The Joker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect odd couple.

One likes to destroy, the other likes to prevent destruction.

Khan - "So, anyway, I headed over to Navy Pier an..."

Ackbar, interrupting "Oy, why did you go there???"

Khan - "Everyone told me that if you visit Chicago, you need to go to Navy Pier"

Ackbar - "No, it's a trap. A tourist trap"

Doorbell rings....

"Pizza guy!!!"

Chaos ensues

Ackbar - "Oh, Khan, did you really need to kill the pizza delivery guy???"

Khan - "He asks me....."

Ackbar - "Um. Yeah, I'm asking you."

Khan - "Have I ever told you of the Klingon proverb which states that pizza is best served cold....it is very cold, in space"

Ackbar - "But, uh, pizza should be served hot, at first, no?"

Khan - "Be silent, Captain Ackbar!!!"

Ackbar - "I'm actually an Admiral"

Khan - "Admiral??? Admiral????"

Ackbar - "Dude, yeah, I'm an Admiral"

Khan - "I've done more than kill you"

Ackbar - "What?"

Khan - "I've hurt you...and I wish to go on, hurting you"

Ackbar - "Ok, well, I'm gonna head upstairs and watch Oprah. I Tivo'd it"

Khan - "Repel this"

Ackbar goes upstairs.

Phone rings.

It's for Khan

Ackbar - "KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!. Um. Phone call"

I just re-read this, and it's pretty fucking stupid, but, it's the thought that counts. M I RITE!?!?!?

Last edited:
Here's the matching poster to that Joker one above:

darkknightint.jpg

This film is going to pwn everything next summer, including Indy IV.

No spoken words said:
The perfect odd couple.

One likes to destroy, the other likes to prevent destruction.

Khan - "So, anyway, I headed over to Navy Pier an..."

Ackbar, interrupting "Oy, why did you go there???"

Khan - "Everyone told me that if you visit Chicago, you need to go to Navy Pier"

Ackbar - "No, it's a trap. A tourist trap"

Doorbell rings....

"Pizza guy!!!"

Chaos ensues

Ackbar - "Oh, Khan, did you really need to kill the pizza delivery guy???"

Khan - "He asks me....."

Ackbar - "Um. Yeah, I'm asking you."

Khan - "Have I ever told you of the Klingon proverb which states that pizza is best served cold....it is very cold, in space"

Ackbar - "But, uh, pizza should be served hot, at first, no?"

Khan - "Be silent, Captain Ackbar!!!"

Ackbar - "I'm actually an Admiral"

Khan - "Admiral??? Admiral????"

Ackbar - "Dude, yeah, I'm an Admiral"

Khan - "I've done more than kill you"

Ackbar - "What?"

Khan - "I've hurt you...and I wish to go on, hurting you"

Ackbar - "Ok, well, I'm gonna head upstairs and watch Oprah. I Tivo'd it"

Khan - "Repel this"

Ackbar goes upstairs.

Phone rings.

It's for Khan

Ackbar - "KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!. Um. Phone call"

I just re-read this, and it's pretty fucking stupid, but, it's the thought that counts. M I RITE!?!?!?

:lol:

*phone rings*

"Where's the re-dial? THE RE-DIAL?!?!"

I saw that trailer when I saw I Am Legend today.

I swear, it honestly gave me goosebumps. This movie is going to be sick. :drool:

mixed feelings about joker , but then again , i saw batman in 1990 , when i was what , 8 years old , it's hard not to say questionable things about this guy wearing makeup
atleast batman forever was terrible , no problems with two-face , then :|

Alright, consider me underwhelmed by the Dark Knight trailer. Ledger looks phenomenal, but they had only like two shots of Batman and one of Wayne. Gary Oldman goes by in a flash, and I don't even remember seeing Harvey Dent. WTF? Also, I understand this film is going to be smaller than the last one, taking place primarily in Gotham (as opposed to Chinese prison camps and hikes into the Himalayas), but there was nothing iconic or BIG in this trailer at all. Nothing that made me say "wow, this film is going to be the best comic book movie ever". They show a semi-truck flipping over, which is probably one of the most overused action movie stunts ever. Are people supposed to be impressed by this?

Where is the gravitas that should accompany a Batman film? Maybe they're just trying to get out of Watchmen's way.

It's a teaser that gets the job done, in my humble opinion. It's selling us Batman vs Joker which is what most people will be going to see it for.

The action scenes also seem to be shot with much more flair without bordering on the absurd. I hated all that choppy bullshit in Begins.

Also, Nolan has said the Dark Knight is way more epic than Begins, what with the evacuations, turf wars and Batman traveling to Hong Kong to kick some major ass.

lazarus said:
Alright, consider me underwhelmed by the Dark Knight trailer. Ledger looks phenomenal, but they had only like two shots of Batman and one of Wayne. Gary Oldman goes by in a flash, and I don't even remember seeing Harvey Dent. WTF? Also, I understand this film is going to be smaller than the last one, taking place primarily in Gotham (as opposed to Chinese prison camps and hikes into the Himalayas), but there was nothing iconic or BIG in this trailer at all. Nothing that made me say "wow, this film is going to be the best comic book movie ever". They show a semi-truck flipping over, which is probably one of the most overused action movie stunts ever. Are people supposed to be impressed by this?

Where is the gravitas that should accompany a Batman film? Maybe they're just trying to get out of Watchmen's way.

True, but you know there's gonna be another trailer coming with a Spring release; hopefully it'll be more exciting, I don't know. I don't remember the trailer for Begins being too great either.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I don't remember the trailer for Begins being too great either.
Indeed. Aside from the moody teaser, none of the promo clips were that memorable. Nolan seems to prefer to keep the best stuff for the actual film. Hell, Scarecrow only appeared in the Begins trailer for a second. Blink and you would have missed him.

All I knew from the Begins trailer was that Morgan Freeman played Red making shit for Wayne, Liam Neeson has an awesome fu manchu and liked to fight over ice, and Ken Watanabe wanted "Gotham des-troyyyed."

Oh, and a tank for a Batmobile. Since there weren't any batnipples involved, I was okay with it.

Either way, other than Katie Holmes' part, the movie was incredibly strong and still my 2nd favorite Superhero movie behind Spidey 2.

I think the best part is easily Ledger. The laugh alone is kick-ass. Unfortunately for him, it's 100% guaranteed that there will be heavy comparisons to Nicholson when the movie comes out, and I imagine that even though critics will say Ledger's great at the part (I'm assuming) and plays a great Joker, they're still going to give the edge to Jack just because he's Jack.

I'm hoping that the darkness/seriousness that was present in Begins comes out in the next trailer and the movie itself. It may have been hidden in hard-to-hear dialogue...but I got a hint of camp in the trailer. :reject: It might in part be that new Bat-costume, new Bat-HQ, and new Bat-vehicle are a little too reminiscent of the Burton/Schumacher series...:yikes:

I wouldn't say that it appeared campy. But adding The Joker will change the dialogue from Batman Begins simply because of his personality. He likes to taunt and talk to his opponents/victims. He's supposed to be the opposite of the deadly serious Batman. So naturally, this would add more quips to the movie since Batman doesn't really have many in the first movie and likely in the second as well.

Joey788 said:
I wouldn't say that it appeared campy. But adding The Joker will change the dialogue from Batman Begins simply because of his personality. He likes to taunt and talk to his opponents/victims. He's supposed to be the opposite of the deadly serious Batman. So naturally, this would add more quips to the movie since Batman doesn't really have many in the first movie and likely in the second as well.

No, I totally understand what you're saying. I'm a big fan of the Joker in the comics. He lightens things up in a way, but also darkens because of his pure twistedness. But multiple chases in various Bat-vehicles and a scene with the Joker screaming "hit me" and Batman jousting at him on the Batcycle...? Pretty corny to me. :shrug:

I'm not making a judgment on the whole movie just based on a few clips, I'm just saying there's a hint of camp to me.

I wouldn't peg this as campy at all just yet, especially after judging the rest of Christopher Nolan's filmography.

If a shark explodes in this one, I might say it's campy. I'm not sure.

Adam West is still Batman, right?

Yeah, yeah... he was the shit.

You really can't top the trio of Romero's Joker, Frank Gorshin's Riddler, and Burgess motherfucking Meredith's Penguin.

All on a slanted camera view.

Here's my favorite show open, ever

http://youtube.com/watch?v=08cXyrDewlQ

The fucking guy is a middle aged Medical Examiner....after all the cops pass out, there are explosions, cars going off cliffs, stuff on fire, he's on a beach, he's in a bathrobe, he's on a fucking boat with some chick...he's a fucking Medical Examiner!!!

And the music is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom