The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to read any reviews but thanks for posting :) Good to know it got 3 1/2 out of 4 but then again it is Rolling Stone.

I have Comcast On Demand and they have a section of Dark Knight stuff, it's all free. I watched most of it last night during a terrible storm. They have all the trailers and an alternate trailer and some behind the scenes features that were way too short-and a Gotham Today show with Anthony Michael Hall. They have a recap of Batman Begins and they completely cut Katie Holmes out of it. You're no Katie Holmes Maggie Gyllenhaal!

Losing Katie Holmes is already the best thing The Dark Knight did to improve upon the original.

I don't understand how you can give a glowing review like Travers did yet deduct a half-star without any mention of shortcomings.

So who would pick up Heath's theoretical posthumous Oscar? Chris Nolan? Jake Gyllenhaal? Michelle Williams? Matt Damon?

I don't understand how you can give a glowing review like Travers did yet deduct a half-star without any mention of shortcomings.

So who would pick up Heath's theoretical posthumous Oscar? Chris Nolan? Jake Gyllenhaal? Michelle Williams? Matt Damon?

Daniel Day-Lewis?

You think Lance's Mom ever made a similar speech at her son's bedside?

"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed in business this long, all these years? Lust. The spectacle of lustful acts. If someone pays me $5, I use my hand. If he spends more, I use my tongue. If he rises against me, I cut off his johnson, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all the other streetwalkers can see. That's what preserves the whoredom of things. Lust.

That one tonight--who was he? A nobody, a coward. What an ignominious end that would have been. I drilled the last honorable man fifteen years ago; since then...you see his portrait downstairs? Is our mouth all glued up with Juicy-Juice? I asked you a question.

Oh, you got a perverted rage in you, I like that. It's puberty, boiling up inside you, it's good. The pimp and me, we lived by the same principles. It was only scat that divided us. He gave me this, you know. That was the finest reaming I ever took. My ass was pulp. My nose was pierced, my lips all mashed up..and when he came to finish on me...they couldn't look him in the eye. He spared me because he wanted me to live in shame--this was a great man. Great man. So I cut off the nipple that turned away. Sent it to him wrapped in newspaper. I would have cut 'em both off if I could have worked blind. And I rose back up again with a full brothel, and buried him in his own powerjuice.

He was the only man I drilled worth remembering.

I never had another son.

Prostitution is crumbling.

God bless you."

--from Bangs Of New York, 2002.

"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed in business this long, all these years? Lust. The spectacle of lustful acts. If someone pays me $5, I use my hand. If he spends more, I use my tongue. If he rises against me, I cut off his johnson, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all the other streetwalkers can see. That's what preserves the whoredom of things. Lust.

That one tonight--who was he? A nobody, a coward. What an ignominious end that would have been. I drilled the last honorable man fifteen years ago; since then...you see his portrait downstairs? Is our mouth all glued up with Juicy-Juice? I asked you a question.

Oh, you got a perverted rage in you, I like that. It's puberty, boiling up inside you, it's good. The pimp and me, we lived by the same principles. It was only scat that divided us. He gave me this, you know. That was the finest reaming I ever took. My ass was pulp. My nose was pierced, my lips all mashed up..and when he came to finish on me...they couldn't look him in the eye. He spared me because he wanted me to live in shame--this was a great man. Great man. So I cut off the nipple that turned away. Sent it to him wrapped in newspaper. I would have cut 'em both off if I could have worked blind. And I rose back up again with a full brothel, and buried him in his own powerjuice.

I never had another son.

God bless you."

Arguably your best.

Well done, sir.

112dbx4.jpg

I never had another son.

God bless you."

You're such a sick fuck; I love it.

Go ahead, bitch about the movie being too long, at two and a half hours, for short attention spans (it is), too somber for the Hulk crowd (it is), too smart for its own good (it isn't). The haunting and visionary Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination. It's full of surprises you don't see coming. And just try to get it out of your dreams.

4 Star review with a 3.5 star score.

RS never had a firm grasp on their ratings.

So was it already talked about that there will very likely be a Watchmen teaser attached to The Dark Knight in theaters?

Confirmed (rumor): I'm seeing this either the day it comes out or the weekend of with my father. :up: He's seen every Batman film (save perhaps Batman & Robin, which is an abomination anyway) going back to '89, and we both loved Batman Begins. Should be a good time.

from 411mania.com

The Dark Knight Poised For Huge Debut

Pre-sales are big...

Early word is that the pre-sales for tickets to The Dark Knight have been so big, theaters have started adding tons of extra screenings. Dozens of showtimes for the film have already sold out, and the movie doesn't open until July 18th.

:hyper:

:drool:

I still love the fanboys on Flixster who think this will be the greatest movie ever.

Fuck you, Charles Foster Kane, do you have a batpod?

from 411mania.com

The Dark Knight Poised For Huge Debut

Pre-sales are big...

Early word is that the pre-sales for tickets to The Dark Knight have been so big, theaters have started adding tons of extra screenings. Dozens of showtimes for the film have already sold out, and the movie doesn't open until July 18th.

:hyper:

:drool:
I don't see this as good news. It's going to be a nightmare watching this in cinemas, what with kids chatting non-stop, chavs playing with mobile phones and gremlins swinging from the ceiling. I think I'll wait until the second or third week of release before braving my local.

I'm sure the suit and ties at WB are happy, though.

I still love the fanboys on Flixster who think this will be the greatest movie ever.

Fuck you, Charles Foster Kane, do you have a batpod?

But but but... how could it NOT be the best movie ever?!?!?! I mean, Batman Begins was a maste...err well, it was pretty OK... but this one will rule the universe!

What was your criticism of BB? It didn't have the most original or mind-blowing action scenes, but it had an epic quality and brought a lot of dignity back to the character. Plus, this exchange at the end of the film, where Gordon says: "I never got a chance to thank you." and Batman responds "...and you'll never have to." I got chills at how well this nailed the character. And the Joker card? Just a note-perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom