The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Victory is a sequel to Long Halloween, so go with Long Halloween first.

I'd have to say the essential Batman GNs/TPBs are in my opinion (in no order):

Year One
Dark Knight Returns
The Killing Joke
The Long Halloween

Some other favs:
The Haunted Knight
Hush
Broken City
Dark Victory (seemed to end abruptly from what I remember, but it was fantastic before that)
Detective
Year 100

Absolutely. :up:

Sure thing...

SIMP%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.ComicBookGuy.JPG

400__~gauntlet_eg_eg2_20061109_harsh_times_04_web.jpg

Stop giving me such a harsh time

If you want a thought-provoking Batman GN, go for Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Along with Year One, the Dark Knight Returns and the Killing Joke, it is essential Bat reading.

In my current state of hungoverness and mental instability, that image that you just posted scares the living shit out of me.

I bought, and am about halfway through reading, The Dark Knight Returns. It's pretty freaking amazing. I'm gonna look for The Killing Joke next.

I just got a Barnes and Noble gift card, so I'll probably pick up The Killing Joke as well.

I bought, and am about halfway through reading, The Dark Knight Returns. It's pretty freaking amazing. I'm gonna look for The Killing Joke next.
After the Killing Joke you need to track down Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth if you can, tourist. I can't stress how downright awesome and creepy it is. For the record, it's also Christian Bale's favourite graphic novel and the one that got him interested in the Batman role (along with War On Crime). I'd stay clear of Hush though. Great art but the story is a mess and suffers from villain overload (a common fault with Jeph Loeb stories.)

After the Killing Joke you need to track down Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth if you can, tourist. I can't stress how downright awesome and creepy it is. For the record, it's also Christian Bale's favourite graphic novel and the one that got him interested in the Batman role (along with War On Crime). I'd stay clear of Hush though. Great art but the story is a mess and suffers from villain overload (a common fault with Jeph Loeb stories.)

Yeah, I thought Hush was alright, though I guessed the villain pretty early on...was a little disappointed after the Long Halloween & Dark Victory's mysteries.

Hmmm.... From the trailer, I we knew that Harvey Dent would become Two-Face, but I'd assumed that it would happen at the end of the movie. This clip gives me the feeling that it's either 1). somewhere in the 2nd half but not the end, or 2). that this clip is like a bonus post-credits scene. :hmm:
We get a good 20-30 minutes of Two-Face according to Eric Roberts.

Well, the second GN I got was The Long Halloween. As I'm not such a fan of Miller's art, I put off buying Year One--and I couldn't find The Killing Joke at my local Borders. Might have to go all the way to Seattle to find it and I can't be bothered unless I'm already there with the current gas prices. I have read The Killing Joke before, though.

Well, the second GN I got was The Long Halloween. As I'm not such a fan of Miller's art, I put off buying Year One--and I couldn't find The Killing Joke at my local Borders. Might have to go all the way to Seattle to find it and I can't be bothered unless I'm already there with the current gas prices. I have read The Killing Joke before, though.

Great choice, I think you'll like it.

Miller actually didn't do the art in Year One as an FYI.

This is what the fanboys at Comic-Con were cheering about? I guess it isn't that bad now since Two-Face has been a confirmed (maybe it's a confirmed rumor) part of this movie.

152 min. runtime? Fuck yes.

*Chest-bumps LeMac*

I would like to mention that it angers me that this thread is tagged for Ledger and not for Bale.

*Receives chest-bump, dishes out high five to U-Pop*

It should also be tagged for Eric Roberts, I'm jus' sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom