was the 'Burton' Batman of the late 80s and early 90s. That to me is always the 'real' batman. So Nicholson's Joker will always be the 'real' Joker for me. But this looks pretty creepy too. Kind of reminds me of Stephen King's 'It'.

Looks good to me. What I like about the new Batman movies is they are not cartoonish. I just hope "The Dark Knight" is as good as "Batman Begins". Looking forward to next summer. Indy 4 and Batman.

super creepy, John Wayne Gacy painting creepy....and the movie opens on July 18th, 2008 which is my birthday. Me being a DC nut.....not a coincidence.

I just hope they don't make him a guy who wears makeup cause that would suck. His disfigurement is part of his maniacal behaviour.

I doubt Chris Nolan and David Goyer would betray the character like that, most of everything they set up in Begins was pretty true to the comic.

Joe Chill killing the Wayne's
The Ra's Al-Ghul switcheroo
Batman the Vigilante
Falconi and the mob bosses in Gotham

I am way too excited for this.

I also hope he is a psychopathic killer with no mercy for his victims like in the books. He shouldn't be haha funny or amusing except in the darkest sense. The Joker is always laughing in the comics but he is the only one who get the joke. His jokes amuse no one but himself since they are usually at the expense of his victims. And like I said before, he is the baddest mofo in comics so they should stay away from the Jack Nicholson schtick which I thought was just a step above BAM WHAM SOCK!! Nicholson was too old for the role.

I agree completely, but Nicholson's Joker was perfect for Burton's Batman, and I hope Ledger's Joker is perfect for Nolan's Batman.

I thought Burton's Batman had some great moments and some awful moments which made me wince.

Kim Bahsin-ger, Baysinger, Baysing-er?'s screaming is absolutely atrocious, but it's still better than the previous choice for that part: Sean Young.

Michael Keaton was a great Batman too, but Kurt Russell or Mel Gibson would've been even better in my opinion.

Keaton was good because he was typically such a manic actor, and as Batman he had to have this controlled rage, and I thought that he expressed a lot of his...angst, I guess, with his eyes. Nicholson's performance was fun and over the top, but, not true to the ideals of the comic. I have high hopes for this version of The Joker, as well as the film. Just re-watched the Prestige last week, as well as Insomnia and Memento....Nolan does such great work....

namkcuR said:
My first exposure to Batman was the 'Burton' Batman of the late 80s and early 90s. That to me is always the 'real' batman. So Nicholson's Joker will always be the 'real' Joker for me..
You must checkout some of the old TV show reruns, Cesar Romero is the shiznit.:wink:
207972906_683c8d4071_o.jpg

200px-Cesar_Romero_Joker.gif

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:shocked: Are you serious? I'm glad you aren't casting...

Speaking of casting, this guy was approached to be Batman. Not even kidding:

bill-murray-original.jpg

Last edited:
Hewson said:
You must checkout some of the old TV show reruns, Cesar Romero is the shiznit.:wink:
207972906_683c8d4071_o.jpg

200px-Cesar_Romero_Joker.gif

hahahaha......my 1st experience with batman too.....the best joker ever!!:wink:

I'm really starting to dig it. It's no different to Tim Burton putting his own spin on The Penguin (although this is nowhere near as drastic).

This brooding, corpse like pic of Ledger is actually a nice nod to The Joker's very first panel (excluding the facial scars, of course). And when he did eventually smile, it was creepy as hell.

joker-batman01.jpg

More stills from the new batman film. It will also be filmed in Imax form.

JokerMask.jpg

JokerImax.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom