The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that. The teaser is much MUCH better in good quality like this.

Best Comic Book movie ever am confirmed!.!1

Lancemc said:

This film has easily jumped to my 2nd most anticipated film now.

After seeing the teaser, this is my number two most anticipated film behind The Darjeeling Limited. The laugh and the voice sound great. I love it.

Summer 08 can't come soon enough.

inmyplace13 said:

After seeing the teaser, this is my number two most anticipated film behind The Darjeeling Limited. The laugh and the voice sound great. I love it.

Summer 08 can't come soon enough.

:up:

The Dark Knight, Indy IV, Star Trek, Darjeeling, Avatar.

In that order, bitches!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
That's one of the best teaser trailers I've ever seen! :up:

The whole time I thought the Joker sounded a little like Nicholson's version...which was cool :up:

Really?

I didn't think they sounded at all alike, which is why I loved it.

Plus, Michael Caine is the man.

I'm wondering what part the Gotham mafia has in all of this. From the trailer it sounded like they were going to use The Joker to get Batman, but that'll backfire because he's obviously insane.

Yeah, since whatshisface was sent to Arkham, it sounds like they make The Joker their front man. Badassssss.

IDK, I'm worried the cast is getting too overcrowded. Not only do you have all these main villians, but the Dark Knight will introduce more significant mob characters and likely the return of Scarecrow (according to reports).

The last film was handled to make the story involve all the characters, but this style of storytelling will make significant major villians used only in supporting roles. First, it wastes those villians who are only in the background and also takes away from the focus of the villians in the foreground of the story.

As far as I know, Nolan is likely only going to do a third Batman as will Bale. What can you do with the Riddler in that time? Or even Catwoman if she is introduced in this one or the next? The series may continue on, but I get the feeling that Nolan is trying to jam too much in for these next two films.

The Dark Knight originally was suppose to be just about Batman, Joker and Harvey Dent but the casting is exploding all the time. I don't see why it won't for the one afterwards either.

I liked Batman Begins, but I wish the original Burton one had a little more influence on these films.

Last edited:
:hmm:

Joker: "Starting tonight, people will die''
Two-Face: ''I'm a man of my word''

Or maybe the other way round, either way, the voices at the end are different. But damn, that laugh :drool: Seriously cant wait for this.

blackrockpark said:
IDK, I'm worried the cast is getting too overcrowded. Not only do you have all these main villians, but the Dark Knight will introduce more significant mob characters and likely the return of Scarecrow (according to reports).

The last film was handled to make the story involve all the characters, but this style of storytelling will make significant major villians used only in supporting roles. First, it wastes those villians who are only in the background and also takes away from the focus of the villians in the foreground of the story.

As far as I know, Nolan is likely only going to do a third Batman as will Bale. What can you do with the Riddler in that time? Or even Catwoman if she is introduced in this one or the next? The series may continue on, but I get the feeling that Nolan is trying to jam too much in for these next two films.

The Dark Knight originally was suppose to be just about Batman, Joker and Harvey Dent but the casting is exploding all the time. I don't see why it won't for the one afterwards either.

I liked Batman Begins, but I wish the original Burton one had a little more influence on these films.

The last one had Ra's Al-Ghul, the mob, and Scarecrow. They all worked in the concept of the story, not like some Mr. Freeze/Poison Ivy pairing.

The 3rd Batman will probably have Two Face, then again, I think Dent won't become Two Face until the end of TDK.

waynetravis said:
:hmm:

Joker: "Starting tonight, people will die''
Two-Face: ''I'm a man of my word''

Or maybe the other way round, either way, the voices at the end are different. But damn, that laugh :drool: Seriously cant wait for this.

Nah, it's all Joker. But reportedly the "I'm a man of my word" bit is the Joker mocking a Dent speech from the film, so you're sort of on the money anyway. ;)

But yeah, I'm not worried about having too many chatacters. There's only one main villain in The Dark Knight, and that's The Joker. Two-Face will likely emerge near the very end of the film if only to set up the third one. And the rumors insist that Edward Nygma will have a short appearance as well, which is also likely just a cameo to introduce the character to the universe. No biggy.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I knew it was just me who thought this....but it's cool :up:

True, true. :up:

Edward Nygma? Yes! Tim Roth would be absolutely perfect.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman after Rachel bites it? That would be even better, especially if it were Rachel McAdams.

Rachel McHotSauce, I think you meant, YLB.

I had no idea that they were shooting scenes for this film here in Chicago until a few weeks ago. Made me even happier to have moved here. :)

So looking forward to this film.

Rachel McThatDudeFromTheNotebookIsTotallyBadassBecauseHeBuildAFuckingHouseAloneForThatChickSauce

She was too busy at my already built house to care.

Oh yes, guys. I've dipped into some of that sauce. Double dipped.

Forgive me, but I can't post links yet.

But if you goto Flickr and search 'Dark Night Joker', there are some behind the scenes pictures of Heath Ledger in makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom