The Joker - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #841
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,950
Local Time: 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBoy View Post
Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her.
I think she's a cutie.
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #842
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBoy View Post
She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her.
I think the whole trying to give Batman a love interest is an idea that can only hurt the films. It was my only complaint about Batman Begins. I think it will hurt The Dark Knight too.

Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way.
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #843
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBoy View Post
Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her.

Come on, dude. There is absolutely something to be said for the "girl with the slumped shoulders that make her boobs saggy but somehow so nice" look.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #844
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Come on, dude. There is absolutely something to be said for the "girl with the slumped shoulders that make her boobs saggy but somehow so nice" look.


I think she's gorgeous, but what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
...Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way.
Sometimes that formula rings of tackiness, ala James Bond. Having said that, and without having seen the movie, she could be adding a new angle that goes beyond stereotype. She's definitely got the range as an actor to challenge the status quo definition of a 'babe.'
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #845
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelordevil View Post


I think she's gorgeous, but what do I know?

Dude, I think she's hot, too. Take that quote at face value---there's something to that spunky girl with saggy but lovely boobs.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #846
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBoy View Post
Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her.
Because she's a good actress, not exactly a star either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I think the whole trying to give Batman a love interest is an idea that can only hurt the films. It was my only complaint about Batman Begins. I think it will hurt The Dark Knight too.

Why does there always have to be a love interest? It takes time away from more important things. This is coming from a romantic by the way.
/un-shun

In this case, I think her character will motivate a huge chain of events for the film, so it's okay for there to be a love interest. In this case, Bruce Wayne wants to be with Rachel, but being Batman won't let him do that; throw in Harvey Dent, "The White Knight," who could do Batman's job for him so he could be with her... then he hooks up with her, it's the stuff tragedies are made of.

As for having a love interest in any film, it's because most people want to see that. I know I'm rooting for the hero to hook up with the girl because I'm living vicariously through that guy for the 2 hours I'm watching the film. If it's handled well, like any other facet of the film, then it'll be awesome; if not, then it'll be a weak point.

/re-shun

In other news, I can either see this movie at the midnight showing or be forced to wait after the first weekend because of my dental surgery... that fucking sucks. Chances for the midnight showing are slim, too.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #847
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Because she's a good actress, not exactly a star either.
but she doesn't have big cans
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #848
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
but she doesn't have big cans
:sadpanda:
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #849
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Isn't she in some pervo movie? I can't believe one of you guys who've seen that isn't violently disagreeing with the whole "she's not attractive" argument.

Make me proud, sickos.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #850
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:08 PM


Laz (pictured left), and his two brothers agree, U2PM.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #851
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Isn't she in some pervo movie? I can't believe one of you guys who've seen that isn't violently disagreeing with the whole "she's not attractive" argument.

Make me proud, sickos.
She was in Secretary with James Spader. That might be what you're thinking.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #852
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 06:08 PM
NSW = NSFW
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #853
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,664
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBoy View Post
Why is Maggie Gyllehan a movie star to begin with? She's not really attractive and it doesn't really make it believable that Bruce Wayne would want to compete with Harvey Dent over her.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #854
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,998
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post


Laz (pictured left), and his two brothers agree, U2PM.
Just because I have a moustache and am currently sleeping with Zooey does not give you permission to confuse me with Mr. Schwartzman.


And leave Maggie alone, she's hot, in a silent film star kind of way.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #855
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Just because I have a moustache and am currently sleeping with Zooey does not give you permission to confuse me with Mr. Schwartzman.


And leave Maggie alone, she's hot, in a silent film star kind of way.
Better than being Brody.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
 

Tags
batman, heath ledger, the dark knight, the joker

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com