The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward Norton for the Joker.

As for Riddler - can't beat Jim Carrey for that role.

Edward Norton for the Joker.

As for Riddler - can't beat Jim Carrey for that role.

Norton's already The Hulk... and yes, you can top Jim Carrey:

gorshin1.jpg

Right, because I said so. No, he's probably under contract and those projects would intertwine. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, I would like that, too, but it's not feasible.

Carrey based his performance in Forever off of Gorshin. I like him in that movie, too, but any of the '60s Batman villains top the Burton/Schumacher villains in a landslide. Yes, even Cesar Romero over Jack Nicholson.

YLB, why explain?

I think that taking one quick look at someone's photo and replying with a monosyllabic assessment is a great way to ascertain if they played a role well or not.

Right, because I said so. No, he's probably under contract and those projects would intertwine. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, I would like that, too, but it's not feasible.

Carrey based his performance in Forever off of Gorshin. I like him in that movie, too, but any of the '60s Batman villains top the Burton/Schumacher villains in a landslide. Yes, even Cesar Romero over Jack Nicholson.

True - I thought you meant him being Hulk somehow prevents him as the Joker.

I liked both Romero and Nicholson :shrug: Same goes for Ledger if the teasers are anything to go by.

I just lol'ed and choked on my water...

irony!

True - I thought you meant him being Hulk somehow prevents him as the Joker.

I liked both Romero and Nicholson :shrug: Same goes for Ledger if the teasers are anything to go by.

Or The Riddler.

I like Jack, too, but that's not The Joker. He was too hammy and not menacing enough for my liking.

Pfft, no need to be sore because everyone hated your Joaquin Phoenix idea.

:wink:

All my movie buff friends who are Batman fanboys said they liked the idea of Joaquin Phoenix playing the Joker except for one thing: he'd probably outdo Ledger, and they didn't want that.

Carey's Riddler always seemed really off the mark and misguided to me. I agree with LeMac that the '60's TV version was more accurate, and that's not saying much. Carey just seemed to make a really interesting character really silly. Then again, that's what he does to all his characters.

As much as I disliked Carey in that movie, his performance was infinitely better than TLJ's pathetic attempt at Two Face. Tommy, basing your performance entirely off of a bad attempt at Nicholson's Joker doesn't make much sense when you're supposed to be another character...

Carey's Riddler always seemed really off the mark and misguided to me. I agree with LeMac that the '60's TV version was more accurate, and that's not saying much. Carey just seemed to make a really interesting character really silly. Then again, that's what he does to all his characters.

As much as I disliked Carey in that movie, his performance was infinitely better than TLJ's pathetic attempt at Two Face. Tommy, basing your performance entirely off of a bad attempt at Nicholson's Joker doesn't make much sense when you're supposed to be another character...

Yeah, The Riddler's a campy character, and that type of manic insanity could've worked, but Jim Carrey was just the big name. His obsession with Bruce Wayne was a cool subplot, but it didn't amount to very much. You're right, TLJ as Two-Face was a trainwreck. He and Carrey took turns chewing scenery, that's all. You know who would've been a perfect Two-Face if it was going in that direction... Mr. OTT himself:

heat-pacino-great-ass.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix would be alright, I guess. I haven't seen enough of his or Ledger's work to say who'd be better, so I'll stay out of that debate. Jude Law... I could see the look, but again, don't know enough about him to say. Daniel Day-Lewis would be perfect, other than the noticeable age gap.

Actually, he could probably just play his William Cutting character as Two-Face.... Just with more makeup on the side with the eye.

We call him The Butcher around these parts, pal. I see what you're saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom