The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrey based his performance in Forever off of Gorshin. I like him in that movie, too, but any of the '60s Batman villains top the Burton/Schumacher villains in a landslide. Yes, even Cesar Romero over Jack Nicholson.

I think it is all a matter of perspective. Personally, I think Batman Begins is only live action Batman interpretation that matched the feel of the comics in terms of the villians.

Actually most superhero films don't capture the true essence of the villians.

I think it is all a matter of perspective. Personally, I think Batman Begins is only live action Batman interpretation that matched the feel of the comics in terms of the villians.

Actually most superhero films don't capture the true essence of the villians.

/un-shun

Willem begs to differ:

willem_dafoe2_150.jpg

/re-shun

I remembered yours, now you will remember mine. Dude, can you get the ladyfriend to watch Dune?

The chances are slim, but it could happen. The only sci-fi she really likes is Star Wars, no Galactica, Firefly, or even Star Trek - she's more of a Harry Potter / Lord of the Rings girl. I could get one of my best friends to watch it and then read the book with me though.

The chances are slim, but it could happen. The only sci-fi she really likes is Star Wars, no Galactica, Firefly, or even Star Trek - she's more of a Harry Potter / Lord of the Rings girl. I could get one of my best friends to watch it and then read the book with me though.

I'm so dorky that I'm equally down with Star Wars/Trek and LOTR. Watch Excalibur with her. She'll think it slow, but it's wonderfully shot and you know all about Gurney Picard X popping up in there.

Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen.

Howard the Duck was certainly interesting.

I think I might have to revisit Flash Gordon, the 1980 version. I was just a few years old when it came out, but I saw it in the theatre...I remember that much. Along with the fact that everyone seemed to be dressed in red...a whole lot of red. It's funny what you remember. I wasn't taken with it at the time, but it actually got great reviews.

193885~Flash-Gordon-Posters.jpg

"New York football star Flash Gordon vaults into outer space to battle the nefarious Ming, supreme ruler of the planet Mongo. Ming intends to conquer planet earth, and hunky Flash teams up with several of his daring female admirers, as well as the brilliant Dr. Zarkov, in an effort to thwart the monomaniacal evil-doer. Features a fun score by rock group Queen.".:drool:

Howard the Duck was certainly interesting.

I think I might have to revisit Flash Gordon, the 1980 version. I was just a few years old when it came out, but I saw it in the theatre...I remember that much. Along with the fact that everyone seemed to be dressed in red...a whole lot of red. It's funny what you remember. I wasn't taken with it at the time, but it actually got great reviews.

193885~Flash-Gordon-Posters.jpg

"New York football star Flash Gordon vaults into outer space to battle the nefarious Ming, supreme ruler of the planet Mongo. Ming intends to conquer planet earth, and hunky Flash teams up with several of his daring female admirers, as well as the brilliant Dr. Zarkov, in an effort to thwart the monomaniacal evil-doer. Features a fun score by rock group Queen.".:drool:

Flash Gordon is bad, but it's a good bad film, in my opinion. It's, for lack of a word I better like, fun. And the soundtrack is awesome.

I'm so dorky that I'm equally down with Star Wars/Trek and LOTR. Watch Excalibur with her. She'll think it slow, but it's wonderfully shot and you know all about Gurney Picard X popping up in there.

I'll shout "Atomics!" in your honor.

We may watch Tron for our next movie night, too.

And Jeff Bridges gets sucked into a computer. David Warner cracks me up, especially in his 3 Trek appearances.

"How many lights do you see?"

Your assignment, then, is to indeed watch it and then let us know your thoughts. Please. :)

Certainly...mission accepted. :up: Just the poster, alone, is making me want to rent it. Flash kind of looks like a Wayne Gretzky on steroids, holding a giant hockey stick of motel metal. Very Canadian.

I bet it's fun, as you say...and the Queen factor. :drool:

We may watch Tron for our next movie night, too.

Man, I haven't seen that in ages! I loved that movie. If I recall, there was a dark element to it, as well, beyond the amazing effects. "Sucked into a computer" sounds about right.

Certainly...mission accepted. :up: Just the poster, alone, is making me want to rent it. Flash kind of looks like a Wayne Gretzky on steroids, holding a giant hockey stick of MOLTON metal. Very Canadian.

I'm sure "motel" metal is equally tough, all you motel owners out there. :wink:

Last edited:
Sorry to actually talk about something on topic, but that Gotham Knight DVD came out today (essentially the Batman version of the Animatrix). Reading some of the reviews on Amazon, sounds like the animation is great but some of the stories are mediocre. Regardless, I still want to see this.

51BAvKqnY8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sorry to actually talk about something on topic, but that Gotham Knight DVD came out today (essentially the Batman version of the Animatrix). Reading some of the reviews on Amazon, sounds like the animation is great but some of the stories are mediocre. Regardless, I still want to see this.

51BAvKqnY8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

And Kevin Conroy from The Animated Series' back as the voice of Batman. Hopefully I can check this out before the movie.

Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom