The Joker - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Karl Urban. When I first saw him in Lord Of The Rings I instantly thought 'that guy looks like Thor!'

Or we could just use the guy the little girl in Adventures In Babysitting thought was Thor.
Karl Urban is a good choice. He popped up in a Bourne film but had little dialogue. He could play an intense bad guy, too.

Isn't he Dr. McCoy in the next Star Trek film?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #752
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Isn't he Dr. McCoy in the next Star Trek film?
Yes, he is.

Marvel would go after a more high profile star/actor though. They're 2/2 so far. The rumors of Leo DiCaprio for Captain America's pretty exciting, too.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #753
Blue Crack Supplier

I think I mentioned this elsewhere.....I'm not a fan of every individual character, but the show build towards the Avengers is all kinds of awesome. If you're a dork. I'm a dork. So it's awesome to me.

I wish the build towards the Justice League was, too, but it's not even close, it's like a totally distinct entity.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #754
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think I mentioned this elsewhere.....I'm not a fan of every individual character, but the show build towards the Avengers is all kinds of awesome. If you're a dork. I'm a dork. So it's awesome to me.

I wish the build towards the Justice League was, too, but it's not even close, it's like a totally distinct entity.
Oh no, that's the greatest thing about these new Marvel movies to me, too. I can't remember what they're doing now with these characters ever being done before, at least not in the last 25-30 years.

DC's gonna get the ball rolling on Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern movies, too, I think. I wish they were doing the same with The Justice League.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #755
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Oh no, that's the greatest thing about these new Marvel movies to me, too. I can't remember what they're doing now with these characters ever being done before, at least not in the last 25-30 years.

DC's gonna get the ball rolling on Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern movies, too, I think. I wish they were doing the same with The Justice League.
I most look forward to Green Lantern. I don't care which Lantern they choose to focus on, matters not to me, just want to see that character on the big screen. Green Lantern and Batman were always my two favorite comics as a kid.....Batman, for the usual reasons....no real super power, he gets by on his training and intelligence, he's a little unbalanced, makes him interesting, etc....Green Lantern for me because whatever it is he does is based on his own creativity and imagination. That ring is only as powerful as the one that wields it, and that appealed to me greatly as a kid, and frankly it still does.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #756
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I most look forward to Green Lantern. I don't care which Lantern they choose to focus on, matters not to me, just want to see that character on the big screen. Green Lantern and Batman were always my two favorite comics as a kid.....Batman, for the usual reasons....no real super power, he gets by on his training and intelligence, he's a little unbalanced, makes him interesting, etc....Green Lantern for me because whatever it is he does is based on his own creativity and imagination. That ring is only as powerful as the one that wields it, and that appealed to me greatly as a kid, and frankly it still does.
That is a cool premise. I was more of a Marvel kid growing up, but loved Batman, still do, actually, so I don't know as much about the DC characters apart from the occasional cartoon series. The Green Lantern has always looked the most interesting to me. Then there's Aquaman, who's a complete waste of time.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #757
Blue Crack Supplier

I remember my early days on the internet...I stumbled on some site that totally mocked the superfriends, and was particularly savage towards AquaMan. For all I know, this site is common knowledge to everyone, but, when I found it it was by accident.

Aquaman is a tool.

I was into the XMen big time, and that alone made me lean towards Marvel.....but Green Lantern and Batman balanced things out. Wow, I remember when the XMen vs the Brood comics first came out. That shit blew me away.....
Old 07-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #758
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Batman has always been my favorite superhero, for four reasons:

1.He chose to be a superhero. Superman and Spiderman became superheroes by chance - something beyond their control gave them powers they didn't have before. But Batman...he lived through a personal tragedy(his parents were murdered) and he decided, of his own will, to be a superhero. So there is a psychological layer to the story of Batman that I feel is unique to him.

2.I think the villans in Batman are the funnest, most dynamic ones I've seen - The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, etc.

3.The Batmobile. Enough said.

4.The guy works out of an underground cave with an ultra-high-tech setup inside of it, and I just find that really fucking cool.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #759
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
What I most appreciate about Batman is the darkness and conflict within him. He is truly human.

In contrast I have major problems with Superman because he really never is challenged. There isn't anything interesting about him. Unfortunately, most DC heroes are one dimensional which makes Batman a refreshing change.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #760
Blue Crack Supplier

Screw, Green Lantern thoughts? I love how his imagination and creativity shape how effective he is.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #761
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Batman has always been my favorite superhero, for four reasons:

1.He chose to be a superhero. Superman and Spiderman became superheroes by chance - something beyond their control gave them powers they didn't have before. But Batman...he lived through a personal tragedy(his parents were murdered) and he decided, of his own will, to be a superhero. So there is a psychological layer to the story of Batman that I feel is unique to him.

2.I think the villans in Batman are the funnest, most dynamic ones I've seen - The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, etc.

3.The Batmobile. Enough said.

4.The guy works out of an underground cave with an ultra-high-tech setup inside of it, and I just find that really fucking cool.
I agree with you on most points, but Superman has his share of troubles, too. Sure, he's the golden boy and doesn't have the internal struggle of a guy like Bruce Wayne, but he's got his share of problems. He's the last of his kind, he's an outcast in a foreign world, the woman he loves thinks he's a goober, he chills with the ghost of his dead father in a place called The Fortress of Solitude, Jimmy Olson probably wants to bump uglies with him, etc... He could try to fit in, but ultimately, he uses his powers for the good of mankind, even if he's not a badass ninja detective / millionaire playboy like Bruce Wayne.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #762
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Screw, Green Lantern thoughts? I love how his imagination and creativity shape how effective he is.
Honestly, I never was that interested in Green Lantern. Nothing about him really appealed to me. I can't remember much about him these days.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #763
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Honestly, I never was that interested in Green Lantern. Nothing about him really appealed to me. I can't remember much about him these days.
That's interesting. I'd have thought that you'd have liked him, as opposed to someone like Thor. I like being surprised/wrong, though.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #764
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
That's interesting. I'd have thought that you'd have liked him, as opposed to someone like Thor. I like being surprised/wrong, though.
I like the mythological aspect of Thor. It is an interesting touch.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #765
Blue Crack Supplier

I read a lot of Greek, Celtic and Norse mythology, so I came to know of Thor via that route.

Tags
batman, heath ledger, the dark knight, the joker