The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Here's my favorite show open, ever

http://youtube.com/watch?v=08cXyrDewlQ

The fucking guy is a middle aged Medical Examiner....after all the cops pass out, there are explosions, cars going off cliffs, stuff on fire, he's on a beach, he's in a bathrobe, he's on a fucking boat with some chick...he's a fucking Medical Examiner!!!

And the music is interesting.

Oh, he's inspecting the skin of a cadaver...oh, that's weird, he's not wearing his scrubs...oh shit IT'S A CHICK IN A BIKINI!!!

It's pretty ridiculous. I mean, it's clear Klugman is no Magnum P.I., and if you know him from The Odd Couple it's even more of a stretch.

This was a good show, though, from what I remember.

We all know this is actually the best show ever:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TxAf1HQOB_Y

Stuntman by day, bounty hunter by night (and weekend, apparently). Six Million Dollar Man + Heather Thomas = GOLD

You just try not singing this theme song over and over again. "I've never been with anything less than a Nine...so fine!"

Can you imagine a Network letting a show waste 1:34 seconds of content time on the intro? Fuck, things have changed.

I was obsessed with Heather Thomas as a kid for a while there.

No spoken words said:
Can you imagine a Network letting a show waste 1:34 seconds of content time on the intro? Fuck, things have changed.

I was obsessed with Heather Thomas as a kid for a while there.

I was going to mention that but I forgot. That's like twice as long as most theme songs. But it's SO GOOD. You Tube also has a feature about it (with extra verses!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qFakL0Es6k&feature=related

Warning: Lee Majors looks fucking OLD. And thin.

Also, Heather Thomas was like the less slutty alternative to Heather Locklear. For one, she didn't hook up with loser cheese-metalheads like Tommy Lee or Richie Sambora. And she just appeared more down-to-earth, girl next door.

I love this show. Need to get the DVDs.

The only show I have DVDs from, besides recent or semi-recent shows like Lost or The Wire, Deadwood, Arrested Development, Senifeld, etc....are:

Seasons 3-5 of Star Trek TNG
Season 1 of Miami Vice (which I love and wish people would not just remember the pastels, but, understand why they do)

Not sure if Hill Street Blues is out on DVD, am sure it is....and if it is, should I get it? Will it be as good as I remember it. The Wire is the first cop show since Hill Street I've evere watched...no NYPD Blue, none of the CSI's or Law and Orders or Homicides....

I always liked Heather Thomas more than Locklear, not sure why.

2114164033_874d680a98_o.jpg

I still say it's not epic enough. Also, Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart (is there even one shot of him?) should have been featured more. Also, The Joker clapping his hands twice was repetitive.

It still kicks ass though. Ledger is going to pwn the world after this.

Jack who?

"Let's put a smile on that face."

Good gravy, is it July yet?

No spoken words said:
Man, Laz, I hope you get your wish and that this film ends badly for Batman, with some sort of cliffhanger.

I like this trailer.

I just wonder if Nolan has the cojones to NOT kill The Joker at the end of this film. Since they know now they're doing a trilogy (right?) they can plot it out accordingly and deliver a HUGE payoff in part three, which they'll call, what, Detective Comics? Batman 3: The Joker Is Wild?

The other question is, would Heath Ledger have committed to two films? Probably. It's a great role, and he seems game for anything.

Man, if they are able to attach a Watchmen trailer to this thing I don't know if I'll be able to stay dry during the screening.

From what I know, Ledger, Oldman, Caine and Eckhart are all signed on for another one. Bale signed a three picture deal in late 2003 and he also has first say on a future Batman/Superman project.

lazarus said:

I just wonder if Nolan has the cojones to NOT kill The Joker at the end of this film.

Yeah, I hope he does. I really hate when comic movies kill off the "nemisis" after just a relatively short time. I mean the Goblin and the Joker were long time enemies to Batman and Spiderman, how can you truly be a nemisis if you are killed off after only a few days(or whatever the timelines were suppose to be)?

Plus, from what I remember, most of Batman's enemies are pretty lame. I can't believe the first franchise went with Mr. Freeze...

The only other enemies movie worthy(that this franchise haven't touched upon) would be the Riddler, maybe some of the minor ones such as Ra's daughter would be cool. But even the Penguin is sorta lame.

And according to Wikipedia two minor enemies of the name Gator and Gamble will be in the Dark Knight, I've never heard of them.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
I hope Watchmen lives up to your expectations.

It probably won't. I'm not pleased with most of the casting, to be honest. Apparently Jude Law is a huge fan of the comic and was dying to be in the film, and I don't know why they wouldn't use him. They are fighting an uphill battle by using relative unknowns, and while I don't necessarily want it loaded with stars, Law as Ozymandias would have been perfect. Same with Ian McShane as The Comedian. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorshach is a nice outside-the-box choice, but I was imagining someone much more intense, and bigger.

But Zack Snyder seems to have a real commitment to preserving the integrity of the comic, so we'll see what happens. They changed a decent amount with V For Vendetta, but I was still pleased as they stayed true to the tone of the piece. To me, that open-ended final moment (Rorshach's journal in the package) of Watchmen is crucial, and I hope they have the courage to end the film the same way, even if they concoct some other type of apocayptic device for the climax.

There's talk of having all this supplemental material released before or in tandem with the film (a la The Animatrix or Clone Wars), and that sounds appealing, and that they're treating this with the magnitude that the piece requires.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yeah, I hope he does. I really hate when comic movies kill off the "nemisis" after just a relatively short time. I mean the Goblin and the Joker were long time enemies to Batman and Spiderman, how can you truly be a nemisis if you are killed off after only a few days(or whatever the timelines were suppose to be)?

That's always been my huge problem with Burton and Schumacher's Batman films, as well as Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy (Harry Osborn notwithstanding). These villains all pop up and are eliminated one by one, and it takes away from the mythology to me. I understand you have to have some payoff for the audience, but the franchise has much more weight when each film isn't necessarily self-contained.

Say what you want about the X-Men films, but to me they stand taller than all those mentioned above because they created an arc for almost every major character, hero and villain alike. Despite not being a Brett Ratner fan, I thought he honored the first two films by being consistent with what had come before, and I was moved by many of the characters' resolutions.

I was moderately satisfied with Bryan Singer's Superman (my problems were more the plot contrivances than anything else), but I liked that he let Luthor live to fight another day. It shows they're trying to build something substantial instead of just cashing in. Even though Spider-Man was planned as a trilogy, they didn't have the nerve to let it play out longer, and destroyed Green Goblin and Doc Ock days after their origins. It's cheap.

Nolan already has my respect for what he's done with Begins, and I just hope he continues to make the tough and creative choices.

For the record, Cillian Murphy is listed in the cast of TDK, whether he's appearing in flashbacks or is actually part of the new continuity remains to be seen. But I like the idea of the villans overlapping from film to film. Part One shows Ra's Al Ghul defeated, while Scarecrow escapes and the Joker is hinted at. Part Two shows the Joker come to power and Harvey Dent is introduced, and I imagine Two Face will make it to the third film with The Joker.

The next step after Two-Face would have to be Selina Kyle/Catwoman. I'm convinced.

It's possible they could introduce a "new" villain for Part Three, but do we know already that Dent becomes Two-Face in TDK? If Two-Face is introduced at the very end of the film a la Joker in Batman Begins, you'd essentially have a new villain for the third film.

Also, Halle Berry's Catwoman was fairly recent, and I don't think they would want to be associated with that debacle in any way whatsoever.

Spoilers...

Two-Face is for sure in the film. He was very briefly teased in the footage shown at the Wizard World Chicago. The bartender says to Dent: "I thought you were dead". Dent responds to him "Half".

waynetravis said:
The prologue is on youtube.

What is the prologue? I watched the first minute or two of it, but stopped.... Is it part of the movie, i.e. will I be watching 6 minutes of the movie (which I'd prefer to save for the film itself), or is it 6 minutes of film not in the movie at all but done as true "prologue?"

lazarus said:
Ledger is going to pwn the world after this.

Jack who?

I hope so. It's not that I'm a huge Ledger fan, but I was very impressed with the choice of him for the Joker---it's a pretty bold move. I mean, the guy's only really started to show some good stuff in one or two films; the rest have been teen flicks. But from the start, I just had a feeling that he'd be absolutely twisted as the Joker....and I'm so eager to see if I was right! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom