The Joker - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #391
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
I hope so. It's not that I'm a huge Ledger fan, but I was very impressed with the choice of him for the Joker---it's a pretty bold move. I mean, the guy's only really started to show some good stuff in one or two films; the rest have been teen flicks. But from the start, I just had a feeling that he'd be absolutely twisted as the Joker....and I'm so eager to see if I was right!
Yes, most of what Ledger has done has been crap, but I thought his work in Brokeback Mountain was one of the best performances of the decade so far, maybe even longer than that. The courage to take that role, and then to scale it back and internalize it, make it so painful and regretful...just really admirable.

He was also great in I'm Not There, even if the role wasn't as showy as some of the other "Dylans".

I really think he's capable of anything at this point.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #392
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:33 AM
Quote:

What is the prologue? I watched the first minute or two of it, but stopped.... Is it part of the movie, i.e. will I be watching 6 minutes of the movie (which I'd prefer to save for the film itself), or is it 6 minutes of film not in the movie at all but done as true "prologue?"

Not too sure. According to the comments, some says its part of the movie and some say it isnt.

Whatever it is, Joker is a smart man.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

Yes, most of what Ledger has done has been crap, but I thought his work in Brokeback Mountain was one of the best performances of the decade so far, maybe even longer than that. The courage to take that role, and then to scale it back and internalize it, make it so painful and regretful...just really admirable.

He was also great in I'm Not There, even if the role wasn't as showy as some of the other "Dylans".

I really think he's capable of anything at this point.
I agree, and I think that an artsy/convincing Joker role in a summer blockbuster, combined with the critical acclaim from Brokeback, may just be enough to push him into a new level in Hollywood. Pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis

Not too sure. According to the comments, some says its part of the movie and some say it isnt.

Whatever it is, Joker is a smart man.
Now you've got me wanting to watch the clip anyway, whether or not it's in the movie.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Rats! of course now that I decide that I want to watch the prologue, it looks like Warner Bros. has taken it down everywhere, even blogs! I guess that's the problem with everyone using youtube to embed videos....if it's taken down on youtube, it's taken down everywhere
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #395
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:33 PM
WHY SO ANXIOUS?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #396
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Rats! of course now that I decide that I want to watch the prologue, it looks like Warner Bros. has taken it down everywhere, even blogs! I guess that's the problem with everyone using youtube to embed videos....if it's taken down on youtube, it's taken down everywhere
Don't worry, it is in the movie. It's the opening scene.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I hope so. It's not that I'm a huge Ledger fan, but I was very impressed with the choice of him for the Joker---it's a pretty bold move. I mean, the guy's only really started to show some good stuff in one or two films; the rest have been teen flicks. But from the start, I just had a feeling that he'd be absolutely twisted as the Joker....and I'm so eager to see if I was right!
Same here. Joker could really be a major career role for him (see Scorsese roles and Blood diamond for DiCaprio). Jack Nicholson was the perfect choice for the wacky/prankster Joker of the first Batman, but this Joker looks more sinister and twisted.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #398
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
WHY SO ANXIOUS?
Trying to decide if I'm going to dance with the devil by the pale moonlight tonight.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #399
Blue Crack Supplier

This was posted on the superhero hype forum, made me laaugh:

The Joker bumps into Narrows kid

KID: The kids at school will never believe me!

The Joker looks at his knife, then sticks it through the kid's face.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #400
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
This was posted on the superhero hype forum, made me laaugh:

The Joker bumps into Narrows kid

KID: The kids at school will never believe me!

The Joker looks at his knife, then sticks it through the kid's face.
Awesome
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Haven't noticed this posted here (and too lazy to go back and look), but it looks like the viral marketing has taken to the streets---and fans are now part of the marketing as the Joker's Army! Check this out (and go here for pictures of the cakes, cell phones, etc given out http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/...hones-and-all/):

Quote:
The Dark Knight's Viral Marketing Gets Very Real - Cakes, Cell Phones and All!
December 5, 2007
Source: HollywoodChicago.com
by Alex Billington

A couple of weeks ago we were following the latest viral marketing campaign online for The Dark Knight pretty closely. An online version of the fictional newspaper The Gotham Times arrived and was followed by numerous websites, including a defaced Joker version of the paper called The Ha Ha Ha Times and even a website for the Gotham City Rail with a subway map of the city. This whole campaign is on the other end of the spectrum of the teaser poster - this stuff is absolutely brilliant. I followed up on this whole viral campaign earlier today and discovered I'd missed something HUGE! The Joker has been recruiting, and I mean quite realistically!

After the bevy of new websites came online and messages started appearing where the result was to wait a number of days, most of us lost the ability to keep track of everything going on. Well a few hardcore fans have been keeping track and they've got one hell of reward - they're now members of Joker's army. This reminds me of the that scene in the Matrix, where Neo gets that phone from the FedEx envelope and it rings right away. Except this is real life folks.

On December 3rd a new page appeared at whysoserious.com/steprightup with a hammer game and some teddy bear toys. Each toy had an address on it located in a number of cities around the US. The note on the game told people to go to that address and say their name was "Robin Banks" (get it, "Robbing Banks") and they'd get something there. It was first come, first serve, and each location was a bakery. What they were given was a cake with a phone number written on it. Now here's the best part: inside the cake was an evidence bag (complete with Gotham City Police printing) that contained a cell phone, a charger, a Joker playing card and a note with instructions.

The note read the following:

"Wow. You really took the cake! Now put the icing on it. Call [number] immediately from this phone and this phone only. Do not give this phone number to anyone else.

Let's hope your fellow goons come through as well as you. Once all the layers are in place, you'll all get your just desserts. I'm a man of my word."

When the person called the number, a lady answered from Rent-a-Clown to thank the caller. Apparently she said she knew who the caller was and then after hanging up, they received a text message. It read:

"Good work, clown! Keep this phone charged and with you at all times. Don't call me. I will call you … eventually."

If you can believe it, the Joker now has real, live people recruited to his army sitting with a phone awaiting his call. I thought this stuff only happened IN movies, not FOR movies!

Additionally, once all the cakes were handed out, a new page was linked where users can sign-up to receive a free screening pass on Thursday night at 7PM to see I Am Legend in IMAX which will include the first 7-minutes of The Dark Knight that was filmed specifically for IMAX. Another link also revealed the first teaser poster.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I google-searched all sites with the domain whysoserious.com, and got this: http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22w...r=all&filter=0

It has some of the random game pages that I guess some people got to play during initiation into the Army, as well as things from the last few months. You can see the one where there were teddy bears with addresses, but the addresses are gone. There's one called "mausoleum" with a combination lock that you have to figure out....who knows how you do that...but I think one of the links later on shows you what was inside (the joker cards page, I think...which has a cool teaser poster as a "prize").

I have to say, the marketing of this movie is frickin' awesome. I wouldn't doubt if the Joker's prologue was leaked on purpose----they've taken it off of every single site it made it to now. Kind of increases the hype.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #403
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Jeez,there are a ton of random things they've done. I don't know why I only knew about whysoserious.com. This page (http://batman.wikibruce.com/Thehahahatimes.com) has a list of all the various sites on the left under "hub." It's almost far too many & too many details to even bother getting into!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #404
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:33 PM
I love viral marketing.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #405
Blue Crack Supplier

Steve, incase you still wanna see it:
Prologue

Tags
batman, heath ledger, the dark knight, the joker