The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Day-Lewis ever lower himself to a Batman film, though?

470008~Last-of-the-Mohicans-Posters.jpg

I cannot stop thinking about this movie. It's sick. I bought my Imax tickets....Saturday morning, 9am. Best showing I could obtain tickets for. Someone help me.

NO MATTER WHAT OCCURS, I WILL FIND YOU!

D-Day as an action hero is fucking awesome. I'd love to see him do a Sin City-type comic book adaptation or something. That way, he can still be intense and awesome. HOWEVAH, the intensity is more important.

I'm planning on seeing this twice. Once in IMAX, then again with the Lady Friend (who will be out of town when it comes out).

It is actually not that easy to find a climax so intense and badass as the one in The Last of the Mohicans. Those 10 minutes are fuckin' amazing.

Plus it has the best soundtrack ever.

It is actually not that easy to find a climax so intense and badass as the one in The Last of the Mohicans. Those 10 minutes are fuckin' amazing.

Plus it has the best soundtrack ever.

Agreed....from the moment Hawkeye offers himself up in exchange for Cora, it's amazing. The music is great, their chasing Magua down is intense, etc.....

more from 411mania

Christian Bale Says No To Robin

Don't expect to see Robin in any new Batman films...

There is a quote going around the 'net featuring Christian Bale saying he would refuse to work if Robin was included in a future Batman film.

"If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work."

If the quote is legit, it's probably safe to say that Robin won't be appearing in the Christopher Nolan/Christian Bale Batman films.

The Riddler Could Be Main Villain In Next Batman Movie

Latest on the next Batman flick...

The original plan was to have The Joker return in the next Batman film following The Dark Knight, but with the death of Heath Ledger, that will no longer happen.

Apparently the plan now is to have The Riddler be the top villain. Jim Carrey played The Riddler in Batman Forever.

Actor Gary Oldman, however, says the role of The Joker should be recast.

"I don't see why not. I mean, they did it with Katie Holmes' character. I understand that this is a different circumstance, but I think another actor could do the job. I think Heath would want another actor to do the job. Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler."

Gary Oldman's remark leaves one to assume that The Joker isn't killed at the end of TDK, which I think is a refreshing change from these comic films, where the main villain has to die each time. Unfortunately, Heath won't be here to reprise the role, but the loyalty should be to the story, not the actor.

Gary Oldman's remark leaves one to assume that The Joker isn't killed at the end of TDK, which I think is a refreshing change from these comic films, where the main villain has to die each time. Unfortunately, Heath won't be here to reprise the role, but the loyalty should be to the story, not the actor.

Definitely. The circumstances make it a tougher decision, of course. I'm not sure what I'd prefer, actually.

Who would you like as The Riddler, Laz?

Unfortunately, Heath won't be here to reprise the role, but the loyalty should be to the story, not the actor.

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, you do harm to that next film by trying to replace someone that can't be replaced. I mean just look at the actors who have played Batman in the movies. They range from great to terrible. Any story is reliant on the quality of the characters.

Though I admit it really depends on personal preference. I would take great characters over a great story any day. Like I said, personal preference.

I remember the rumors of Bob Hoskins as The Penguin in "the next one" right after Begins opened - that was interesting.

Honestly...I love Jim Carey's Riddler and I think he would be a fine choice again. And I think he is perfectly capable of toning it down a bit while still keeping the spirit of his former portrayal.

But if not...how about Steve Carell for the Riddler? I think he has the right balance of comedic and dramatic talent for it.

And how about Jessica Alba for Catwoman? (Although as far as I'm concerned no one is ever surpassing Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman).

Honestly...I love Jim Carey's Riddler and I think he would be a fine choice again. And I think he is perfectly capable of toning it down a bit while still keeping the spirit of his former portrayal.

But if not...how about Steve Carell for the Riddler? I think he has the right balance of comedic and dramatic talent for it.

And how about Jessica Alba for Catwoman? (Although as far as I'm concerned no one is ever surpassing Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman).

Can a post that has opinions and not facts manage to be wrong anyway?

Can a post that has opinions and not facts manage to be wrong anyway?

I'm feeling you. I don't like the idea of any comedians showing up here, and I don't trust Carrey to tone it down. Steve Carrell? No fucking way, too "normal" and not a good enough actor. Jessica Alba is talentless eye candy and would be an even worse choice than Katie Holmes.

And with the exception of her, Nolan has casted brilliantly so far, and I trust he will be thinking outside the box as he did with Ledger. I've heard a couple great Catwoman suggestions (Vera Farmiga, Eva Green, Marion Cotillard), and haven't really thought about The Riddler at all.

I did not mention him, might have been YLB.....could be an interesting choice.....the women Laz mentioned for Catwoman would all be great. Actual actresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom