The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of quick cuts, the batmobile exploding through a wall of flame, the joker holding Maggie Gyllenhal at knife point, and Batman kicking through the door in the interrogation room from the beginning of the clip, he lifts the Joker over his head and slams him on the table... HARD.

AND THEN...

A coin flips onto a counter next to a glass on a bar, the bartender starts to pour the shot before looking up, his response, "Jesus, Harvey, I thought you were dead!"
A hand picks up the shot, and it is slammed off screen before Aaron Eckhart's voice answers, "Half."

:drool: :hyper: :combust:

-- The Joker looks terrifying. There is footage of him in interrogation with a voice over from Gordon, they can't find whatever it is they are looking for on him, "All he had in his pockets was lint, and a knife."

-- There is a shot of the Joker walking down and apparently enflamed city street, laughing and firing what looked like a tommy gun, but really could have been another automatic rifle.

sweetness :drool: :drool:

SPOILER PICS

tdkstripes2.jpg

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:
So, wait, Katie Holmes played Rachel Dawes and now it's played by the Maggie girl? :huh: Or is it a totally different character?

Yes, Maggie Gyllenhaal replaced Katie Holmes as Rachel.

*acting hole - filled*

I'm still in shock from seeing them I can't think of anything to say other than "Holy fucking shit this is going to be amazing."

I'd rather be surprised by that. In this day and age, never gonna happen, but I can hope.

YLB, imagine being 9 years old and going to see Empire, with no internet....no spoilers....and you go and see it, and, oh, let's see....Vader is Luke's fucking Dad. Just a cinematic kick to a kid's spine.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish I would've been able to experience. I had the prequels... yep... gonna stop there.

Even after seeing these pictures/spoilers/whatnot, who has any clue what will happen in the movie?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, that's one thing I wish I would've been able to experience. I had the prequels... yep... gonna stop there.

Even after seeing these pictures/spoilers/whatnot, who has any clue what will happen in the movie?

That's true, no plot give aways from those photos...but, you know that there will be plot spoilers all over the place before it opens.

No spoken words said:

That's true, no plot give aways from those photos...but, you know that there will be plot spoilers all over the place before it opens.

of course, and i'll try my best to steer clear from that shit.

I really can't believe how awesome Heath Ledger looks as The Joker.

waynetravis said:
Must be the new 'Batcave' in those pics with the white llights on the ceiling :hmm:
Yep, it's below Wayne's new penthouse in the heart of Gotham.

There better be a Nolan-esque twist to Joker's appearance. If he is just some random nutter wearing make-up, I'm going to be really pissed off. The Joker should have perm-white skin which gives him this creepy, otherworldly quality.

Nice socks, though.

tdkstripes2.jpg

The 6th picture is jaw-droppingly awesome.

I'm wet.

(didn't know they were all one image, just meant to sopy the sixth one. :shrug: )

I' m really looking forward to seeing Heath's interpretation of the Joker but the Batsuit reminds me of Batman & Robin which is not a good sign

Mofo said:
I' m really looking forward to seeing Heath's interpretation of the Joker but the Batsuit reminds me of Batman & Robin which is not a good sign
Agreed. The new suit looks a little "busy" and the head/helmet is too big. In fact, it looks like the elephant man has been cast as Batman. Hopefully some cool lighting and camera angles will change that in the actual flick.

As for the Joker, again, you can clearly see the white make up has been smeared on flesh coloured skin. Also, his scalp is flesh coloured. This troubles me.

I think it makes much more sense that it's just make-up, and makes the charcter a lot more terrifying because of it.

Instead of just being a white-colored freak, he's an insane sociopath that puts on clown make-up before going out and terrorizing people.

I love it.

Lancemc said:
I think it makes much more sense that it's just make-up, and makes the charcter a lot more terrifying because of it.

Instead of just being a white-colored freak, he's an insane sociopath that puts on clown make-up before going out and terrorizing people.

I love it.
Anyone can put make-up on. But there's only one Joker. It's who he is, not what he aspires to be.

Anyway, I've now heard there's a huge twist concerning his look, much like Batman #1 and #2. (Crosses fingers).

Slapnutz said:

Anyone can put make-up on. But there's only one Joker. It's who he is, not what he aspires to be.

Anyway, I've now heard there's a huge twist concerning his look, much like Batman #1 and #2. (Crosses fingers).

The Joker is still The Joker. Why does he need to be mutated to have white skin? That doesn't mean anything. I stand by what I said about his character and the make-up. I think it's the best choice.

As for the batcave, I like the new look too. It's actually practical now. How is that a bad thing? It's exactly what I love about Nolan's vision for the franchise. It's not exactly like the comic base for the universe. So what. It worked because they were comics. This is a difference medium and a different era. And I think it's going to make for the best film. Nolan never claimed to be crating a true adaptation of the Batman universe. What would be the point of that? We don't need it.

And while I can understand hardcore fans of the Batman comics being upset by the changes, I say fuck them. I want to see the best possible film come from this. And it currently looks like that's just what we're getting.

:up: Stick to your guns Chris, you're the man.

I'm a traditionalist too. The white makeup idea sucks, part of what has driven the Joker to madness is his transformation from human to freak. Putting on makeup doesn't make one a madman. Hopefully those pics are early in the film and just an introduction to the character who while wearing his getup gets it permanently attached to his body as a result of a chemical accident. The Joker cannot be some dude who walks around wearing makeup.

The suit looks like a super SWAT team outfit. I know they wanted to make it more flexible so he can turn his head without turning his whole body but meh. I can live with the batcave in the city under the Wayne Building as this was the setting during the comics in the 80's.

Of course, these pics probably aren't the final shots of the film so changes may be made. Those were probably released to get some feedback from fans to see how they feel about it so far.

Those are likely not too far off from the final product.

I doubt we're going to see major changes to the entire suit or batcave design of the basic character of the Joker just because some angry fans don't like his ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom